Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
I still haven't received a decision on my application even after applying over a week ago. Does anyone know how to get Chase to make a decision quickly?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL Silver, DL Million Miler
Thanks for the heads-up on this. I'm not a United guy but, what the heck! I called United, got a Mileage Plus number. I then went online to get the card and found the 1st year is $60 and the mileage is 30K. I then phoned United, got a rep, transferred to Chase, took app on the phone. He verified 1st year fee of $60 is waived, mileage is 50K.

I'm waiting for the mail to arrive to see if it works. This is fun!
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:26 pm

It's been 11 days and my app is still going through some godforsaken "security review" despite having a BA Visa with Chase. The credit bankers on the back door number can't help me until this security review is finished which could take up to 30 days.

I had similar issues getting my BA card. In the end, it was worth it for the 100k miles, but Chase is a b**** to deal with.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
I had a UA card about 5 years ago but cancelled it. Is there any sort of period after which one will again become eligible for miles as a new cardholder? I am actually flying UA again, but the potential fee and lack of sign-up bonus is keeping me away.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
Originally Posted by amartin1979
I still haven't received a decision on my application even after applying over a week ago. Does anyone know how to get Chase to make a decision quickly?
They might be in the process of sending you a letter requesting additional documentation of SSN, DOB and address. Happened to me.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by IADtoWhere
They might be in the process of sending you a letter requesting additional documentation of SSN, DOB and address. Happened to me.
In my experience, when that is the case, the backdoor guys will tell you and let you fax in the docs before the letter gets to you.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA/UA
Talking

I called on Friday the 16th and it took about 20 minutes.. was approved despite having a United Chase Business card (but I never told them that shh) and was auto approved.. I confirmed that it was the 50K mileage bonus.. and that it was FIRST purchase despite the amount.. first year fee waived YAY ^

Since it is free the first year i'll keep it and just pray/hope I get the bnous miles despite having another card already..
Old Apr 19, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Keep card open at least 6 months

Be careful on this one - card must be open for at least 6 months or you may lose the miles.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 5:24 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Statement Closed

My first statement just closed , and my 56 miles showed up on my United account. I bought a tank of gas the day the card arrived.
I hope I don't have to hold my breath for 6 to 8 weeks to see the 50,000.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 5:28 pm

i called yesterday, sunday

i have almost no miles in my ua account and was told my credit wouldnt be run at that moment nor would i be approved for up to two weeks

i have an extremely high credit score and rather high income, and assumed they would run my credit right then but didnt
Old Apr 19, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: HH Gold
so what is the number I should be calling? Can I get directly through to Chase somehow?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by beachmiles
My first statement just closed , and my 56 miles showed up on my United account. I bought a tank of gas the day the card arrived.
I hope I don't have to hold my breath for 6 to 8 weeks to see the 50,000.
That's strange. I wonder if you got the "spend $250 to get your 50,000 or earn 50,000 miles after the first transaction". I think there are two floating around. Having had a United card before (a different flavor from the one I applied for) for a few years and the BA card, I can tell you that Chase is super timely when it comes to bonus miles posting after the first statement positing (unless you didn't meet all their requirements).

Have you had a United card before? You could always write an email via secure message to see why the bonus hasn't posted. Good luck!
Old Apr 19, 2010, 8:46 pm

Anyone has to close BA card to get this one?

Hubby is considering canceling his BA card to get the United one. His United application got reject the 1st round and the rep told him he can get approved if he cancels his BA card, not just reducing BA credit limit. I'm concerned he might lose his 100k BA miles (I can't find the t&c on how long he needs to keep the card in his BA card mailing). Has anyone else canceled their BA card to get the United card? If so, did Chase take away the BA miles?

ps. For those of you who have the BA card and still waiting for approval for the United card. There is hope. I have both of them now
Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by tuscanyx
Hubby is considering canceling his BA card to get the United one. His United application got reject the 1st round and the rep told him he can get approved if he cancels his BA card, not just reducing BA credit limit. I'm concerned he might lose his 100k BA miles (I can't find the t&c on how long he needs to keep the card in his BA card mailing). Has anyone else canceled their BA card to get the United card? If so, did Chase take away the BA miles?)
I think a couple of posters up thread had closed their cards. I did as well. I had read all the T&C of the BA card and didn't see any language that the account must be kept open for 6 months. But, I don't think anyone knows for sure whether Chase would take away the BA miles at this stage.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
I haven't seen the 6 month wording anywhere on the BA card but this is from the new United 50,000 card....

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1 You will qualify and receive your bonus after your first purchase/first use of the card. First purchase/first use includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account, and excludes cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. These miles do not count toward elite status. If your account is not open for at least six months, United and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus miles from your Mileage Plus Program account.

The Chase Marriott also had the 6 month wording the last time I got one of those...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.