Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 27, 10, 1:49 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Offer is still available. I also did not get instant approval. However, I did get a Marriott Rewards Visa a month or two ago. They gave me a $22k limit (!) on that one so hopefully they don't give me too much crap about this one... I'll happy take a reduced limit to get this one approved, if it comes to that.
Old Apr 27, 10, 9:16 pm

Programs: AS gold, UA gold
Following advice of others, today, April 27th, I called the MP service center, asked for a representative, and asked to apply for the MP Visa card with 50,000 bonus miles. I was transfered to Chase agent. As others have said, it is a slow process-- I was on the phone for 24 minutes-- but I was approved instantly.
Old Apr 28, 10, 5:48 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Carlson Gold
any reports from the field on the level of spend needed

Anyone see the miles post yet?

Also I'm interested in confirming the level of spend needed on this card. Is it using it once or is $250? I've looked through the thread and can't seem to find a clear answer to this point

Any insight would be really helpful
Old Apr 28, 10, 10:07 am
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by superspudbucket View Post
Also I'm interested in confirming the level of spend needed on this card. Is it using it once or is $250? I've looked through the thread and can't seem to find a clear answer to this pointl
It depends on the offer. One friend, who enrolled via the phone, was told one purchase. The other, who enrolled via an e-mail offer, was told after $250. In both cases, the miles will not post until after the first statement closes.
Old Apr 28, 10, 12:27 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, ICHPlat, MarriottR, SPG Gold
Applied today - no other Chase cards - after first calling and receiving the 'no longer available' message had to go through the wrong zip code business to get to a CSR - transferred to the credit info taking department - then after listening to the 15 minute spiel was told I would hear within two weeks. Based on what's been posted, hopefully that will be in a couple of days.

I'm wondering what causes the discrepancy between the immediately approved and the two week delay approvals??? Any ideas?
Old Apr 28, 10, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by miffSC View Post
Applied today - no other Chase cards - after first calling and receiving the 'no longer available' message had to go through the wrong zip code business to get to a CSR - transferred to the credit info taking department - then after listening to the 15 minute spiel was told I would hear within two weeks. Based on what's been posted, hopefully that will be in a couple of days.

I'm wondering what causes the discrepancy between the immediately approved and the two week delay approvals??? Any ideas?
10 days and counting for me, and as i have stated before, based on my income and credit score, if I am not approved it will make me furious
Old Apr 28, 10, 12:40 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium

Also I'm interested in confirming the level of spend needed on this card. Is it using it once or is $250? I've looked through the thread and can't seem to find a clear answer to this point

Nothing personal against you superspudbucket but there are many who've been concerned about this. Not sure I understand why this is such a big deal. It can't be that hard to just put $250 on it. Seems a lot easier than all this hassle of asking and wondering and hoping and worrying. Order a box of coins and you're done.
Just goes to show how spoiled we've all been when we consider it an actual hardship to actually have to put a few dollars on a credit card in return for a free 50,000 miles.
Old Apr 28, 10, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by brasov02 View Post
Nothing personal against you superspudbucket but there are many who've been concerned about this.
No offense taken. It is mostly idle curiosity about the deal, brought on no doubt by the confusing reports.

eap, thanks for answer, sounds like I was rightly confused.
Old Apr 28, 10, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Silver

There have been at least two different 50K bonus offers, with different terms.

The "open to anyone" offer first discussed here claims to require only a first purchase.

I received, separately, an invitation-only 50k bonus offer which specified a $250 spend. I did not reply to the second offer, since I'd already signed up for the first. I think the existence of the second, $250 spend offer, and possibly other similar offers are what have caused any confusion about the "open to anyone" offer's spending requirement.

I received my card on 4/10 and have used it, and the terms I received state "first purchase" with no $250 requirement. I haven't seen any miles posted to my MP account, yet, nor would I expect to see any, since my first statement period hasn't closed. I'll be sure to post here when the 50k posts to my MP account, but that's probably 5 to 7 weeks out, still.
Old Apr 28, 10, 4:03 pm

Thank you for posting this!

I got approved after waiting, my SSN would not come up in the automated system when I called to check application status, but I ended up with it in the mail. Made my first purchase, waiting for statement close to get those miles.

One weird thing is that the new CC account did not automatically connect to my chase.com account. Any way to fix that?

Also, I signed up for the Netflix 4K bonus, yet instead of ordering the unlimited plan (1DVD at a time for $9), I frugally signed up for the limited one (1DVD at a time and max 2/month for $5). Would this prevent me from getting the miles?

My thanks in advance.
Old Apr 28, 10, 4:17 pm

I just called and 23:39 min later I'm approved and should have my card within 2 weeks. No hassles, other than a lot of noise on the phone from the call center, and, since I couldn't find a phone number for Chase CSR I had to call the MP #, have her look up my MP account # for some reason, then transfer me to the Chase rep.

One issue that I was guaranteed I can resolve once I call to activate the card is that I didn't have my MP account # with me...

Items to have when you call:
--DOB
--SSN
--MP account #

Chase CSR phone number is 1-800-955-9296

50k MP miles are said to post 6-8 weeks after qualifying act, in this case after the first purchase. Interest rates were high, remains to be seen what limit I'll have. I'll certainly be cancelling this card once I see the miles post. Now to just call when I have another 24 min and get my wife signed up too.
Old Apr 28, 10, 4:23 pm

I just called that number, told them i have been waiting since april 18th

(my credit score is 796 and i have a six figure income and zero balance on all cc)

told i might have to wait another 2 weeks

i am very angry, of course...but so what, what do they care
Old Apr 28, 10, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
All right, my Dad's 50k posted with the first statement. On a $9 purchase. Shows up as a first use bonus. My app is still pending. Need to fax Chase proof of address and what not...
Old Apr 28, 10, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Silver
Originally Posted by bez7 View Post
I'll certainly be cancelling this card once I see the miles post. Now to just call when I have another 24 min and get my wife signed up too.
Read your terms - the account must be open and in good standing for 6 months, or they can deduct their miles back.
Old Apr 28, 10, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Circuits View Post
Read your terms - the account must be open and in good standing for 6 months, or they can deduct their miles back.
no reason not to keep it open, having never had a card that had an annual fee before, when it renews you can choose NOT to renew it and NOT pay the fee, i assume...

no reason not to wait for the year to end

Search this Thread
Search Engine: