Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 14, 10, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by BAK View Post
I also received the BA card in November, but was not approved for the UA one. After discussing this with the representative, I offered to close my BA card and was approved for the UA card. Well, too bad but this offer was too good to pass. And I did not want to waste a hard pull. Thanks to all FF members for the useful info.
You could also go for the BA card again in a few months for the regular 30,000 bonus...
Old Apr 14, 10, 5:17 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, UA 1K
Originally Posted by kalia960 View Post
I called 800 945 2006, entered my SSN, and the system recognized it and correctly reported the application date. The person who took the original app said it was approved, whereas this system said it was being processed. No big deal. It has not vanished into thin air.
+1
I was told it was approved but system says it is being processed.
Will wait and see. Will post any updates.
Old Apr 14, 10, 7:42 pm

Programs: Skymiles Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier
hey guys, I just received my card today. But I didn't see any $25 voucher or upgrade certificate in the package that mentioned in one of the threads. Have any of you guys actually got these certificates?
Old Apr 14, 10, 7:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Welcome to FT, liger!

What thread was that? How old is that post? Chase has had many different offers over the years, and you don't want to confuse this one with one of them.
Old Apr 14, 10, 8:16 pm

Programs: Skymiles Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier
Hi, sorry for not clarifying my question. I believe these certificates have been discussed along with the 50k miles offer. I did a quick search: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post13754140

So I am not sure now whether these certificates will be included in this offer.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
Welcome to FT, liger!

What thread was that? How old is that post? Chase has had many different offers over the years, and you don't want to confuse this one with one of them.
Old Apr 14, 10, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by BAK View Post
I also received the BA card in November, but was not approved for the UA one. After discussing this with the representative, I offered to close my BA card and was approved for the UA card. Well, too bad but this offer was too good to pass. And I did not want to waste a hard pull. Thanks to all FF members for the useful info.
What are the ramifications of closing the BA card? I don't think they can take your BA miles away...since there is nothing in the terms and conditions stating that account needs be open. While I like the BA card, I would seriously consider closing it for the 50k UA one just because I already have quite a bit of miles with UA from over the years and like to continue with the UA miles.
Old Apr 15, 10, 2:52 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by liger View Post
hey guys, I just received my card today. But I didn't see any $25 voucher or upgrade certificate in the package that mentioned in one of the threads. Have any of you guys actually got these certificates?
You should be glad that you didn't get them as I think they belong to the older (30K bonus milea) promotion.
Old Apr 15, 10, 9:38 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by lax2010 View Post
You should be glad that you didn't get them as I think they belong to the older (30K bonus milea) promotion.
i asked this question when i activated mine (took 15+ minutes!!!!) yesterday and was told my promo was for 50k, not the 25k plus those extras. i didn't argue; i just wanted off the phone at this point.
Old Apr 15, 10, 9:40 am

Programs: DL PM, DL SkClub LT, AA Gold, SPG Plat/LT Gold, IHG Plat, HH Diam, AS MVP
I just called and received a prerecorded message along these lines...

"Thank you for your interest but we are no longer accepting Mileage Plus Visa applications over the phone. If you received printed documents pertaining to this offer, please visit the website to apply."
Old Apr 15, 10, 10:06 am
BAK

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer View Post
What are the ramifications of closing the BA card? I don't think they can take your BA miles away...since there is nothing in the terms and conditions stating that account needs be open. While I like the BA card, I would seriously consider closing it for the 50k UA one just because I already have quite a bit of miles with UA from over the years and like to continue with the UA miles.
Well, I was not told of any ramifications, and I have not seen any examples of losing miles like that lately. I did try to keep the BA card open. But for me UA miles would be more valuable for awards to Europe. And I already used 50K of my BA miles. Anyway, I do hope there will be no issues with my BA account.

Then again, all over this thread I see examples of people getting the BA card within the last 6 months and still getting approved for the UA offer. I am not sure why some applications are being singled-out.
Old Apr 15, 10, 10:24 am

Programs: CO Platinum, UA 1K
Originally Posted by hockeystl View Post
I just called and received a prerecorded message along these lines...

"Thank you for your interest but we are no longer accepting Mileage Plus Visa applications over the phone. If you received printed documents pertaining to this offer, please visit the website to apply."
Ignore the pre-recorded meessage. Try to get connected to a live agent and they will transfer you.
Old Apr 15, 10, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by jyj View Post
oh, right. that completely slipped my mind. hopefully just a hiccup then!
Well, i checked my credit reports and no pull was even shown from the first time I applied! Very weird. Hopefully, "Princess" doesn't sell my information to someone in India. I reapplied for the United offer just now using the same method as i did the first time. And this time no instant approval this time, but it does actually show up in the system at least as pending when i check the application status.

Hopefully i don't end up with 2 United Visa cards, or worse yet just one card and some other person end up with the other one.
Old Apr 15, 10, 1:28 pm
jyj

Programs: United MP 1P
Originally Posted by frankiwa View Post
Well, i checked my credit reports and no pull was even shown from the first time I applied! Very weird. Hopefully, "Princess" doesn't sell my information to someone in India. I reapplied for the United offer just now using the same method as i did the first time. And this time no instant approval this time, but it does actually show up in the system at least as pending when i check the application status.

Hopefully i don't end up with 2 United Visa cards, or worse yet just one card and some other person end up with the other one.
yikes. that's really strange! when you go on to .bomb and click on "redeems miles" does the MP Visa get listed under your status? When i got my instant approval - it showed there almost immediately.
Old Apr 15, 10, 1:34 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Just got this e-mail from United

Dear Mr Michael Cordelli,

Since you've just used your miles for an award, we are pleased to extend this invitation-only offer to you. Apply for a Mileage Plus® Visa® card by Chase and take advantage of our biggest bonus mile promotion of the year. You'll earn 50,000 bonus miles1 - enough for two free roundtrip tickets within the continental U.S.2 - after you spend your first $250.

And for a limited time, we'll waive the $60 first-year annual fee.3 That's a Plus.

With a simple online one page application on the link. It was prefilled with the dempgraphic stuff, just had to put in income, social, and how long at home and job.
Old Apr 15, 10, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by jyj View Post
yikes. that's really strange! when you go on to .bomb and click on "redeems miles" does the MP Visa get listed under your status? When i got my instant approval - it showed there almost immediately.
yeah, it does actually say MP Visa Signature Card when i click on Redeem miles. I just called Chase and spoke to a human about 5 minutes ago though, and they say still pending. This has been one strange application process. So long as I end up with the points and the card, and princess isn't an authorized user, and this will all be worth it.

I wish i could have checked to see if that MP Visa was listed there before I applied the second time,. Oh well.

Last edited by frankiwa; Apr 15, 10 at 2:00 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: