Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 22, 10, 4:45 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs View Post
Your confirmation email should say 2miles/$UA. I called in to verify, and CS confirmed (even though stated terms of the card don't mention it). Anybody else get the 2miles/$UA in confirmation email?
No there was no mention of this in the e-mail I got.
Old Apr 22, 10, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean View Post
No there was no mention of this in the e-mail I got.
Actually, it does mention 2/$ with United in the fine print at the bottom of the email I got:

"You will earn 2 miles for each $1 of eligible net purchases made directly from United and 1 mile for each $1 of all other net purchases. Double miles for United purchases only apply to purchases made directly from United (including but not limited to www.united.com, United Reservations, or United City Ticket Offices). United flights purchased through a travel agent or travel website do not apply, unless otherwise specified."
Old Apr 22, 10, 6:02 pm
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I never even got an email!

But I did get the card.

Bruce
Old Apr 22, 10, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG-G
Success

Called 1800-421-4655, did the MP#, wrong zip, spoke to the agent and asked for MP Visa, she said it was 50k and no fee.

Transferred to Chase (India) and 20 minutes later, approved instantly.

ETA 2wks. No info on credit limits, etc ... not worried as I'll be using my SPG card for most everything anyways, but I'll get rid of my BOA Visa for this one.

time to give it a shot w/ the future Mrs. JimRHIT tonight

Thanks FT!
Jim
Old Apr 22, 10, 7:56 pm
DrG

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold, PC Plt Amb
I called and followed the instructions outlined previously in post #237. Was not approved instantly and was told I would hear back in 2 weeks via mail.

I found it interesting that the last part of the terms said you'd be ineligible for the promo if you have had the MP card in the past, or had a history of using credit cards with chase solely for the opening mileage bonus.
Old Apr 22, 10, 8:02 pm

Well, after a colossal mistake on my part for being my work address down(okay sue me I'm somewhat new at this), and having not any utilities bills, denied. Apparently letters isn't sufficient enough evidence. Bleh. Of course before this the fraud department is like oh sure just resumbit with your home address I'll write here that you're reapplying with home address. That was absolute fail because the application department tells me that the previous one is still active that's why the new one failed. Oh 50,000 miles you just weren't meant to be.

Oh well. Was wondering how I would juggle two cards anyway.
Old Apr 22, 10, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by bdschobel View Post
I never even got an email!

But I did get the card.

Bruce
I got two different emails, a few days apart. Perhaps one was yours Basically they both said the same thing:

Your United Mileage Plus Visa is on its way!

Hello, and welcome to the United Mileage Plus® Visa Signature® Card — a great way to earn rewards. Thanks for choosing the United Mileage Plus Visa Signature Card. We're happy to have you as a new cardmember. You will be receiving your card shortly. Be sure to use it right away and start earning rewards for doing what you usually do — travelling and making everyday purchases. This card is your doorway to getting so many great rewards. Start using it today. And thanks again for joining us.

• Earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase1

• 1 mile for every $1 in purchases - including groceries, gas at the pump, dining and more2

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1 You will qualify and receive your bonus after your first purchase/first use of the card. First purchase/first use includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account, and excludes cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. These miles do not count toward elite status. If your account is not open for at least six months, United and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus miles from your Mileage Plus Program account.

2 You will earn 2 miles for each $1 of eligible net purchases made directly from United and 1 mile for each $1 of all other net purchases. Double miles for United purchases only apply to purchases made directly from United (including but not limited to www.united.com, United Reservations, or United City Ticket Offices). United flights purchased through a travel agent or travel website do not apply, unless otherwise specified. There is no maximum number of miles that you can accumulate in the program. You do not earn miles on balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations for details.

SECOND EMAIL:

Welcome United Mileage Plus Visa Signature Cardmember

Welcome to a faster way to get rewards. Just by doing what you usually do — traveling and making everyday purchases. Welcome to the United Mileage Plus® Visa Signature® Card. If you don't already have your card, you'll get it soon. What's the key to getting rewards faster? Just start using your card. You'll automatically earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase1 — that's enough for a roundtrip Saver Award ticket to practically anywhere in the U.S.2 The sooner you start using your card, the sooner you'll reap the benefits.

• Earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase1

• 1 mile for every $1 in purchases — including groceries, gas at the pump, dining and more3

• Learn how quickly your rewards can add up by trying our United Rewards Calculator

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1 You will qualify and receive your bonus after your first purchase/first use of the card. First purchase/first use includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account, and excludes cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. These miles do not count toward elite status. If your account is not open for at least six months, United and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus miles from your Mileage Plus Program account.

2 United Saver Awards are currently redeemable at 25,000 miles for an Economy Saver Award valid within the 48 contiguous United States (excludes Alaska and Hawaii) and Canada. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. For more information on Mileage Plus award travel visit united.com.

3 You will earn 2 miles for each $1 of eligible net purchases made directly from United and 1 mile for each $1 of all other net purchases. Double miles for United purchases only apply to purchases made directly from United (including but not limited to www.united.com, United Reservations, or United City Ticket Offices). United flights purchased through a travel agent or travel website do not apply, unless otherwise specified. There is no maximum number of miles that you can accumulate in the program. You do not earn miles on balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations for details.
Old Apr 22, 10, 9:46 pm
jyj

Programs: United MP 1P
Originally Posted by mileshound View Post
With the mailings, is there an online application option? Family members want to apply but will not spend the time on the phone to get it done.
Sorry, maybe they weren't so "mass".

It says to go to getmyunitedcard.com - at which point I'm directed to input an invitation code, my zip, and my last name. It then brings up my name and a pre-populated application form.
Old Apr 22, 10, 10:58 pm

Programs: onepass
i got a card even though i have a continental chase card. then my wife called and got her a card. both of us were approved on the spot even though my wife only works part time.

we are not normally united flyers but her family lives 2 hours west of chicago and we live 60 miles east of birmingham alabama. to fly to see her family is to go around the country, but with united we fly directly to ohare. so we know how we'll use the mileage.
Old Apr 23, 10, 12:49 am

Even though I got the card itself a week ago and already made a purchase, I just today got the email welcoming me and explaining the benefits. YMMV.
Old Apr 23, 10, 8:49 am

Well, I'm back. After an initial denied verdict, I called Chase back twice at the phone number located at the bottom of my deny letter. First, no success. But a couple days later success!
I just had to politely make my point that since I have had a Chase credit card for ten years, no late payment ever, and it's been sitting with $0 balance with a $14,000 credit limit, it was just nonsense that I'd get denied for the MP Visa card for the reason that the $500.00 credit limit on this new card would be too high for my income Don't they think that if I really wanted to abuse my Chase cards and be irresponsible with my spending, I could do that with my 14K limit card??
I think the problem was that I opened an Amazon Chase Visa card about 6 weeks ago (who knew back then that this great offer would come along).
Anyway, I told them to lower or even cancel the old Chase card. So that's what they did, lowered that to 6K limit and gave me the MP Visa with 4K limit. Perfect.

Now here is my question. This CSR, similarly to the other CSR a couple days ago, did not have info on the 50K bonus miles since it was just kind of an appeal phone number that I called. But they assured me that this is still the same original application that I applied for on April 9th (and that is of course the MP Visa card with the 50K limit, I was assured the 50K at least 5 times during that original phone application process on April 9th).
So I assume since this is the same original application, then I'd get the 50K miles with no problem.
The card now does show up on my online Chase account site.
I'm crossing my fingers but I'm confident there won't be any problem hopefully with my bonus miles.

Last edited by gabebalazs; Apr 23, 10 at 9:35 am
Old Apr 23, 10, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL,CO,SWA
I just called and got instantly approved. As with what everyone said, get stuff in 2 weeks. No fee first year, plus no minimum purchase, just a first purchase. Since I'm sitting at 9,925 miles I put $75 through purchases on there and have 60,000 miles.

Probably should get that up to 64,000 in case United has some sort of 20% off mileage reward tickets to Hawaii....

Anyone know if I can apply for the Continental card also in a month or so?
Old Apr 23, 10, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
It's been two weeks for me, but still no card, no letter, nor an email.
Old Apr 23, 10, 1:42 pm

Applying for other types of MP visa card

It seems like many of you got approved for this 50K bonus card while owning MP visa card in the past. There are a few types of MP Visa cards like Signature, Select, Access and Club. This 50k bonus is the Signature.

Have you been able to get the sign up bonus mile for each type of card?

The pricing & terms says:
If applicable, Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer or have received a similar bonus offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program, or for any bonus offer.

Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 10, 3:59 pm

I got my card already , made my first charge & I really want to get the miles ASAP , has anyone tried changing theri statement date so that it will cycle right away so the miles would post sooner ?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: