Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 15, 10, 12:59 pm

Mike...do you have a link?
Old Apr 15, 10, 1:01 pm
jyj

Programs: United MP 1P
Originally Posted by frankiwa View Post
yeah, it does actually. I just called Chase and spoke to a human about 5 minutes ago though, and they say still pending. This has been one strange application process. So long as I end up with the points and the card, and princess isn't an authorized user, and this will all be worth it.

I wish i could have checked to see if that MP Visa was listed there before I applied the second time,. Oh well.
well, i will keep my fingers crossed for you that princess doesn't end up with access to your card!

i'm sure it will all work out just fine.

Last edited by jyj; Apr 15, 10 at 1:05 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 15, 10, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA, YX
FYI - I just received the email offer as well but it is only for me, the form is already filled out with my name, address, etc. so it is non-transferable, sorry.
Old Apr 15, 10, 1:08 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
It's a personalized link so it's for each person, sorry.

They offer the ability to call and give a 12 digit invite, which is also personalized probably.

It's in the format of

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/Solit.do_0SOLIT=<<12 digit invite code>>&LastName=<<last>>i&ZIP=<<zip>>&CONFIG_2ID=9

So there must be a table at chase that matches the invite code with the name, address, etc. It was funny, it prefilled everything but the mileage plus number

Last edited by cordelli; Apr 15, 10 at 1:16 pm
Old Apr 15, 10, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by cordelli View Post
It's a personalized link so it's for each person, sorry.

They offer the ability to call and give a 12 digit invite, which is also personalized probably.

It's in the format of

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/Solit.do_0SOLIT=<<12 digit invite code>>&LastName=<<last>>i&ZIP=<<zip>>&CONFIG_2ID=9

So there must be a table at chase that matches the invite code with the name, address, etc. It was funny, it prefilled everything but the mileage plus number
Ditto that. Looks like it is targeted. I received two email solicitations within a minute, one for me is the 30K offer and one for wife is 50K offer with format of the link as above.
Old Apr 15, 10, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
yeah, it does actually say MP Visa Signature Card when i click on Redeem miles. I just called Chase and spoke to a human about 5 minutes ago though, and they say still pending. This has been one strange application process. So long as I end up with the points and the card, and princess isn't an authorized user, and this will all be worth it.

I wish i could have checked to see if that MP Visa was listed there before I applied the second time,. Oh well.
The MP Visa Signature Card shows up on mine too and I didn't apply...

So I thought this is a bogus listing on the page, but then I remembered that my wife included me on her application as an authorized user - so maybe she was approved and it found my MP account.

However, her 1-800 automated info still says that she applied and we will find out in two weeks - no approval given. She hasn't called the live person #, as she doesn't have any other Chase cards, and there is nothing we anticipate paying off.
Old Apr 15, 10, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by pdx_fam View Post
The MP Visa Signature Card shows up on mine too and I didn't apply...

So I thought this is a bogus listing on the page, but then I remembered that my wife included me on her application as an authorized user - so maybe she was approved and it found my MP account.

However, her 1-800 automated info still says that she applied and we will find out in two weeks - no approval given. She hasn't called the live person #, as she doesn't have any other Chase cards, and there is nothing we anticipate paying off.
You may be right, PDX. B/c when i click on "My Profile", under billing info it says, "You do not have a credit card on file".
Old Apr 15, 10, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Just spoke to Chase customer "support" and all they can tell me is that the application is pending. They know nothing more. The credit pull was done on one day after I applied, and it's been 9 days now. The CR said "maybe it's slow because it's spring break and a lot of people of are gone?"

Whatever...
Old Apr 15, 10, 2:51 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The online application said up to two weeks to hear by mail, the confirming we got your application said

Your credit card application has been received and we will be sending you a response via U.S. Mail within 15 to 30 days. In the meantime, please refrain from submitting any additional applications. We will only be able to consider your first application.

so I figure around this time next month I'll start wondering, by which time I will have totally forgotten about it.
Old Apr 15, 10, 2:56 pm

You may be right, PDX. B/c when i click on "My Profile", under billing info it says, "You do not have a credit card on file".
Not looking under billing info.

Click on "Redeem Miles" - What does the redeem miles page have to say under your name?
Old Apr 15, 10, 2:58 pm
jyj

hmmmm. Same deal for me. So maybe the MP Visa listed under your status doesn't actually mean anything.

Is there anyone who definitely didn't apply for a card that has that listed under their status when they click "redeem miles"? Can someone check?
Old Apr 15, 10, 3:00 pm
jyj

mine says this when i click on redeem miles.
Hello MS jyj
Premier Executive
MP Visa Signature Card
30,500 Miles
My profile | My mileage summary | Log out
Old Apr 15, 10, 3:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gld,HH Dia,WOH Discoverist,IHG Plat
I was rejected. When i inquired as to why, they noted the opening of the BA Visa card one month earlier. Boo on them.
Old Apr 15, 10, 3:32 pm

I've read a few places that "MP Visa Signature Card" showing under your name on the Redeem Miles page may or may not mean anything, as some have reported seeing it without actually having any cards. What I HAVE noticed, however, are a couple of changes to "My Mileage Summary" page since being approved:

1. Under "Program Participation Summary" under the Mileage Plus Visa it has gone from "apply" to "redeem for exclusive travel...United/Choices"

2. The small advertisement for the credit card in the box on the right hand side of the page has gone from "apply" to "you may be eligible to upgrade your card, details..."

So those may be clues...
Old Apr 15, 10, 3:35 pm

Apparently the redeem miles listing doesn't mean anything:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ture-card.html

Search this Thread