Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 13, 10, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
I tried last night and again just now (800-421-4655) . Last night the rep could not find the offer and just now I got an automated reply that "we are not taking applications over the phone for this offer"...

I also called the direct lending # and they send me back to the United MP # to apply....

For those of you applying today, what # are you using ???
Old Apr 13, 10, 1:44 pm

Unfortunately I am also getting the, "we are not taking applications over the phone for this offer," speech as well from the MP number (1-800-421-4655) followed by the, "manage my account," etc.

Pleas let me know if you have any more success, but I fear this offer may have died.
Old Apr 13, 10, 1:54 pm

Worked for me

Used the 421-4655 # just now (~3:50pm Eastern), gave my MP number, and was tferred to the Chase visa rep, who gave approval (after a long list of T&Cs), and confirmed $60 fee waived for first year.
Old Apr 13, 10, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
on line with them now...
reading t&c , bla, bla, bla.......
fingers crossed..........
Old Apr 13, 10, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean View Post
I got the same message when I entered my SSN the first time; when I entered it again it gave the CL.
I tried again just a minute ago to check the CL. None of the automated Chase phone numbers i call show that an application was even processed, let alone approved, even though the agent on the phone said i was instantly approved when signing up.
Old Apr 13, 10, 2:18 pm

I signed up Sunday (4/11) for this, and got an email today saying it was on it's way "thanks for joining" type crap...

:Say hello to your United Mileage Plus Visa Signature Card. Use your card and look how fast the miles can add up:

• Earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase

• 1 mile for every $1 in purchases - including groceries, gas at the pump, dining and more
Old Apr 13, 10, 2:27 pm

I finally got through to someone to apply after multiple attempts.
No instant approval, but if I don't get approved I'll try to call call a human and try to reduce or close my BA card.

A few interesting data points.....

When you call the MP # and get automatically sent to Visa call center, you get a message that they are no longer taking applications for this offer.... SO you have to speak with a human at MP first and have them transfer you to the Chase MP Visa call center.

The T&Cs that they read seem to take forever. An interesting addition is that they say something like "if you use Chase cards just to get the promotional miles/points, you will not get this card". I thought that was interesting ....... Never heard that wording before.
Old Apr 13, 10, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Just received the welcoming email from Chase VISA and it read "Earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase". So the 50K thing is as real as it can get.
Old Apr 13, 10, 2:58 pm

Programs: No Longer Anything
re: some people being told that one has to spend $250 and some people being told they get a travel cert.

Those sound like the normal offer for a Signature visa that comes with a 30,000 mile bonus, not the 50,000 mile bonus. Wonder if some agents are confusing?
Old Apr 13, 10, 3:04 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, AA,
Originally Posted by PatMike View Post
I finally got through to someone to apply after multiple attempts.

When you call the MP # and get automatically sent to Visa call center, you get a message that they are no longer taking applications for this offer.... SO you have to speak with a human at MP first and have them transfer you to the Chase MP Visa call center.

The T&Cs that they read seem to take forever. An interesting addition is that they say something like "if you use Chase cards just to get the promotional miles/points, you will not get this card". I thought that was interesting ....... Never heard that wording before.
I got through to a UA person by entering incorrect zip code. I asked to be transferred to Chase but was told by UA in 1 second that I would not get the mileage bonus on a new card because I had the card in the past (2007 or so). So I was not transferred.
Old Apr 13, 10, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by JenGal View Post
re: some people being told that one has to spend $250 and some people being told they get a travel cert.

Those sound like the normal offer for a Signature visa that comes with a 30,000 mile bonus, not the 50,000 mile bonus. Wonder if some agents are confusing?

If it is any help, i was quoted several times for 50,000 miles without even asking. There was no mention of any travel certificate or any other perks. Also they said that it was after first spend, not $250 spend. Though, either spend amount seems simple enough.
Old Apr 13, 10, 3:14 pm

My application wording was "1st purchase" - no mention of $250, not that $250 is a big deal.....
Old Apr 13, 10, 3:35 pm
jyj

Programs: United MP 1P
Originally Posted by frankiwa View Post
If it is any help, i was quoted several times for 50,000 miles without even asking. There was no mention of any travel certificate or any other perks. Also they said that it was after first spend, not $250 spend. Though, either spend amount seems simple enough.
+1

I also used the 1-800-421-4655 number. I chose the prompt to enroll in MP, went through the motions and then told the rep that I am actually already a member and would like to apply for the MP Visa. He said "the one with the 50K promotion?" and I said "yes". I was transferred to a Chase CSR and he mentioned the 50K again and we went through the app process.
Old Apr 13, 10, 3:53 pm

Programs: No Longer Anything
good to go...

Followed advice of others.

Used 800-421-4655. While waiting for a live rep the recording on the line said if you "want a new mp visa call such-n-such phone number and you can get 30,000 bonus miles!"

I waited for my live rep and told her I was calling about a new MP chase visa card offer; she promptly said "Oh, the one with 50,000 miles?" Good sign.

Transferred to the visa folks. That agent also promptly said they had a 50,000 mile offer that was good upon your first purchase "no matter the amount of the purchase." She went on about how you could use those 50,000 miles for two domestic saver awards!! Oh WOW She said that at the beginning and the end, but I guess she was just making a point at how great 50,000 miles are.

Took my application info, read the long T&C, gave me immediate approval, it may take 8 weeks for miles to post after purchase.

50,000 was mentioned a few times, similar to what others have noted.

I have an old, but active, MP visa. Didn't seem to be an issue. We'll see about miles.
Old Apr 13, 10, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by ord100 View Post
I got through to a UA person by entering incorrect zip code. I asked to be transferred to Chase but was told by UA in 1 second that I would not get the mileage bonus on a new card because I had the card in the past (2007 or so). So I was not transferred.
You should call again. I also had a card in around 2007, but I had no problem.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: