Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old May 25, 10, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I've been following this thread for a while but just now noticed in the title that "milage" is spelled wrong ... should be mileage ... surprised no-one else caught it

Drek
Old May 25, 10, 7:39 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by dinosims View Post
I called 888-270-2127, and the rep there told me that they can see the apps 24-48 hours after the app is submitted.
Hmmm. I'm still within the 48 hour window, but I take it you are not.

In any case, try calling the automated number. 800-432-3117. Press # and then 1. I did and the automated system verified that Chase has received my application and verified the date or receipt. It won't provide any status information, but at least you will know for sure that Chase has received your application.
Old May 25, 10, 7:45 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Reread my post (#777), RNE, and you'll see that it's well past the 48 hour window, and that my confusion stemmed from the fact that the automated system could see the app, while the analyst couldn't.
Old May 25, 10, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Reread my post (#777), RNE, and you'll see that it's well past the 48 hour window, and that my confusion stemmed from the fact that the automated system could see the app, while the analyst couldn't.
Same exact thing happened to me. Applied on the 19th. No hard pull. Automated system could see the application but the analyst could not. Decided to reapply. Called to check the automated system and immediately transferred to an agent. She could see both applications and said I would receive word in 2 weeks.

Will call the analyst number tomorrow and see what they have to say.
Old May 25, 10, 9:01 pm

That's strange. Chase is usually pretty good about it, and if it's their automated system, it should be good.

My sis also applied via the link and she is still getting the review message. She has excellent credit, doesn't churn cards, and never had a United CC before, so she's a perfect candidate. She doesn't worry about the miles as much as I do so she's going to wait the two full weeks and then check on the status. Let us know if you get approved. I'd be interested to hear if anyone who applied via the link was successful!

Old May 25, 10, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deant View Post
Same exact thing happened to me. Applied on the 19th. No hard pull. Automated system could see the application but the analyst could not. Decided to reapply. Called to check the automated system and immediately transferred to an agent. She could see both applications and said I would receive word in 2 weeks.

It is odd that the 2nd application would bring the 1st application out from invisible stage... probably due to the computer now detects 2 applications on the same card?

The agent would not eliminate the first application (the one that does not generate an inquiry)?
Old May 25, 10, 10:26 pm

The agent that the automated system connects you to could see my app as well, making me think that they just use that automated system to look at apps. The analysts probably have another system that gives more details about the app and the applicant that would empower them to make a decision.
Old May 25, 10, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA - Plat
Originally Posted by unavaca View Post
Edit: Clearly it's too late at night for me to be reading FT. The easy fix is to login to your Chase account at https://www.chase.com/. After you get to the My Accounts screen, follow this link: https://applynow1.chase.com/FlexAppW...p.do?SPID=CY8S
gave it shot - and I just switched my 'gold card' to 'select' to get the extra miles - wonder what will happen... ???
Old May 26, 10, 1:16 am

Programs: UA, AA, CO
discount travel certificate

when I called to apply, the banker said after the 1st purchase you'll get the bonus miles as well as a discount travel certificate. The miles has already been posted but I didn't get any certificate. did anyone here get it or am I mistaken?
Old May 26, 10, 1:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, VX S
Originally Posted by MSU_spartan View Post
when I called to apply, the banker said after the 1st purchase you'll get the bonus miles as well as a discount travel certificate. The miles has already been posted but I didn't get any certificate. did anyone here get it or am I mistaken?
The certs are paper. If you get one, they'll come in the mail a few weeks later.
Old May 26, 10, 6:19 am
RNE

...I was getting tired of waiting around, so today I called the direct number to a credit analyst, who couldn't find the app after searching in every way possible (SS, name, other Chase card). She was very confused about why one system would have the app on record and her's didn't, but didn't really have any suggestions other than to reapply and call back after 48 hours to the direct line to make sure that they received it. I'll have to give it another try....hopefully if the app never made it to the analysts, they didn't do a hard pull on the CR yet, so it won't show up on there twice. Good thing the online app is still around - hopefully this one will get submitted?
...Applied on the 19th. Automated system could see the application but the analyst could not...
Yeah. I'm pretty dense. Let me see if I have this right.

1. You applied for the 50K M+ Chase card.
2. The automated system verified Chase received your application.
3. The application specifically states in bold print: "DO NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION."
4. You submitted another application.

Do I have that about right?
Old May 26, 10, 9:03 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discv, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs up THANKS

unavaca: Thanks for the link.

channa: Thanks for the heads-up re this offer.
Old May 26, 10, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by RNE View Post
Yeah. I'm pretty dense. Let me see if I have this right.

1. You applied for the 50K M+ Chase card.
2. The automated system verified Chase received your application.
3. The application specifically states in bold print: "DO NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION."
4. You submitted another application.

Do I have that about right?
Partially.

1. I applied for the 50K M+ Chase card.
2. The automated system confirmed that the application was received.
3. The rep that the automated system sent me to confirmed that the application was pending.
4. The credit analyst, who can see apps 24-48 hours after being submitted, and has the ultimate power in deciding who gets approved has no record of an application being submitted.
5. I have not submitted another application. Yet.
Old May 26, 10, 11:14 am
RNE

5. I have not submitted another application. Yet.
Good. Don't. My faith in humanity is restored. My plural "you" hereby applies solely to deant.
Old May 26, 10, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called 888-270-2127, and the rep there told me that they can see the apps 24-48 hours after the app is submitted.

I finally called the 888 number posted by dinosims. The rep cannot find my application by using SSN, or Last name and Zip Code combo. She said application received would show up in the system she used within 24 to 48 hours. If it does not show up using both search methods, she concluded the application never arrives, regardless what the automatic system said, given the submission is way back on the 19th.

According to her, they would not perform a hard pull UNTIL the application has reached the system she used to search. She said I do not need to wait for the 2 weeks passed before resubmitting the app, because 1) there would be no hard pull from the first one, 2) there may never be a written decision letter as the decision making dept has NEVER gotten the app.

The fact that there is not a Chase email acknowledging the receipt of application, according to this rep, means the app has not gone anywhere in Chase system. i.e. it is basically "lost" in the syber space somewhere and would never be processed.

Now it is decision time - should we resubmit it using the method described here before the link is finally gone or we wait through the 2 week plus mailing time, i.e. beginning of June?

deant, would you mind to post an update?

Last edited by Happy; May 26, 10 at 1:35 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: