Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2010, 5:19 am
jyj

Programs: United MP 1P
Originally Posted by yul7075
could you please provide the URL link that you are getting after clicking on
APPLY NOW

this should be the chase web link
I am using this link: https://www.thatsaplus.com/MPElite.aspx

I input my MP number and Last Name and get to here: https://www.thatsaplus.com/MPSignature50kAFW.aspx

But I don't think that second link is going to work unless you were targeted and logged in with your MP number. When I log out after getting there - and try the second URL by itself, it just kicks you back to the default thatsaplus.com page.
Old May 7, 2010, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by lax2010
Sorry to hear what happened! Since you applied a few weeks ago, have you either already received your new visa credit card or received a congrat email before receiving this rejection letter?
I was approved for the card and had been using it for the past few weeks.

But now according to the letter I won't be getting the bonus miles.

Does anybody have any workarounds or ideas?
Old May 7, 2010, 10:17 am

Just followed on the instructions on previous pages. Called UA, then transferred to Chase. My offer was for 30k bonus miles. I still signed up. Waiting for approval within the next 2 weeks.
Old May 7, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: UA*G
Originally Posted by mistertoony
Just followed on the instructions on previous pages. Called UA, then transferred to Chase. My offer was for 30k bonus miles. I still signed up. Waiting for approval within the next 2 weeks.
You could call Chase lending services at 1-888-270-2127 to review your application and give you a decision
Old May 7, 2010, 10:40 am

Just an update about miles posting for those wondering.

My statement closed May 2nd, my 50K miles plus whatever I spent on the card posted to my mileage summary today (May 7th). So, they seem to be posting quite quickly, which is nice.
Old May 7, 2010, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Cohall
Just an update about miles posting for those wondering.

My statement closed May 2nd, my 50K miles plus whatever I spent on the card posted to my mileage summary today (May 7th). So, they seem to be posting quite quickly, which is nice.
REMIND ME, please, what do i have to spend to get the miles to post? or how much did you spend? thanks
Old May 7, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by randys1
REMIND ME, please, what do i have to spend to get the miles to post? or how much did you spend? thanks
you just have to make one purchase and it should go through.
Old May 7, 2010, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Pingtung
you just have to make one purchase and it should go through.
Correct, I only had 1 or 2 small purchases, and I received the bonus miles.
Old May 7, 2010, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Mr. S
I signed up for the 50K card a few weeks ago, but got a letter in the mail today saying that I was ineligible for the offer because I had "taken advantage of this offer or a similar offer in the past". If I recall, I had 2 different UAL cards between 2003-2006 when you were still able to churn them.....not that I was a high volume churner by any means.

I was really hoping I'd be able to get the 50K miles for this card. I think the most miles I ever received as bonus from UAL was 20K. I remember hearing that, in situations such as this, you might be able to get additional miles to make up the difference for the more generous promotion. So, for example, if I received 20K miles with my original promotion, they would give another 30K miles to match this promotion. Has anybody had any luck with that?

Has anybody else not received the miles? Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Got the same letter yesterday. Looks like they are doing their homework after all. Too bad, seemed too good to be true anyways.
Old May 7, 2010, 11:37 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by UnitedConnection
Got the same letter yesterday. Looks like they are doing their homework after all. Too bad, seemed too good to be true anyways.
Not too good to be true. It is true for those who never had one.

For those who already had one in the past and also has actually received the bonus mile for this round. I wonder if Chase/UA (is it Chase or UA?) is going to pull the bonus mile back out! Any bad experience like this out there? Thanks.
Old May 7, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: Bear Backers
Would using a business address work?

I haven't had a card with them for about 3 years. My guess is they verify using the mileage plus number. What if I try and don't get the miles? Am I still stuck with the $60.00 annual fee?
Old May 7, 2010, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by oskidunker
I haven't had a card with them for about 3 years. My guess is they verify using the mileage plus number. What if I try and don't get the miles? Am I still stuck with the $60.00 annual fee?
First year annual service fee of $60.00 is waived.
Old May 7, 2010, 12:45 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lax2010
First year annual service fee of $60.00 is waived.
Maybe not in all circumstances.

I just called Chase because I got a letter in the mail stating I am not eligible to receive the "premium" associated with the first use of my card (I was approved for the 50k miles and no annual fee in the first year when I called in). It should be noted that I used to have a United Chase card 2-3 years ago and cancelled it after the 1st year. When talking with the Chase representative, I told her that I was okay with not getting the 50k miles but I inquired about the $60 annual fee. She said that Chase *never* waives that first year fee which I called her out on since I was approved for it and have benefitted from in the past. She finally admitted that they do offer it to certain customers but I was not one of them so I would be subject to the $60 annual fee. Based on that, I decided to cancel my card because I have enough credit cards that don't have an annual fee.

Moral of the story - if you get a letter in the mail stating that you don't qualify for the premium about 2-3 weeks after receiving your card, be on the lookout for a $60 annual fee. As always, YMMV.
Old May 7, 2010, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by fried.food.is.good
Maybe not in all circumstances.

I just called Chase because I got a letter in the mail stating I am not eligible to receive the "premium" associated with the first use of my card (I was approved for the 50k miles and no annual fee in the first year when I called in). It should be noted that I used to have a United Chase card 2-3 years ago and cancelled it after the 1st year. When talking with the Chase representative, I told her that I was okay with not getting the 50k miles but I inquired about the $60 annual fee. She said that Chase *never* waives that first year fee which I called her out on since I was approved for it and have benefitted from in the past. She finally admitted that they do offer it to certain customers but I was not one of them so I would be subject to the $60 annual fee. Based on that, I decided to cancel my card because I have enough credit cards that don't have an annual fee.

Moral of the story - if you get a letter in the mail stating that you don't qualify for the premium about 2-3 weeks after receiving your card, be on the lookout for a $60 annual fee. As always, YMMV.
Sorry to hear that! Anyone out there didn't get the $60 fee waived for the first year?
Old May 8, 2010, 9:22 pm

Received a new email (~15 days) after the cards arrival that states: With this bonus offer you will receive bonus_mile_amount bonus miles and one $100 United Discount Travel Certificate.

My first statement has posted as well as the 50K miles, but I haven't seen the $100 certificate show up, nor had I realized it was part of the offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.