Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 3:34 pm

you get miles in your account and your wifes, but to use them you have to consolidate them into one account if neither has enough for one ticket, making it very expensive to do...

if there is something I am missing let me know

example, my account has 110,000 miles, hers has nothing, i have already got my 50k from the promotion, if she gets it also then i have to move all 50K from hers to mine to get two 80K tix to maui

the cost is 0.015 per mile or $750 plus $35 fee or toal of $785

is this right?
Old May 5, 2010, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by randys1
need 80,000 miles per ticket, she has no miles in her account and my account would have 110,000...how else do i get the two tix to maui at 80K each?

could transfer 30K of mine to her but then i am buying one ticket at a time, never sure if you sit together etc
1. Have her get the 50K MP Visa and order max coins to 2 different shipping addresses for the additional 30K.
2. Consider saver economy tickets. If you buy the Econ + annual option, the E+ seats are pretty good. I am pretty much a business class redemption snob, but find United's E+ seats good enough for me to Hawaii. Just did this for SFO-Kona and got great E+ seats and saved a ton of miles.
3. It's worth the $20 to call a human for ticketing if you are paying from 2 different MP accounts.
Old May 5, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by rrgg
Thanks for the URL. I get a 30k offer and an error, "We don't recognize that combination of mileage plus number and last name." Don't know why.
Ditto here. Also input my wife's account and showed the same error message.

Has anyone tried calling the phone number that angel.x.martinez received in the mail and posted in the other thread? Believe the phone number was 800-933-0690 and the offer was valid until June 21st.

Last edited by deant; May 5, 2010 at 6:44 pm
Old May 5, 2010, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Silver
50k bonus posted after only 4 weeks

My 50K bonus posted today. Statement closed 5/4, and the 50K and 1 mile per $1 from the statement balance just showed up.
Old May 5, 2010, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
50k bonus miles was posted to my MP account a day after statement was closed.
Old May 6, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: IHG platinum, Hilton diamond, Hyatt platinum, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by artsytraveler
I just wanted to share my experience for those of you that are afraid to apply because you have applied for a card in the last 6 months.

I got the British Airways card in December '09.

I got the Continental Card in March '10.

I applied for the United card in early April. Did not get instant approval. Called the number where you talk to a human. She asked why I was opening so many credit cards. I explained that I would be traveling a lot on United and that is why I was applying for the card. She said I would have to close one of my accounts with Chase. I asked if instead she could lower my credit limit on my British Airways card to allow me to get the United card. She said she would attach that request and I would be notified within two weeks.

Today, I got the email informing me that I was approved.

Persistence paid off!

I don't know what the magic formula is but I know from my personal experience that the 6-month thing is not a rule.
Same situation here but not so lucky
Got decline letter so called the backdoor number to speak to the rep.
She strongly and persistently reject my application b/c I got my BA card within 6 months.
Hang up and called again but still no luck.
Guess I will keep trying since lots of people got approved enen within 6 months of BA approval.
Old May 6, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: ECExec, SPGTitanium,, UAPlat
Originally Posted by mjg59
Went to https://www.thatsaplus.com/MPElite.aspx , typed in my MP number and got offered an application for 50,000 miles immediately.
Clicked one this link, was excited! Put in mileage number and last name, link changed to 30K What did I do wrong?
Old May 6, 2010, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ILeftMyHeartInTexas
Clicked one this link, was excited! Put in mileage number and last name, link changed to 30K What did I do wrong?
You did nothing wrong. Read the last dozen or so posts.
Old May 6, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: ECExec, SPGTitanium,, UAPlat
Originally Posted by deant
You did nothing wrong. Read the last dozen or so posts.
I have been reading them since April 1. Guess it is targeted or I need to "call" which I never do. Decisions . . . decisions
Old May 6, 2010, 6:35 pm

Pissed I missed this. I tried calling - and the link, both only offered the 30k.
Old May 6, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by deant
Has anyone tried calling the phone number that angel.x.martinez received in the mail and posted in the other thread? Believe the phone number was 800-933-0690 and the offer was valid until June 21st.
I am curious also.
Old May 6, 2010, 7:32 pm
jyj

Programs: United MP 1P
Originally Posted by ILeftMyHeartInTexas
I have been reading them since April 1. Guess it is targeted or I need to "call" which I never do. Decisions . . . decisions
I think you're right and it is targeted. I just tried the link just to see if I would still be offered 50K and I was. Also, received a second snail mailing offering the 50K offer today....and I've already GOT the card...

I would try calling! That's how I got it in the first place before I had anything offered to me.
Old May 6, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA*G
Originally Posted by jyj
I just tried the link just to see if I would still be offered 50K and I was. Also, received a second snail mailing offering the 50K offer today....and I've already GOT the card....
could you please provide the URL link that you are getting after clicking on
APPLY NOW

this should be the chase web link
Old May 6, 2010, 8:23 pm

Got the Card, But Denied the 50K Bonus

I signed up for the 50K card a few weeks ago, but got a letter in the mail today saying that I was ineligible for the offer because I had "taken advantage of this offer or a similar offer in the past". If I recall, I had 2 different UAL cards between 2003-2006 when you were still able to churn them.....not that I was a high volume churner by any means.

I was really hoping I'd be able to get the 50K miles for this card. I think the most miles I ever received as bonus from UAL was 20K. I remember hearing that, in situations such as this, you might be able to get additional miles to make up the difference for the more generous promotion. So, for example, if I received 20K miles with my original promotion, they would give another 30K miles to match this promotion. Has anybody had any luck with that?

Has anybody else not received the miles? Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Old May 7, 2010, 12:39 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by Mr. S
I signed up for the 50K card a few weeks ago, but got a letter in the mail today saying that I was ineligible for the offer because I had "taken advantage of this offer or a similar offer in the past". If I recall, I had 2 different UAL cards between 2003-2006 when you were still able to churn them.....not that I was a high volume churner by any means.

I was really hoping I'd be able to get the 50K miles for this card. I think the most miles I ever received as bonus from UAL was 20K. I remember hearing that, in situations such as this, you might be able to get additional miles to make up the difference for the more generous promotion. So, for example, if I received 20K miles with my original promotion, they would give another 30K miles to match this promotion. Has anybody had any luck with that?

Has anybody else not received the miles? Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Sorry to hear what happened! Since you applied a few weeks ago, have you either already received your new visa credit card or received a congrat email before receiving this rejection letter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.