Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 13, 10, 1:15 am

Programs: AA, UA, US, SPG, OZ Infant Science Training Course, BEST Upper Deck, Support the Tyrants Travel Club
btw, what exactly is the terms for getting the bonus? I read $250 spend, but IIRC the Chase phone rep told me I would get the 50K just for a first purchase (no amount specified).
Old Apr 13, 10, 1:16 am

Programs: AA, UA, US, SPG, OZ Infant Science Training Course, BEST Upper Deck, Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by PatMike View Post
A friend told me that he called Chase today and was told the offer was dead.

I called a few minutes ago and the offshore Rep asked what # I called. I told her 800-421-4655 (Mileage Plus) and that I was transferred to her through their phone tree.
After being on hold, she said that she was having technical difficulties and could not locate the offer.

Is there a direct Chase # that has been getting results and maybe an active promo code ???
hmm, maybe try calling back, hope for a different agent? it worked 4 hrs ago.
Old Apr 13, 10, 5:43 am

Programs: UA Mileage-Plus, AA Advantage, DL SkyMiles,
I don't understand why some people say the T&C says you get the miles after $250 in spending. The rep told me over the phone it was after the first purchase.

Received an e-mail yesterday saying the card is on its way. [Notice the misspelling of the world 'traveling']

"Dear RuffTackle,

Hello, and welcome to the United Mileage Plus® Visa Signature® Card — a great way to earn rewards. Thanks for choosing the United Mileage Plus Visa Signature Card. We're happy to have you as a new cardmember. You will be receiving your card shortly. Be sure to use it right away and start earning rewards for doing what you usually do — travelling and making everyday purchases. This card is your doorway to getting so many great rewards. Start using it today. And thanks again for joining us."

"Say hello to your United Mileage Plus Visa Signature Card. Use your card and look how fast the miles can add up: Earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase (1)"

"(1) You will qualify and receive your bonus after your first purchase/first use of the card. First purchase/first use includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account, and excludes cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. These miles do not count toward elite status."
Old Apr 13, 10, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by djakio View Post
...and yes, i think fee is waived for 1K. The united rep said there was a fee of 60 bucks after first year, but quickly said, oh wait nevermind you are 1k

Ummm, what's this "1K' business? I'm thinking about applying for the card (50K is sounding pretty good) but I know nothing about "1K"
Old Apr 13, 10, 7:10 am
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
"1K" is people who fly 100,000 miles per year.

Bruce
Old Apr 13, 10, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean View Post
just signed up over the phone, too. Was told by rep that I will be notified by mail in 2 weeks along with card in the mail. Called the automated 888 and said decision in 30 days... I also have 2 other Chase cards, so we'll see.
Called the automated 888 again and I was approved!

EDIT: Unfortunately, the card doesn't show up online in my Chase accounts, unlike what happened with the BA card after I was approved. Guess I'll have to wait to get the card to find out the credit limit.
Old Apr 13, 10, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by rufftackle View Post
[Notice the misspelling of the world 'traveling']
Both variants -- "traveling" and "travelling" -- are considered to be correct.
Old Apr 13, 10, 7:46 am

Called the automated 888 again and I was approved!

EDIT: Unfortunately, the card doesn't show up online in my Chase accounts, unlike what happened with the BA card after I was approved. Guess I'll have to wait to get the card to find out the credit limit.
Mr. Bean - it will take a couple of days for your new card to show up online with your other accounts. Also, if you call 800 945 2006 (the number that was listed on the front page of the BA 100k FlyerTalk thread) it will give you your new credit limit along with your approval message. For some reason the 888 number doesn't give you the CL.

A day or two after your new card shows up online you should then get a welcome email indicating 50k after first spend (not $250)

Congrats!
Old Apr 13, 10, 7:53 am
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Unfortunately, the card doesn't show up online in my Chase accounts, unlike what happened with the BA card after I was approved. Guess I'll have to wait to get the card to find out the credit limit.
Mine showed up roughly 24 hours after approval by phone.

Bruce
Old Apr 13, 10, 8:51 am

So what's the verdict? Is this still alive?

Any current UA MP Visa cardholders (but not the signature card) have any luck getting this to go through?
Old Apr 13, 10, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by airshadow View Post
Mr. Bean - it will take a couple of days for your new card to show up online with your other accounts. Also, if you call 800 945 2006 (the number that was listed on the front page of the BA 100k FlyerTalk thread) it will give you your new credit limit along with your approval message. For some reason the 888 number doesn't give you the CL.
Oh wow, I forgot about that - thanks for posting it.

Originally Posted by airshadow View Post
A day or two after your new card shows up online you should then get a welcome email indicating 50k after first spend (not $250)

Congrats!
Originally Posted by bdschobel View Post
Mine showed up roughly 24 hours after approval by phone.

Bruce
I'll keep on the lookout for those then. Thank you both!
Old Apr 13, 10, 9:08 am

Also, if you call 800 945 2006 (the number that was listed on the front page of the BA 100k FlyerTalk thread) it will give you your new credit limit along with your approval message.

Hmmm. After getting instant approval over the phone yesterday, I called the number above to check credit limit, and it said that they have not even received an application in which to check the status of (nothing in their system). Guess i'll just wait a couple days to see if i get an email or something.
Old Apr 13, 10, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by frankiwa View Post
Also, if you call 800 945 2006 (the number that was listed on the front page of the BA 100k FlyerTalk thread) it will give you your new credit limit along with your approval message.

Hmmm. After getting instant approval over the phone yesterday, I called the number above to check credit limit, and it said that they have not even received an application in which to check the status of (nothing in their system). Guess i'll just wait a couple days to see if i get an email or something.
I got the same message when I entered my SSN the first time; when I entered it again it gave the CL.
Old Apr 13, 10, 11:26 am

The offer still seems to be working this morning. I just applied ten minutes ago, was offered the 50,000 mile card and got approved in about 15 minutes.

Love this deal!
Old Apr 13, 10, 12:57 pm
jyj

Programs: United MP 1P
Just wanted to say thanks and that the deal is still on! I just applied and got instant approval. Took a little bit longer at about 24 minutes though...

but still awesome!

Search this Thread