Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 15, 10, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
Originally Posted by airshadow View Post
1. Under "Program Participation Summary" under the Mileage Plus Visa it has gone from "apply" to "redeem for exclusive travel...United/Choices"

2. The small advertisement for the credit card in the box on the right hand side of the page has gone from "apply" to "you may be eligible to upgrade your card, details..."

So those may be clues...
Both still are "Apply Now" for the both of us...
Old Apr 15, 10, 4:01 pm

You know, sorry, I just realized those changes to my online account appeared after I had already received my welcome email from Chase/United. So you would know one way or the other before those clues would show up. But, still, they do let you know that your MP number was recorded correctly during the application process.
Old Apr 15, 10, 5:01 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
When I got the debit card (I bank with chase) they did not want the MP number they insisted that they match it by name and address. I was actually a bit shocked a few weeks later when miles started posting.

I was also a bit shocked considering how much info they gave chase they did not include the MP number in the prefilled fields for the online app
Old Apr 15, 10, 5:45 pm
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by airshadow View Post
I've read a few places that "MP Visa Signature Card" showing under your name on the Redeem Miles page may or may not mean anything, as some have reported seeing it without actually having any cards. What I HAVE noticed, however, are a couple of changes to "My Mileage Summary" page since being approved:

1. Under "Program Participation Summary" under the Mileage Plus Visa it has gone from "apply" to "redeem for exclusive travel...United/Choices"

2. The small advertisement for the credit card in the box on the right hand side of the page has gone from "apply" to "you may be eligible to upgrade your card, details..."

So those may be clues...
Interesting. I was approved, and the card appears when I log in to Chase (although I don't have the physical card yet). But on my Program Participation Summary, it says this:
Originally Posted by United.com
Boost your mileage balance with a Mileage Plus Visa. Earn 30,000 bonus miles, plus 1 mile for every dollar in qualifying purchases Apply now.
Very strange.

Bruce
Old Apr 15, 10, 5:58 pm

Yeah, Bruce, that sounds like the same message I had before it changed. Give it a few days...
Old Apr 15, 10, 6:32 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emeralds, Star Gold, SkyTeam Silver, Southwest A-List, VIP Car Renter, Hotel Elite
I just got the targeted email too with the same wording as cordelli's email

Thanks Chase
Old Apr 15, 10, 6:48 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
I also applied in late March for a 30K bonus and no fee the first year. Today I got this offer in an email. I called Chase and asked if I can have this bonus again. She said to just apply for another card and I'd get the additional miles. I'll guess I'll have to see if that really happens. If she was right, that's 80K bonus miles and no fee for the first year.
Old Apr 15, 10, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Top Tier, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I already have the Chase card being offered, but applied via phone rep anyways. We'll see what happens.

What I'd really like to do is get a Select Visa... and the 30K bonus in addition to the 50k I hope to get.
Old Apr 15, 10, 8:09 pm

Just approved ^Was a bit resistant at first as I got the BA Visa in early December and have several other cards but those 50,000 miles kept calling to me

Thanks to all for posting. Everything worked as you said!
Old Apr 15, 10, 8:57 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY D, MR G, CC S, IHG P
Thanks to everyone who posted about this offer

Here are my data points if it helps others:

1) I have a Chase BA Signature Visa (Dec 2009 approval)
2) I applied for the United Mileage Plus Visa card Tuesday 4/13 pm following the directions in this thread
3) At the end of the call, the CSR told me I would get a decision within 2 - 3 weeks by mail
4) On Wednesday, I called the automated approval number, entered my SSN, and got a message "Congratulations, your application has been approved" or something like that (no details about date of application were provided like others have reported)
5) Thus 4/15 pm (~ 48 hours after application) my new card is displayed on the "My Accounts" tab when I log into Chase
6) Fri 4/16 pm: Email from Chase with subject "Your United Mileage Plus Visa is on its way!‏" stating confirming the bonus miles
"Earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase"

Thanks to everyone who posted about this!

