Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 19, 10, 10:52 pm

Programs: onepass
i called and got a recording that they had quit taking appications on the phone.

is there a new number besided 1-800-421-4655 ??
Old Apr 19, 10, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
When you call the MP # and get automatically sent to Visa call center, you get a message that they are no longer taking applications for this offer.... SO you have to speak with a human at MP first and have them transfer you to the Chase MP Visa call center.
Old Apr 20, 10, 11:28 am

Is the promo still live as of today? I have a friend that wants to apply
Old Apr 20, 10, 11:59 am

Well, the card has shown up on chase.com for me, but still waiting for the card itself. I've definitely received a bonus in the past, so I'll make a purchase with fingers crossed and let you all know what happens.
Old Apr 20, 10, 12:03 pm

Deal is still on. The rep says it will last through the end of April (not sure how accurate that is).
Old Apr 20, 10, 2:55 pm

Thumbs up Success

Just applied by calling 800-421-4655, choosing "Manage My Account," entering my MP# and a (wrong) zipcode. When I said I was calling to apply for the MP Visa, I was transferred to chase and the rep immediately mentioned that they have a "special limited time offer" of 50k miles with 1st year fee waived.

I asked specifically if there was a minimum purchase requirement, and he said no - that even a cup of coffee would qualify me for the bonus miles, but that they may take 8-12 weeks to post. I got instant approval for the card, which he said would arrive within two weeks, but no info on my credit limit. I have no cards currently through Chase, but I've had MP Visa (and business MP Visa) cards way back in the FirstUSA/BankOne days.

Total time: 17 mins 53 seconds. The hardest part was waiting while he slowly read through all the disclosures.
Old Apr 20, 10, 3:04 pm

Has anyone tried getting the referral bonus too when signing up a spouse or a friend? Don't know if they let you do this with a phone application.

edit: Just called, and they say no referral bonus with this offer.

Last edited by frankiwa; Apr 20, 10 at 3:32 pm Reason: answering my own question
Old Apr 20, 10, 4:45 pm

Programs: Sunoco Gas Card
Just got it. The trick is to get to and then tell a UA MP customer service person you are calling to apply for the special 50k offer (the first time I called they transferred me to regular Chase customer service based in the US, and the guy was clearly exasperated at receiving these requests, he said the offer is over and UA doesn't realize it). The UA person should transfer you to a special Chase app line staffed out of India, and you then run through the app process. Also, the UA MP rep i spoke with said in a very nice way "sorry but you aren't eligible because you have a Chase card already, but I will transfer you anyway". Once I was on the line with India - done deal.
Old Apr 20, 10, 6:06 pm

Just applied as well over the phone. I first went to the automated voice prompt to apply and was told it was no longer taking applications over the phone, but after calling back, i spoke directly to a customer service rep and was transferred to a chase rep. Confirmed it was for 50k miles and only had to make one purchase. Total phone call took 20 minutes. Was instantly approved as well.
Old Apr 20, 10, 7:34 pm
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by bdschobel View Post
Same here, but no email acknowledging approval yet, no physical card and no recognition on united.com. Strange.
Got the card today (but still no email!). United.com seems to know that I have a card. And it was automatically registered for Mileage Plus Dining.

Immediately after calling to activate my new card, I went and bought a tank of gas with it. Now I'm just waiting for the 50,000 miles (which the activation lady acknowledged).

Bruce
Old Apr 20, 10, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Was just instantly approved for the card! Thanks all! ^
Old Apr 20, 10, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
I applied for this card over the phone on April 7 and am STILL waiting for any word on it. The hard pull on my credit rating happened on April 7, too. Is anyone else in the same boat? Chase is completely unhelpful when I call to ask about the status. Apparently, no one is allowed to do anything other than read out loud "application pending" when they look into the matter.
Old Apr 20, 10, 10:56 pm

So I got the regular junkmail mailing today offering me the signature card, $60 fee waived for first year and 50k bonus miles...

...less than a week after receiving my card from the 30k offer. I haven't even used the 30k card yet so I thought I'd try and see if I can get the 50k bonus. The number on the application eventually told me to call the customer service number for the card I have. They said 'computers are updating, call back tomorrow', so we'll see.

The letter references offer code BFV if that helps anyone.
Old Apr 21, 10, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4 View Post
Was just instantly approved for the card! Thanks all! ^
curious...i have credit rating of 796, big income, zero balance on all credit cards, and wasnt approved instantly

maybe cuz it was on a weekend and the guy said he wasnt going to pull the credit but that they would do that later...

weird

just looked at protectmyid.com where i pay to keep status of my stuff and the report was ordered monday, so that part was true
Old Apr 21, 10, 10:14 am

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum
i have had a MP visa for years, had the annual fee refunded, and applied 2 weeks ago for the card

i received this today

Your United Mileage Plus Visa is on its way

Earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase1

1 mile for every $1 in purchases - including groceries, gas at the pump, dining and more2

Search this Thread
Search Engine: