Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
I called the "live person" backdoor lending #, expecting to grovel for a reduction on the BA card if they gave me the United card, but was pleasantly surprised when she told me I was approved !

Just closed a United card to get the BA card in November '09. I will post if and when I get the 50,000 bonus.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:06 pm

Well, I'm beginning to get a little suspect. I applied by calling United Mileage Plus number listed on this thread, and then getting transferred to Chase. They took all my info., read the 15 minute T&C, and then told I was instantly approved toward the end of the call.

I called Chase directly yesterday to check CL and they said no application was ever processed. I called again today and same thing. No application is being processed, and they said whether it was done over the phone or online doesn't matter, that they would have the info of an app that was filed. Weird.

I didn't get a reference number when i applied over the phone (i don't recall having been given one), but i do recall the woman's name being "Princess", which is hard to forget. Seemed legit. Not sure what happened here. Anyone else try to check the status, or get the CL, by calling Chase directly and run into a similar situation? It's really weird to have no application even showing being processed, let alone being approved, when i was already informed i was instantly approved during the original call. Hmmm...

Chase told me if i would like I could check back in a few days that the direct number to speak to one of their analysts (instead of an automated response) to check the status of an app or CL, they gave me was 1-888-609-7805. Guess i'll try back again over the next several days, and if still no response, then perhaps sign up for one of those credit monitoring services or something.

Last edited by frankiwa; Apr 14, 2010 at 1:31 pm
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by frankiwa
I didn't get a reference number when i applied over the phone, but i recall the woman's name being "Princess", which is hard to forget. Seemed legit. Not sure what happened here.
Was she the Nigerian Princess and were you offered a share of the millions she's trying to get out of the country?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Was she the Nigerian Princess and were you offered a share of the millions she's trying to get out of the country?
No. If i had to guess she sounded like an Indian princess.

And she didn't claim to be affiliated with the United Nations, or attempt to inform me of an unclaimed bank of Nigeria deposit in my name. Seriously though, this is a first for me.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:39 pm

Well, I'm beginning to get a little suspect.
Maybe that's the problem; they prefer applicants who are completely above suspicion.

I called Chase directly yesterday to check CL and they said no application was ever processed. I called again today and same thing. No application is being processed, and they said whether it was done over the phone or online doesn't matter, that they would have the info of an app that was filed. Weird.
I called 800 945 2006, entered my SSN, and the system recognized it and correctly reported the application date. The person who took the original app said it was approved, whereas this system said it was being processed. No big deal. It has not vanished into thin air.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by kalia960
I called 800 945 2006, entered my SSN, and the system recognized it and correctly reported the application date. The person who took the original app said it was approved, whereas this system said it was being processed. No big deal. It has not vanished into thin air.
When i call that number and enter my social it says, "the information entered does not match our records..." Maybe i'm the only one. Only thing i could think of, aside from id theft, is that after they hung up with me they saw that i applied for BA Chase card in January and voided the application process. Doesn't explain that i was already approved though.

Last edited by frankiwa; Apr 14, 2010 at 1:51 pm
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Our showed up on chase.com this morning, two days after app.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:54 pm
jyj

Programs: United MP 1P
Originally Posted by kalia960

+1.

Maybe if it's not recognizing your SSN, the CSR made a typo or something somewhere in your application?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by jyj
+1.

Maybe if it's not recognizing your SSN, the CSR made a typo or something somewhere in your application?
Perhaps, but then i would have had to be instantly approved under someone else's social yet the same name?

I'll just give it another few days, and perhaps reapply if the offer is still available sometime next week, if the rep that picks up isn't named princess or pocahontas. Hopefully it is just a hiccup.

Anybody know which credit report i should check (for Chase hard pulls) to see if they even pulled my credit? And will it already be reflected in the credit report if they may have pulled it only 2 or 3 days ago? Or are credit reports not updated daily? thanks

Last edited by frankiwa; Apr 14, 2010 at 2:05 pm
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:00 pm

When i call that number and enter my social it says, "the information entered does not match our records..." Maybe i'm the only one.
frankiwa - I actually had a similar issue a few months ago while applying for a card with another bank - my application seemed to "vanish" from their system. As it turns out, it was just a glitch and it did eventually show up. So it can happen.

If you went through the same procedure as the rest of us, hopefully it's just a hiccup and not something worse. But you're smart to remain diligent just in case. I know it's a queasy feeling. Hang in there. I hope everything works out.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:06 pm

Perhaps, but then i would have had to be instantly approved under someone else's social yet the same name? I'll just give it another few days, and perhaps reapply if the offer is still available sometime next week.

Anybody know which credit report i should check (for Chase hard pulls) to see if they even pulled my credit? And will it already be reflected in the credit report if they may have pulled it only 2 or 3 days ago? Or are credit reports not updated daily? thanks
Good idea.

I believe it varies by state with Chase, but in FL it's Equifax (may show as "First USA Bank")
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by airshadow
Good idea.

I believe it varies by state with Chase, but in FL it's Equifax (may show as "First USA Bank")
Appreciate the encouragement airshadow. And good to know that these hiccups do occur sometimes, no matter what the Chase agent says. I'm gonna just check each report in on Monday until it pops up on one of them (or doesn't).
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:31 pm
jyj

Programs: United MP 1P
Perhaps, but then i would have had to be instantly approved under someone else's social yet the same name?
oh, right. that completely slipped my mind. hopefully just a hiccup then!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:52 pm

50k vs 20K United Bonus miles

Just got off the phone with the United Rep. and her statement was we can only offer you 20K bonus miles at this time. April 14th.? ??
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:39 pm
BAK

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PatMike
I called the "live person" backdoor lending #, expecting to grovel for a reduction on the BA card if they gave me the United card, but was pleasantly surprised when she told me I was approved !

Just closed a United card to get the BA card in November '09. I will post if and when I get the 50,000 bonus.
I also received the BA card in November, but was not approved for the UA one. After discussing this with the representative, I offered to close my BA card and was approved for the UA card. Well, too bad but this offer was too good to pass. And I did not want to waste a hard pull. Thanks to all FF members for the useful info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.