Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:59 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Follow-up on my SLOW application process for this card.

I applied over the phone on April 7. No instant approval (despite 780+ credit score, income, low balances on 2 existing cards, etc.). Called the status update line last week, and a (rude) human told me the application was "pending" and would give no further information. Called again today, and an automated voice told me the card was approved and on its way. I then pressed "0" to talk to a human to see about getting the T&C email sent to me, as this was NEVER done. She was polite, and concerned that the T&Cs had not been sent, but didn't have anyone at "internet support" available to see if they had my email address. So I will now have to call a 3rd time to get the T&Cs sent to me.

Can't believe how lame this process has been. Chase could basically change the T&Cs of the card to whatever they want while I wait, and I'd have no recourse because nothing was ever put in writing.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by beachmiles
My first statement just closed , and my 56 miles showed up on my United account. I bought a tank of gas the day the card arrived.
I hope I don't have to hold my breath for 6 to 8 weeks to see the 50,000.
Has anyone seen the 50,000 miles post to your account yet?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by skitten
So I got the regular junkmail mailing today offering me the signature card, $60 fee waived for first year and 50k bonus miles...

...less than a week after receiving my card from the 30k offer. I haven't even used the 30k card yet so I thought I'd try and see if I can get the 50k bonus. The number on the application eventually told me to call the customer service number for the card I have. They said 'computers are updating, call back tomorrow', so we'll see.

The letter references offer code BFV if that helps anyone.
Did it give you a web address or only a phone number to call?

Good luck getting them to bump up your bonus.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:08 pm

How large of credit line received?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by best
Will likely depend on your income and score. I had a high limit card and they gave me another 8k. Not that I needed it.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: United, AA Gold, InsideFlyer subscriber
Applied for the card by telephone about 2-3 weeks ago after reading about it here on FT. Gave my information then was on hold for a minute and then was automatically approved. Card arrived about 5 days ago.

Originally Posted by best
15K on this end. My only issue is that the card only earns 1 miles per $ dollar spent on United purchases. I wonder if I can sign up for the other card that gives 3 miles per $ dollar spent with United. Don't plan to use either card much beyond the utility of the promo miles and then the bonus miles for buying plane tix with the card.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 21, 2010 at 10:14 pm Reason: multi-qoute
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
Originally Posted by midnightio
15K on this end. My only issue is that the card only earns 1 miles per $ dollar spent on United purchases. I wonder if I can sign up for the other card that gives 3 miles per $ dollar spent with United. Don't plan to use either card much beyond the utility of the promo miles and then the bonus miles for buying plane tix with the card.
Your confirmation email should say 2miles/$UA. I called in to verify, and CS confirmed (even though stated terms of the card don't mention it). Anybody else get the 2miles/$UA in confirmation email?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I never got any confirmation email, but I called and asked specifically about this. I was told that my card earns just 1 mile per dollar spent with United. That's unfortunate.

Bruce
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:22 am

It took some time to get approved. Got the we will let you know message for a while. It turned out I was flagged by the fraud dept. so provided over the phone some answers from my dark past. A day later I got the message that I was approved, next day it was on the Chase site and a few days later got the email.

I also got the BA card last year.

BTW, the terms include a sentence about abuse (using the card just to get the bonus).
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:38 am
jyj

Programs: United MP 1P
Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs
Your confirmation email should say 2miles/$UA. I called in to verify, and CS confirmed (even though stated terms of the card don't mention it). Anybody else get the 2miles/$UA in confirmation email?
From my confirmation e-mail (bolding mine):

"TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

2 You will earn 2 miles for each $1 of eligible net purchases made directly from United and 1 mile for each $1 of all other net purchases. Double miles for United purchases only apply to purchases made directly from United (including but not limited to www.united.com, United Reservations, or United City Ticket Offices). United flights purchased through a travel agent or travel website do not apply, unless otherwise specified. There is no maximum number of miles that you can accumulate in the program. You do not earn miles on balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations for details."
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1P
With the platinum signature visa, can anyone think of a reason not to move spending to SGP amex once one has spent $35K and another $5K at united.com to get the 10K EQMs?
Seems to me after that the only benefit is accumulating miles on united specifically.... and who cares about that when you can transfer miles with 25% bonus from SPG to other *A members (or others) that have better redemption charts and no starnet blocking?
Am I missing something?
Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: UA- 1P
Originally Posted by XX38
With the platinum signature visa, can anyone think of a reason not to move spending to SGP amex once one has spent $35K and another $5K at united.com to get the 10K EQMs?
Seems to me after that the only benefit is accumulating miles on united specifically.... and who cares about that when you can transfer miles with 25% bonus from SPG to other *A members (or others) that have better redemption charts and no starnet blocking?
Am I missing something?
Thanks
I believe you are correct
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I received my card today, April 22 -- applied on April 16 (post # 402). When I called in to activate, CSR confirmed that I will receive 50,000 miles with my first purchase.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:31 pm
jyj

Programs: United MP 1P
I received my card last saturday (after applying on tuesday). Yesterday in the mail I received two mass market mailings - one for a 30K offer and one for a 50K offer.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by jyj
I received my card last saturday (after applying on tuesday). Yesterday in the mail I received two mass market mailings - one for a 30K offer and one for a 50K offer.
With the mailings, is there an online application option? Family members want to apply but will not spend the time on the phone to get it done.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.