Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 13, 10, 4:17 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, Starwood
As of noon today, these instructions are still good.

Originally Posted by abrash View Post
Just signed up for the offer, so as of now it still is active. Customer service representative (CSR) offered the 50,000 mile bonus without any prompting by me. In total, took about 15 minutes. These are the steps I followed (adapted from a post at SD):

1. Call 1-800-421-4655
2. Say enroll in Mileage Plus. You will be transferred to a CSR.
3. Mention you already have an account but want to get a Chase Mileage Plus Credit Card (if you don't have an account, you'd need to get one).
4. CSR will transfer you to Chase Application Center CS (India).
5. CSR will take all your information and give approval.
I had originally tried the standard United phone tree as well as the Chase credit card line provided for the Continental Presidential Plus card (to see if they knew of the promotion, a promotion code, etc.) to no avail. One of the numbers even said that they were no longer accepting applications for credit cards over the phone.

This number, however, takes you to the right people. Pain in the butt factor: listening to all the T&Cs over the phone. My original call got disconnected, so I enjoyed the pleasure of listening to all the fascinating features of this fine product twice....

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 13, 10, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by maulah View Post
You should call again. I also had a card in around 2007, but I had no problem.
Did you have no problem applying or receiving the 50k bonus miles? Until the miles are in your account, it is still not a sure thing, I think.
Old Apr 13, 10, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by lax2010 View Post
Did you have no problem applying or receiving the 50k bonus miles? Until the miles are in your account, it is still not a sure thing, I think.
You may be right, so I will have to wait and see once the miles are posted
Old Apr 13, 10, 6:18 pm

Just signed up for the offer, so as of now it still is active. Customer service representative (CSR) offered the 50,000 mile bonus without any prompting by me. In total, took about 15 minutes. These are the steps I followed (adapted from a post at SD):

1. Call 1-800-421-4655
3. Mention you already have an account but want to get a Chase Mileage Plus Credit Card (if you don't have an account, you'd need to get one).
4. CSR will transfer you to Chase Application Center CS (India).
5. CSR will take all your information and give approval.
I followed these instructions today as well (about an hour ago) and it worked fine. I was approved while still on the phone.

I then called another 800 number the CSR gave me (1-800-955-9296) and chose the "inquire about a pending application" option. I hit 0 once the automated voice said my application had been submitted. A live person then verified that the card was approved, that I have no previous UA Visa account on file, and that I should get the card in about 5 days.

Me
Old Apr 13, 10, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by btravel112 View Post
good god, i just did that application two days ago.
I think you can call up and cancel the card, before miles post.

how long is this valid till?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 14, 10 at 2:16 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 13, 10, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
how long is this valid till?
So far, this has been totally a word of mouth promo, as far I have seen.
Haven't seen ANYTHING in writing about it.

Anyone ???
Old Apr 13, 10, 6:47 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, Starwood
Originally Posted by PatMike View Post
So far, this has been totally a word of mouth promo, as far I have seen.
Haven't seen ANYTHING in writing about it.

Anyone ???
Totally word of mouth - if you go online, they're only offering the standard 30K bonus for the credit card.

As far as validity - I heard that it was good through April, but I'd recommend getting it taken care of asap.
Old Apr 13, 10, 8:31 pm
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: Too many to list
Data point:

I called 1-888-245-0625 to check on the status of my app. and was told I was declined because I'd recently been issued a BA card (November, 09). I asked for a super. and he said that if I closed one of my 3 Chase cards (BA, SWA and and a Gold UA Visa that only earns 1 mile per $2) he'd approve me. But all my cards currently have balances so he couldn't do it now. He said "call back after you've paid off a card & canceled it". Hope this works.
Old Apr 13, 10, 9:24 pm

Programs: Primarily AA and oneworld alliance partners
Same here - declined for same reason, which seemed strange since others with BA card got through fine. The rep was adamant that I can't get the card and I didn't even get offered to close out my BA card (which is the ONLY other chase card I have). If I were you, I'd get it in writing. (I wouldn't know if I want to cancel BA since they have some pretty sweet promotional offers these days).

By the way, that's the lending department number. They have the decision, but I swear, I think they absolutely loathe to give you the decline decision over the phone (just as much as we dislike hearing it, I suppose ). They would rather say it's still in review and that ...you'll hear in 2 two weeks (even though they already have the decision right in front of them most of the time!) The wait can be brutal!

Originally Posted by philemer View Post
Data point:

I called 1-888-245-0625 to check on the status of my app. and was told I was declined because I'd recently been issued a BA card (November, 09). I asked for a super. and he said that if I closed one of my 3 Chase cards (BA, SWA and and a Gold UA Visa that only earns 1 mile per $2) he'd approve me. But all my cards currently have balances so he couldn't do it now. He said "call back after you've paid off a card & canceled it". Hope this works.
Old Apr 13, 10, 9:43 pm
Suspended

1. Call 1-800-421-4655
A few minutes ago, I was not transferred to a CSR. Instead I got the automated system which wanted to know how many MP apps, then name, then address... (I don't know what else, becauseI am already a member of MP so I hung up.)
Old Apr 13, 10, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by dream7 View Post
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Cancun is in Mexico, which United lumps into "Central America". From North America, the roundtrip coach award is either going to be 35K miles (saver award) or 70K miles (standard award).
Thanks for the clarification Dream7... I was hoping for it to be part of N. America
Old Apr 13, 10, 10:05 pm

I got the BA Visa in January. Applied for this one over the phone on Saturday and was told they needed 2 weeks for a decision. I did not call the back-door 888 number to check on the card. Just looked on Chase.com, and the United card is there! So it looks like I am approved.

Thanks to FT, and thanks to those who told us how to keep trying after the automated message told everyone to get lost.
Old Apr 13, 10, 10:14 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY D, MR G, CC S, IHG P
Originally Posted by kalia960 View Post
A few minutes ago, I was not transferred to a CSR. Instead I got the automated system which wanted to know how many MP apps, then name, then address... (I don't know what else, becauseI am already a member of MP so I hung up.)
The same thing happened to me this evening, but I got a person by answering "1" to the number of persons question and then pressing the "0" key, after unsuccessfully trying to get them to transfer me by saying "representative" (one of my automated system escape tactics). Once I got a person, the rest of the steps worked fine.
Old Apr 13, 10, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by needtoescape View Post
The same thing happened to me this evening, but I got a person by answering "1" to the number of persons question and then pressing the "0" key, after unsuccessfully trying to get them to transfer me by saying "representative" (one of my automated system escape tactics). Once I got a person, the rest of the steps worked fine.
That worked, many thanks!

Instant approval (I have a Chase Freedom Signature card from 18 months ago, but that didn't affect anything).
Old Apr 14, 10, 12:06 pm

I called 1-888-245-0625 to check on the status of my app. and was told I was declined because I had too many inquiries on my credit report this year since I was trying to refinance my mortgage. I told her that I did not get any new loan despite all these inquiries. She offered to lower my credit limit from another chase rewards card from 50k to 10k and request 20k limit on this card and see if I am approved. I agreed and was on hold for 3 minutes, but it worked.

Search this Thread