Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 23, 10, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MRTHNMAN View Post
I got my card already , made my first charge & I really want to get the miles ASAP , has anyone tried changing theri statement date so that it will cycle right away so the miles would post sooner ?
I called and had it changed to this coming Sunday. Now we'll see when the statement closes and if the miles post.
Old Apr 23, 10, 6:08 pm

Programs: exUA, WN
How to do this....

My wife's going to come up about 1k EQM's short of 2P this year. The concept of MR isn't sinking in, and the "girls weekend" where ever a *A carrier flys thats 500 miles from home got me a look.

Ignoring how confused about that not working I am...

Anybody managed to get the 50K and a Select card? I'm ready to sign her up for one and pay the $95 since we've got about 1K in tickets I still need to buy which would put her over the top. I'd pay the $95 annual fee, but I'm greedy enough to want the full 50K miles rather than just the 30 they're offering.

Or can she get the 50K now and then "upgrade" the card?
Old Apr 23, 10, 8:48 pm

Programs: United/CO, AAdvantage, Hilton Diamond , Delta Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott & PC Plat
approved

cancelled Sapphire card with 28K limit a week ago, with plans to apply for this offer. called in tonight and got instant phone approval. 50,000 miles seems like a good deal to me. upcoming flight BOS to SFO in a few weeks and had a few thousand miles already in the account, so up to 60,000 miles pretty quickly.

flying BOS to Sweden & Germany in the fall, maybe a chance to pickup some more United miles ..............

Thanks FlyerTalk !
Old Apr 24, 10, 1:00 am

I just got this offer in the mail, and it says this offer expires June 7. However, I've had the signature card previously (now cancelled) and I'm now using the platinum card. Will wait to see if anyone who previously had the signature card and gotten the bonus miles before applying, I still have time before June 7.
Old Apr 24, 10, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by psychoidiot View Post
Well, after a colossal mistake on my part for being my work address down(okay sue me I'm somewhat new at this), and having not any utilities bills, denied. Apparently letters isn't sufficient enough evidence. Bleh. Of course before this the fraud department is like oh sure just resumbit with your home address I'll write here that you're reapplying with home address. That was absolute fail because the application department tells me that the previous one is still active that's why the new one failed. Oh 50,000 miles you just weren't meant to be.

Oh well. Was wondering how I would juggle two cards anyway.
Just call the back door number at Chase. They will ask you some questions from your history and then lift the fraud alert. This is what I did and I got the card.
Old Apr 24, 10, 2:30 pm

OK - so after a bunch of work, I got a card.

My wife called and heard the "no more" message. She'll try again when I get the call connected.

My kids, on the other hand, both got offers in the mail. This is because I never did the "opt-out" for them, and I did for us.

So, I'm very surprised to say, I've now "opted-in" for myself and my wife. Let the credit card come-ons roll! I wonder what else I've been missing out on.
Old Apr 24, 10, 2:40 pm

I'ts not just "over the phone" any longer. Today we received regular mail from Chase with the same offer. 50K, $ 60.00 annual fee, first year free. What I cannot figure out why a couple of months ago, I had to pay $ 130.00 sort of up front for the card. On top of it, another MP member gets all my miles, since the account number is wrong and it takes Chase over 6 weeks now to make the change
Old Apr 24, 10, 4:29 pm

Smile

So I have a CURRENT United Mileage Plus Visa Signature card which I have had for a couple of years. I decided to call the application line a couple of weeks ago, just to confirm that I would NOT be eligible for a second card with bonus miles...

The guy said "Sure you can apply for a second card and get the bonus miles..."

I applied, no instant decision and no emails to date, but logging on to my Chase account I do see that there is now a new account created with a new cc # - looks like they did reduce the credit line on my first card to accomodate, but that's ok...

Have not yet received the card, and no idea whether I will actually get the 50K bonus miles, but will keep my fingers crossed...

Originally Posted by heta View Post
It seems like many of you got approved for this 50K bonus card while owning MP visa card in the past. There are a few types of MP Visa cards like Signature, Select, Access and Club. This 50k bonus is the Signature.

Have you been able to get the sign up bonus mile for each type of card?

The pricing & terms says:
If applicable, Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer or have received a similar bonus offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program, or for any bonus offer.

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 10, 5:36 pm

On the very day that my 50,000 bonus miles posted from my new MP Visa (approved immediately on the phone), the letter came for my soon-to-be college graduate son with a denial. This on the grounds that he does not have enough Visa cards.

Hmmmm......who else in my family needs a new card????? Daddy wants a trip to HI.
Old Apr 24, 10, 5:41 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Did you have MP visa before?
Originally Posted by msk6261 View Post
On the very day that my 50,000 bonus miles posted from my new MP Visa (approved immediately on the phone), the letter came for my soon-to-be college graduate son with a denial.
Old Apr 24, 10, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by leonard016 View Post
Did you have MP visa before?
Canceled it years ago when it was still run by First USA bank. We went in favor of a generic points program which has been working well for us but this is a great incentive to come back to MP Visa.

My son is a student and just establishing his own credit rating. Don't think that will happen before the end of 4/10.
Old Apr 25, 10, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Southwest A-List+ due to work. Paid F or Biz for pleasure so not a mileage junkie
Apologies if this has been covered somewhere in this long thread, but is this deal just for the MP Signature Visa (which it seems to be based on the US$60 annual fee being discussed), or does it also include the Club Visa?

It seems the Club Visa would be a better match for me because of the RCC membership which comes with that, and which I really want. I was going to apply for the Club Visa online and get the advertised 30K miles. But I will call and try to do it over the phone if it will mean 50K miles instead of 30K if this 50K deal also extends to Club Visas.

As a side note, is there something I am missing about the Club vs. the Signature Visa? It seems like the Club Visa is a better deal if you want the RCC membership, but I just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 10, 11:38 am

after a week mine is still pending

if you knew my income, credit score and what i owe on all credit you would be insulted as i am and that is what i told chase when i just called

they said i will need to wait at least another week to hear in writing if i am approved...wow

i did apply on a sunday and i checked and they didnt run my credit till the next day, but still.
Old Apr 25, 10, 11:40 am
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Bear96 View Post
Apologies if this has been covered somewhere in this long thread, but is this deal just for the MP Signature Visa (which it seems to be based on the US$60 annual fee being discussed), or does it also include the Club Visa?
The offer applies to the Signature Visa only. At least, that is what I was told on your phone. As with everything United, YMMV.
Old Apr 25, 10, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT View Post
I'ts not just "over the phone" any longer. Today we received regular mail from Chase with the same offer. 50K, $ 60.00 annual fee, first year free. What I cannot figure out why a couple of months ago, I had to pay $ 130.00 sort of up front for the card. On top of it, another MP member gets all my miles, since the account number is wrong and it takes Chase over 6 weeks now to make the change

How else can you receive the 50K Bonus. I called today and got the message that the promo was no longer running. Can't find anything on United's or Chases website mentioning the 50K bonus only the 30 K. Any advice?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: