Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 16, 10, 7:28 pm

Hubby applied for the card less than a week ago and the card arrived yesterday. Prior to hanging up, the rep mentioned that he was approved. Two days after applying, he got an email confirmation with the terms of the 50,000 bonus miles. Very smooth transaction in this case.
Old Apr 16, 10, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by airshadow View Post
Too funny! I'm glad it was ok. I will admit that by following your "adventure" it made me realize just how important it is to be sure everything is legit. Sometimes we all have a tendency to jump right in on these opportunities but one can never be too careful. That's what I love about FT - it's proven to be a solid vetting community.

I'm sure you'll remember "Princess" for quite a while! I know you are relieved.
Well, i found out why it never showed up in the system the first time. Princess typed in the wrong social security number and misspelled my last name (both off by 1 digit and letter). Yet somehow i got the card in the mail with an $8000 credit limit. That is scary. I applied for this card under a nonexistent social security number and an incorrect last name and the card was mailed to me today and i already put $1200 spend on it today before i found out all the mistakes associated with the card. How is this possible? I called Chase to correct my social and name and link it to my Chase account where my other Chase card is stored online. I don't think i'll be applying over the phone anymore. Coincidentally, I got denied under my real social security number when i applied the second time. I guess the fictitious me has better credit than the real me.

Last edited by frankiwa; Apr 17, 10 at 12:08 am
Old Apr 17, 10, 7:01 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, UA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Talk about a quick turn around time on points. I paid my first bill yesterday, checked my account today:

Apr 15, 2010 CHASE CREDIT CARD 50,000 0 0 50,000

I got my 50,000 points already into my united account.

-Kevin
Old Apr 17, 10, 10:11 am

Programs: AA, UA, US, SPG, OZ Infant Science Training Course, BEST Upper Deck, Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by kevin80 View Post
Talk about a quick turn around time on points. I paid my first bill yesterday, checked my account today:

Apr 15, 2010 CHASE CREDIT CARD 50,000 0 0 50,000

I got my 50,000 points already into my united account.

-Kevin
wow, that's fast - when did you apply for the card?
Old Apr 17, 10, 10:35 am

Programs: AA, BA, SIA, UA, CO
I already have the BA card from chase. Would that give me a higher chance of getting approved if I cancel my BA card and apply again since the reason for declination says too many request for credit or opened accounts with Chase?
Old Apr 17, 10, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean View Post
wow, that's fast - when did you apply for the card?
I applied 2 weeks ago on a Tuesday. Got my card on Friday when i got home for the week. I assume after your first bill is paid, that is when the miles are given.

-Kevin
Old Apr 17, 10, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
I applied 2 weeks ago on a Tuesday. Got my card on Friday when i got home for the week. I assume after your first bill is paid, that is when the miles are given.

-Kevin
Did you spend more than $250 or was the bonus on a first purchase? I thought the statement takes at least a month to close? Did you pre-pay?
Old Apr 17, 10, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by abcx View Post
Did you spend more than $250 or was the bonus on a first purchase? I thought the statement takes at least a month to close? Did you pre-pay?
When i activated my card, they asked me when i wanted to pay my bill every month, and i had them set my statement ending date to be the 13th. The promotion says earn the miles after your first purchase. My statement was for 188.

-Kevin
Old Apr 17, 10, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US, SPG, OZ Infant Science Training Course, BEST Upper Deck, Support the Tyrants Travel Club
When i activated my card, they asked me when i wanted to pay my bill every month, and i had them set my statement ending date to be the 13th. The promotion says earn the miles after your first purchase. My statement was for 188.

-Kevin
ah, that's nice of them. ^ My previous experience with the BA card, they were just trying to sell me a card protection service and never mentioned this.
Old Apr 17, 10, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Told my friend about it yesterday and said the key is to talk to a live person. He kept hitting "0" on the prompts, got an agent and signed up with no problem.

I would love to get in on it but I already have two UA Visa cards.
Old Apr 17, 10, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by honmani2 View Post

I would love to get in on it but I already have two UA Visa cards.
So? I had three & finally got approved. Had to cancel one card though. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13783352-post392.html Go for it.
Old Apr 18, 10, 12:10 am

Programs: CO Platinum, UA 1K
Originally Posted by honeysunny View Post
+1
I was told it was approved but system says it is being processed.
Will wait and see. Will post any updates.
The system says it is being processed. However, I received an email saying that it is approved. When I logged into chase.com, I could see the approved account.
Old Apr 18, 10, 8:06 am
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by honeysunny View Post
When I logged into chase.com, I could see the approved account.
Same here, but no email acknowledging approval yet, no physical card and no recognition on united.com. Strange.

Bruce
Old Apr 18, 10, 9:06 am
BAK

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bdschobel View Post
Same here, but no email acknowledging approval yet, no physical card and no recognition on united.com. Strange.

Bruce
Same here as well: after they finally approved me, I can see the new card on chase.com, but I did not get any welcome email. My BA still stays open with only a $300 credit line. I might still use it to top off my BA account where need about 370 miles to reach 50000.
Old Apr 18, 10, 9:53 am

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but with these annual fee cards, do most people get the card, use it, get the miles, then cancel the card a year later when the fee is due?

does that effect anything, couldnt if you have the miles already, what if you have the miles but havent used them, they dont take them away do they?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: