Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 16, 10, 7:39 am

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Originally Posted by biggestbopper View Post
I got the email invite today.

But, I note the app says don't apply if you have been turned down by Chase in the last six months.

And, I got burned on the the BA 100K deal in Dec. 2009.

Am I going to get burned again if I apply for the 50K offer? Can't wait until after the six months runs because the offer purportedly expires on May 15, 2010.

Before I call up Chase and beg for the card (or, at least politely ask if I can get it even if turned down by Chase four months ago) though I would ask for some guidance from other FTers.

Thanks for you input.

By the way, my credit score is excellent--and, I just got my new Schwab card in the mail today.
I got denied despite faco scores in the 720-750 range and I had applied and was denied the BA card back in November due to too many new accounts and inquiries.

I called reconsideration and pleaded my case but all to no avail.

But the statement about auto-decline if you have been declined in last six months I think is critical as it now several days later and I have NOT had an inquiry post on my credit report. I religiously monitor my credit and usually after an app it will have shown up by now. I suspect they did not even pull inquiry and that I was declined because of this 6 month rule, so I may give it another shot May 15 when my six month purgatory should have expired.
Old Apr 16, 10, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by philemer View Post
Data point:

I called 1-888-245-0625 to check on the status of my app. and was told I was declined because I'd recently been issued a BA card (November, 09). I asked for a super. and he said that if I closed one of my 3 Chase cards (BA, SWA and and a Gold UA Visa that only earns 1 mile per $2) he'd approve me. But all my cards currently have balances so he couldn't do it now. He said "call back after you've paid off a card & canceled it". Hope this works.
I paid off the UA Gold card Wednesday & called Chase this morning. The rep. closed that card and approved me for the new one. I asked her about the bonus miles and she said she didn't know anything about the offer but she would approve the card.
Old Apr 16, 10, 10:48 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Got it. Thanks to all for sharing information. In a few months I'll be looking for a good sign up offer for a Marriott card. I need somewhere to stay.

Chase may be replacing Citi as my favorite.
Old Apr 16, 10, 11:00 am

Just applied and got instant approval. Rep confirmed 50k bonus miles after first purchase (not $250), and first year annual fee waived.

I have the old MP Gold card- rep definitely mentioned in the T&C that the bonus may not apply to people who have received a bonus before (e.g. me), but we'll see what actually pans out 8 weeks from now....
Old Apr 16, 10, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
Originally Posted by biggestbopper View Post
I got the email invite today.

But, I note the app says don't apply if you have been turned down by Chase in the last six months.

And, I got burned on the the BA 100K deal in Dec. 2009.

Am I going to get burned again if I apply for the 50K offer? Can't wait until after the six months runs because the offer purportedly expires on May 15, 2010.

Before I call up Chase and beg for the card (or, at least politely ask if I can get it even if turned down by Chase four months ago) though I would ask for some guidance from other FTers.

Thanks for you input.

By the way, my credit score is excellent--and, I just got my new Schwab card in the mail today.
I initially got declined for the BA card, but UA was approved instantly.
Old Apr 16, 10, 1:24 pm

Current UA card holder

Has any current UA card holder applied for this promotion?

I just called and asked if I am qualified. The Chase agent said if I ever received any promotion miles from United, I would not be qualified. I asked if she can check my record and found out for sure. She asked she has no access to current card holder information.

I have a United Mileage Plus Gold card that they no longer offer. My annual fee is due May. I was going to cancel before that time any way.
Old Apr 16, 10, 2:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
do people think this offer or the Southwest Chase offer for 16 credits and up to a $500 gift card is better. Since both are Chase cards I would assume I iwll only get approved for 1.
Old Apr 16, 10, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
Check your current Choices balance:

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/BM0603THRA1.jsp (the domain is different, but it was a safe link-- I got to it from the Choices info page.)

Unfortunately, it shows me as having 25k+ Choices balance from the last promo several years ago. I wonder if that will invalidate my eligibility for this promo
Old Apr 16, 10, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA, BA, SIA, UA, CO
Originally Posted by andeesue View Post
Just approved ^Was a bit resistant at first as I got the BA Visa in early December and have several other cards but those 50,000 miles kept calling to me

Thanks to all for posting. Everything worked as you said!
what did you tell the rep to get instant approval?

Just received the declination letter today. I applied on April 8th.
Reason: too many requests for credit or opened accounts with Chase.

I got approved for the BA credit card back in december. My credit score 750.

But it seems like some people got the BA card back in December and now they still get approved for the UA card.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 16, 10 at 6:24 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 16, 10, 3:37 pm

Haha, Princess was legit! I received my United card just now, but they misspelled my last name. I don't know why the first application was not ever recognized by live Chase agents or the automated system in their system.

They received my second application for the same card that i applied for yesterday, that actually showed up in their systems. I called to check that one and they said it was still pending. They say if i am approved for the second one too, to just cancel that card within 90 days and that no record of any kind including a hard pull will ever show up for the second card. I wasn't aware of that 90 day cancel thing not making it show up on the credit report. Any ways, all is good on my end.
Old Apr 16, 10, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by frankiwa View Post
Haha, Princess was legit! I received my United card just now, but they misspelled my last name. I don't know why the first application was not ever recognized by live Chase agents or the automated system in their system.

They received my second application for the same card that i applied for yesterday, that actually showed up in their systems. I called to check that one and they said it was still pending. They say if i am approved for the second one too, to just cancel that card within 90 days and that no record of any kind including a hard pull will ever show up for the second card. I wasn't aware of that 90 day cancel thing not making it show up on the credit report. Any ways, all is good on my end.
Too funny! I'm glad it was ok. I will admit that by following your "adventure" it made me realize just how important it is to be sure everything is legit. Sometimes we all have a tendency to jump right in on these opportunities but one can never be too careful. That's what I love about FT - it's proven to be a solid vetting community.

I'm sure you'll remember "Princess" for quite a while! I know you are relieved.
Old Apr 16, 10, 4:54 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Thumbs up

I successfully applied for the MP Chase VISA card now (April 16, 5:30 pm EDT). I tried all three methods that have been described on this thread. It seems the key is to get past the recorded message to a human. Trying to apply for a new MP account didn't work for me. Entering incorrect zip code didn't work at first, either. I hung up and tried incorrect zip code again, still got a recording, then entered incorrect zip code AGAIN and finally was transferred to a human being. From then on the process was the same as others have described. Within 15 minutes I was approved.
I have a good credit rating and no Chase credit cards.

Thanks to all who have posted before.
Old Apr 16, 10, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by ADAMESQ View Post
3. Looks like you have to spend $250.00 to get the bonus.
Interesting, the rep told me the bonus was based on first transaction.
Old Apr 16, 10, 6:22 pm

One Approved and the other pending

I got my wife's acct approved by closing a freedom chase card and using the credit line for the United acct. The interesting point was that the she had applied and gotten approved for the BA card 4 months ago.

My card is still pending . I was given the offer to shut down one of my two other chase cards but I'm hesitant to do that since I just paid their annual fee.
Old Apr 16, 10, 7:04 pm

Got the card in the mail today! I only applied via phone last Saturday so kudos to them on the quick service in that department.

Of course there is nothing is the pile of disclosures and T&Cs that tells me how many bonus miles I get or the amount of spending I have to do to get them. Guess we will see...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: