Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2010, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Jet Yi
Curious as to whether anyone has called after April 30 th and been successful getting the M+ Visa w/50K miles after 1st purchase & 1st year $60 fee waived.
Yes
Old May 2, 2010, 11:52 am

status check link/ # ??
Old May 2, 2010, 12:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Having the T&C read to me right now. 15 minutes on so far, so not so bad.

Interesting wording on whether you will get the bonus sign-up miles: (paraphrase)

"You may not receive miles if you have a previous card in this program or if you have a history of opening accounts purely for promotional purposes."

I think they're on to us.
Old May 2, 2010, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
"You may not receive miles if you have a previous card in this program or if you have a history of opening accounts purely for promotional purposes."

I think they're on to us.

Anyone who didn't see miles b/c of this??
Old May 2, 2010, 1:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Update: dergon_gf just called literally 15 minutes after I completed my registration and was told that the offer has expired.

Edit: Had her call again to try for a different rep....... Offer seems to expired

Last edited by dergon darkhelm; May 2, 2010 at 1:25 pm
Old May 2, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Update: dergon_gf just called literally 15 minutes after I completed my registration and was told that the offer has expired.

Edit: Had her call again to try for a different rep....... Offer seems to expired
Sounds like you got the last ticket.
Old May 2, 2010, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, AA Lifetime Plat, SPG Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United Plat
Originally Posted by vickh
Anyone who didn't see miles b/c of this??
I had the same card three years ago and canceled it just before the annual fee was billed. On the phone with the agent while applying for this card I mentioned my previous card and she said it should be fine.

Card arrived as usual - used it a bunch and then on Friday I got a letter in the mail from Chase stating that after reviewing the records they determined I am not eligible for bonus miles. Not happy, will be calling tomorrow to cancel and will complain (only that I was told I would get them from the agent...I understand that I'm not technically eligible, however)

Last edited by uncguy85; May 2, 2010 at 4:43 pm Reason: clarification
Old May 2, 2010, 8:50 pm

Still Alive May 2 7:00 pm PST

Read on http://frugaltravelguy.blogspot.com/ that deal is still on, so I eagerly called, as I have been kicking myself yesterday after missing the April 30 deadline by some 20 minutes.

The offer is still on as of May 2, 7 pm CST. I verified multiple times that I'm signing up for the 50000 mile bonus after 1st purchase, no minimum, and first year annual fee waived. I got approved and was told to expect the card in 2 weeks. I share others' concern that the rep emphatically said that this is for first-time UA card members and I may not receive the promotional miles if I've had the card before, which I did... I believe I even heard the word "churner."

From the previous couple of posts, might be in trouble here...
Old May 2, 2010, 9:11 pm

I applied and was approved on Friday, before the original cutoff. Mrs nwflyboy did the same a few hours later. We were both approved on the spot. I did hear, among the 10 minutes of terms & conditions narrative, a reference to you may not be eligible for the mileage bonus if you have previously had this card, but it seemed to be the standard language that I heard last time I got this card. It has been a while, though, but I have a long and deep ongoing relationship with Chase (multiple credit cards, checking & saving accounts, they hold the mortgage on my house). I think there's a good chance we'll get the miles, and if not, we'll survive.

I'm thinking maybe now that it's time to sign up for a Continental credit card. Looks like they have 4 different MasterCards. Once the programs are merged, the sign-up bonus for the Continental cards will become MP miles.

I just need to figure out which CO card is best...
Old May 2, 2010, 10:47 pm
Original Member

still good May 2

Did all the steps 2-5 and my application was taken. Thanks everyone and good luck to all of us "late" callers

1) Sign up for a United mileage plus account at https://www.ua2go.com/profile/Join.do if you don't already have one. Husband and wife should sign up for separate mileage plus accounts and separate credit cards to both qualify for the offer.
2) Call United at 1-800-421-4655 and say "Manage my account"
3) Press 0 until you get a customer service rep. Tell them you want to sign up for a Mileage Plus Visa
4) You will be forwarded to a Visa representative. Have them verify the 50,000 mile signup bonus after first purcahse and no annual fee for first year.
5) Endure the agonizing 20 minute disclaimer while you eat pancakes or write a treatise on gender identity in 13th century Zimbabwe.
6) Remember to cancel your card as soon as you get the bonus so you don't get hit with an annual fee.
Old May 3, 2010, 1:09 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by wonderer
5) Endure the agonizing 20 minute disclaimer while you eat pancakes or write a treatise on gender identity in 13th century Zimbabwe.
Painful was right... I didn't realize how long (and slow reading) the agent would be and I had to go to a meeting. Literally I was looking at my watch as the minutes and seconds ticked by. I don't like to be rude but I actually asked the agent how much longer... not much she said, just one last paragraph... that last paragraph took another 4 minutes!
Old May 3, 2010, 2:28 am

6) Remember to cancel your card as soon as you get the bonus so you don't get hit with an annual fee.
NO. You have to keep the card for a while (I've heard 6-9 months).

If you merely harvest the miles an then dump the card immediately, they can and will take the miles back.

Just cancel before the annual fee kicks in.
Old May 3, 2010, 2:39 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
No. Keep for at least 6 months per the card's T&Cs...........

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1 You will qualify and receive your bonus after your first purchase/first use of the card. First purchase/first use includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account, and excludes cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. These miles do not count toward elite status. If your account is not open for at least six months, United and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus miles from your Mileage Plus Program account.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Down to 30K this morning?
Old May 3, 2010, 10:05 am

Yes down to 30K - I just called and I just hang up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.