Last edited by needtoescape; Apr 16, 10 at 3:03 pm Reason: Updating information
Old Apr 15, 10, 10:32 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, Starwood
So - - up until this point I thought this was simply a word of mouth promotion that was done over the phone. I called and set up my account earlier this week, however I just got an email from chase inviting me to the card (this was with a separate email account than the one I gave Chase for the united promotion). Here is what it said:

We are pleased to extend this invitation-only offer to you. Apply for a Mileage Plus® Visa® by Chase and take advantage of our biggest bonus mile promotion of the year. You'll earn 50,000 bonus miles - enough for two free roundtrip tickets within the continental U.S. - after you spend your first $250.

And for a limited time, we'll waive the $60 first-year annual fee. That's a Plus.

Take the fastest route to travel rewards
Pay for everyday purchases with a Mileage Plus Visa. The miles you earn can be used for award travel on United® and our airline partners, or for hotel stays, car rentals and brand-name merchandise too.

Earn 1 mile for every $1 you spend4
Earn miles for every purchase4
Earn as many miles as you can - there's no limit!

Start planning your trip. Respond by May 15, 2010.
-------------------------------

1. So I guess ppl can start applying online for this now.
2. Looks like the offer is good until May 15.
3. Looks like you have to spend $250.00 to get the bonus.

Anyone else get this email?
Old Apr 15, 10, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by ADAMESQ View Post
So - - up until this point I thought this was simply a word of mouth promotion that was done over the phone. I called and set up my account earlier this week, however I just got an email from chase inviting me to the card (this was with a separate email account than the one I gave Chase for the united promotion). Here is what it said:

We are pleased to extend this invitation-only offer to you. Apply for a Mileage Plus® Visa® by Chase and take advantage of our biggest bonus mile promotion of the year. You'll earn 50,000 bonus miles - enough for two free roundtrip tickets within the continental U.S. - after you spend your first $250.

And for a limited time, we'll waive the $60 first-year annual fee. That's a Plus.

Take the fastest route to travel rewards
Pay for everyday purchases with a Mileage Plus Visa. The miles you earn can be used for award travel on United® and our airline partners, or for hotel stays, car rentals and brand-name merchandise too.

Earn 1 mile for every $1 you spend4
Earn miles for every purchase4
Earn as many miles as you can - there's no limit!

Start planning your trip. Respond by May 15, 2010.
-------------------------------

1. So I guess ppl can start applying online for this now.
2. Looks like the offer is good until May 15.
3. Looks like you have to spend $250.00 to get the bonus.

Anyone else get this email?
So, I guess you didn't really follow the thread. A ton of people received this targeted email earlier today.
Old Apr 15, 10, 11:28 pm
In memoriam

I got the email invite today.

But, I note the app says don't apply if you have been turned down by Chase in the last six months.

And, I got burned on the the BA 100K deal in Dec. 2009.

Am I going to get burned again if I apply for the 50K offer? Can't wait until after the six months runs because the offer purportedly expires on May 15, 2010.

Before I call up Chase and beg for the card (or, at least politely ask if I can get it even if turned down by Chase four months ago) though I would ask for some guidance from other FTers.

Thanks for you input.

By the way, my credit score is excellent--and, I just got my new Schwab card in the mail today.
Old Apr 16, 10, 4:51 am

Programs: CO Platinum, UA 1K
Originally Posted by frankiwa View Post
Well, i checked my credit reports and no pull was even shown from the first time I applied! Very weird. Hopefully, "Princess" doesn't sell my information to someone in India. I reapplied for the United offer just now using the same method as i did the first time. And this time no instant approval this time, but it does actually show up in the system at least as pending when i check the application status.

Hopefully i don't end up with 2 United Visa cards, or worse yet just one card and some other person end up with the other one.
Saw a hard pull from "First USA Bank" on my Equifax report the same day I applied for the card.
Old Apr 16, 10, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Received a targeted (link auto-populates name/address, if you remove the info from the link it requires an invite code) e-mail for this offer 50k signup/fee waived first year.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: