Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 12, 10, 3:16 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AA, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Applied today and they said it was approved and card would be in the mail.
Old Apr 12, 10, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX S
Was approved last week after calling the 888 number and just got an email from Chase welcoming me.

Say hello to your United Mileage Plus Visa Signature Card. Use your card and look how fast the miles can add up:

Earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase1

1 mile for every $1 in purchases - including groceries, gas at the pump, dining and more2

1 You will qualify and receive your bonus after your first purchase/first use of the card. First purchase/first use includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account, and excludes cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. These miles do not count toward elite status. If your account is not open for at least six months, United and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus miles from your Mileage Plus Program account.
Old Apr 12, 10, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by unavaca View Post
Was approved last week after calling the 888 number and just got an email from Chase welcoming me.
+1

It's nice to have the 50k confirmed in writing
Old Apr 12, 10, 4:04 pm

Programs: US CP; AA LTG; HH Dia; SPG Plat; Marriott Gold
Thanks everyone. I saw this one late, but it looks like I was still in time.

Used the wrong zip code instruction, 17 minutes on the phone, instant approval. He must have said "50,000" at least 4 times. No other chase cards or UA cards.
Old Apr 12, 10, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
I was just approved instantly over the phone as well - 17 min and 38 sec. Now to see if I can get my wife one of these as well!
Old Apr 12, 10, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by okrogius View Post
Call 888-245-0625 (not 888-338-2586, that's fully automated line) - that will put you in touch with a real person to talk to.
I did call that #. The "real person" told me I couldn't talk to anyone while it's under review. Anyone know how to get by this "gatekeeper"?
Old Apr 12, 10, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by philemer View Post
I did call that #. The "real person" told me I couldn't talk to anyone while it's under review. Anyone know how to get by this "gatekeeper"?
I'm in the same situation as you. Mine is also under 'security review' and the 888 number told me that there is no one I can speak to until the security review is over.
Old Apr 12, 10, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
Just called the '888' number. Was informed I was approved (I had applied on phone on Saturday I think). Got a ridiculously high low 5-figure credit limit. Will have that reduced once the card arrives and make my first purchase.
Old Apr 12, 10, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, National, Hertz, HH
Please excuse my ignorance of how awards work on UA, but in looking at the redemption process for miles earned with this card more carefully, it looks as though you must (1) purchase the tickets with the card, then (2) request a statement credit by cashing in some of the miles:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0...hoiceshowtoair

This leads me to believe that UA treats flight miles vs. CC miles differently. I'm only familiar with DL, where CC miles go into the same pool as my flight miles do. I'm under the impression with the UA VISA, you can't just go redeem the bonus miles for a Saver Award, for example, as you could for miles earned by flying UA.

Would anyone who's redeemed UA VISA miles for flights be willing to verify this please? Thanks.

edit: I think that I might have found my answer here: http://faq.ua2go.com/display/4n/kb/b...=1059&level=3&. Sorry for not searching more carefully first.
Old Apr 12, 10, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by trek87 View Post
Please excuse my ignorance of how awards work on UA, but in looking at the redemption process for miles earned with this card more carefully, it looks as though you must (1) purchase the tickets with the card, then (2) request a statement credit by cashing in some of the miles:

Those are "Choices". You *can* use the miles earned via credit card that way, but they are also regular RDM, and you can use them for awards just like other (flight) RDM.
Old Apr 12, 10, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by philemer View Post
My conversation went something like this "Hi, I'm calling to inquire about the status of a card application. [information exchange] It hasn't been looked at, but I can do that right now. Great. etc".

I guess just hang up and try again (potentially different hour) if you don't like the person you're speaking with.

Last edited by okrogius; Apr 12, 10 at 7:59 pm
Old Apr 12, 10, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, National, Hertz, HH
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Originally Posted by trek87 View Post

Those are "Choices". You *can* use the miles earned via credit card that way, but they are also regular RDM, and you can use them for awards just like other (flight) RDM.
Good news. Thank you for the clarification.
Old Apr 12, 10, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US, SPG, OZ Infant Science Training Course, BEST Upper Deck, Support the Tyrants Travel Club
just signed up over the phone, too. Was told by rep that I will be notified by mail in 2 weeks along with card in the mail. Called the automated 888 and said decision in 30 days... I also have 2 other Chase cards, so we'll see.
Old Apr 12, 10, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K
possible new record

My wife signed up and was approved in 10min 15sec. From the time she started dialing and utilizing the direction posted here.
Thanks to everyone for the great info!
Old Apr 13, 10, 1:05 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
A friend told me that he called Chase today and was told the offer was dead.

I called a few minutes ago and the offshore Rep asked what # I called. I told her 800-421-4655 (Mileage Plus) and that I was transferred to her through their phone tree.
After being on hold, she said that she was having technical difficulties and could not locate the offer.

Is there a direct Chase # that has been getting results and maybe an active promo code ???

Search this Thread
Search Engine: