Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 25, 2010, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eap
The offer applies to the Signature Visa only. At least, that is what I was told on your phone. As with everything United, YMMV.
Thanks eap.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Rec'd an email today that my card had been approved and would be mailed to me. Let's see if I get the bonus points after first use.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 4:53 pm

Wife had a card several years ago. still avail.?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:54 am

Programs: Grounded
Hm, called on Saturday, got the 50k offer, did the whole song and dance, and instead of an instant approval I got told that I would be told of the decision by mail within 2 weeks.

I did the BA card in November, hope I'm still ok on this!
Old Apr 26, 2010, 4:40 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
For those who are on the fence about this offer, it is the best in quite some time. Jump on it.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:38 am

Programs: UA 1K
Just called United Mileage Plus line and received the this offer is no longer being offered playback. I called back and asked for an agent and was approved for the card with the 50K Bonus and the first year fee waived.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:38 am

6 month rule is bogus

I just wanted to share my experience for those of you that are afraid to apply because you have applied for a card in the last 6 months.

I got the British Airways card in December '09.

I got the Continental Card in March '10.

I applied for the United card in early April. Did not get instant approval. Called the number where you talk to a human. She asked why I was opening so many credit cards. I explained that I would be traveling a lot on United and that is why I was applying for the card. She said I would have to close one of my accounts with Chase. I asked if instead she could lower my credit limit on my British Airways card to allow me to get the United card. She said she would attach that request and I would be notified within two weeks.

Today, I got the email informing me that I was approved.

Persistence paid off!

I don't know what the magic formula is but I know from my personal experience that the 6-month thing is not a rule.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1P RCC, COGold, Hotels, Car Rentals +
worked well here...

Hi All,
Received the Signature Visa 50,000 bonus miles offer 4/15 afternoon via email. After browsing the posts on FT over the weekend, I submitted an application via email 4/19 and got an email response saying I would be contacted by (snail) mail. Next came a text alert from my credit monitoring service which turned out to be an inquiry by Chase through Experian. On 4/20 I called the Chase back number (thanks much for the info everyone), put in my SS# and the recording confirmed approval wth a handsome credit line. Card arrived today. Making large purchase tomorrow so I should know about the time frame for 50,000 miles posting in the near future.

k
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life, HH Gold, IHG Platinum. Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, United Silver
Promotion question

If I had a Mileage Plus Visa card before - say two or three years ago (no longer active) would I qualify for this promotion or does a cardholder only qualify once?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Exec, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat Elite
Approval by mail

Originally Posted by MrPink
Hm, called on Saturday, got the 50k offer, did the whole song and dance, and instead of an instant approval I got told that I would be told of the decision by mail within 2 weeks.
I called today, got the same treatment. I'm going to read back on this thread and see if that is a bad sign....
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by Ed ONeill
I called today, got the same treatment. I'm going to read back on this thread and see if that is a bad sign....
I just got that as well. But the 50k mile offer is still available.

Very interesting though - in the initial spiel the Chase agent gives you, they said something to the effect of, "you may be denied this card if you have a history of using Chase cards for the introductory offers.....".
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
My son got a mailer today inviting him to apply and get 50k miles.

UA still hasn't figured out that he's only 5 even though I've asked them to stop sending him this stuff because of his age.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:22 am

Programs: 1K UA
Elite bonus with this 50K RDM offer?

I applied and was approved for this card last weekend. I forgot to ask though if I receive bonus EQM or EQS with this card. Does anybody know if this 50K promotion card also offers any elite bonus? (A 1K-buddy of mine has a UA MP chase card that gives him 5,000EQM and 5EQS every year to start the year off, so that's why I'm wondering.)
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:32 am

Programs: UA Gold
Offer is disappearing...

I just tried calling the MP service center and chose the "apply for MP VISA card" option, but got a recording saying the offer was no longer available by phone.

I then called a reservations agent, told him that I had made a reservation last week (which is true) and had been given the offer, and asked if I could still get it. He looked up my reservation, and then connected my to a Chase rep, and I was then able to apply. I was approved instantly (I have a high credit score).

DanK
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Just applied. Two week response reply from the clerk. Excellent credit, however did have a Chase United card about 3 or 4 years ago

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.