Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 12, 10, 8:20 am
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by mrredskin View Post
what does this "upgrade" certificate they give you actually upgrade you to? Say I book a discounted coach fare, will it move you to business?
The 1000-mile upgrade certs have always been the rough equivalent of 2 500 milers. The terms usually restricted their use to full fares, with the exception of elites, who could use it on any published fare.

Of course, with UDU, I suspect these will certs will now only be useful for "Premier Associate" on any fare or non-status passengers on full-fare tickets.
Old Apr 12, 10, 9:49 am

I called the 888 number to check on my application. After a few more questions, was recommended for approval, with a credit limit of $500.00
I have other cards with zero balance and over 20K limits, but that's OK, I seem to get the MP card. I'll call them later and ask for cl raise.
Old Apr 12, 10, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Platinum
1. Call 1-800-421-4655
2. Say enroll in Mileage Plus. You will be transferred to a CSR.
3. Mention you already have an account but want to get a Chase Mileage Plus Credit Card (if you don't have an account, you'd need to get one).
4. CSR will transfer you to Chase Application Center CS (India).
5. CSR will take all your information and give approval.[/QUOTE]

tried this. I already have a Signature Card the CSR said this is the same card.
Old Apr 12, 10, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR Silver
Received my card in Saturday's mail, and have used it, so the waiting begins to see when the 50k bonus posts. I did not receive any certificates or vouchers with the card, but will keep an eye on the mail for separate covers from UA.
Old Apr 12, 10, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, EY, SPG Gold, Delta PLT, HH Gold
We no longer accepting phone applications for this promotion...

Hi - I tried as above a few minutes ago, and when I got to the prompt for "apply for mileage plus visa" I was transferred to a recording which said something like 'we are no longer accepting phone applications for this promotion"

Anyone else get this?
Old Apr 12, 10, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX S
FYI, there's a lot of chatter on the SD thread (which references FT ). http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1964814
Old Apr 12, 10, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
My wife called 1-800-421-4655 this morning and requested a MP sign up and the 50K card. She said it took about 30 minutes over a bad connection.

They told her two weeks to find out. She has a 715 Creditkarma, mine is 660 and I was rejected for an MP card by Chase in Dec. - so no love from Chase for me for awhile. Hopefully she'll be approved - we may call the 888 to check on status.

Was anyone else approved, but not instantly?
Old Apr 12, 10, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX S
Originally Posted by pdx_fam View Post
My wife called 1-800-421-4655 this morning and requested a MP sign up and the 50K card. She said it took about 30 minutes over a bad connection.

They told her two weeks to find out. She has a 715 Creditkarma, mine is 660 and I was rejected for an MP card by Chase in Dec. - so no love from Chase for me for awhile. Hopefully she'll be approved - we may call the 888 to check on status.

Call the 888 number; doesn't hurt you and you'll talk with someone empowered to make a decision on your behalf.

I was in the delayed approval bucket. I had to close down two of my Chase cards to get this one.
Old Apr 12, 10, 12:46 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by unavaca View Post
FYI, there's a lot of chatter on the SD thread (which references FT ). http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1964814
it's been there for several days.
Old Apr 12, 10, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Plat, HH Diamond
Apparently, my app is pending some "security verification" which is on a first-come-first-serve basis. They haven't even got to the credit part yet. CSR at the back door number says it could take 30 days.

Last edited by abcx; Apr 12, 10 at 1:07 pm
Old Apr 12, 10, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by philemer View Post
Good idea. I'll call then Monday morning.
Number to reach someone with approval powers is (888) 245-0625 (the number I got from applying is to their automated check system). Personally always find those more useful than waiting for their decision, as if they have some particular reason they're hesitant to approve, can always clarify on the phone (e.g. if they provided you with the most total limit they wish to, can ask which one of your existing limits to reduce, etc).

Last edited by okrogius; Apr 12, 10 at 1:11 pm
Old Apr 12, 10, 1:33 pm

Ditto okrogius. Applied yesterday, got the two week message. Called the 888 number this morning, immediately got a human with a good phone connection (unlike the application process where two tin cans & a string would have produced a better connection), and said I had stellar credit so I was wondering if my high credit limit on my current Chase MP Signature card was the hold-up and got an immediate "yes, that's the issue." Was offered the option of reducing that one or the BA Chase approved in November/December and once I made my choice, approval was immediate.

Having an existing Signature MP Visa doesn't seem to matter, and neither does the six month rule seem to apply. YMMV.

Mr. BB is to apply tonight. Crossed fingers!
Old Apr 12, 10, 1:46 pm
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by unavaca View Post
Call the 888 number; doesn't hurt you and you'll talk with someone empowered to make a decision on your behalf.

I was in the delayed approval bucket. I had to close down two of my Chase cards to get this one.
I applied Saturday morning with the "you'll hear from us in the next 30 days" spiel. So I called the 1-888 # a few minutes ago and it's still in "review". Can't speak to anyone until the review is finished. Since I already have 3 UA cards I'll probably get declined. Hopefully I'll get the chance to close one of my existing cards & get this nice, juicy, one.

My daughter called yesterday and got approved instantly. She has no cr. cards right now.
Old Apr 12, 10, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by philemer View Post
I applied Saturday morning with the "you'll hear from us in the next 30 days" spiel. So I called the 1-888 # a few minutes ago and it's still in "review". Can't speak to anyone until the review is finished. Since I already have 3 UA cards I'll probably get declined. Hopefully I'll get the chance to close one of my existing cards & get this nice, juicy, one.

My daughter called yesterday and got approved instantly. She has no cr. cards right now.
Call 888-245-0625 (not 888-338-2586, that's fully automated line) - that will put you in touch with a real person to talk to.

Last edited by okrogius; Apr 12, 10 at 2:35 pm
Old Apr 12, 10, 2:22 pm

Programs: CX Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pdx_fam View Post

I applied yesterday on the phone, and the rep told me I would know the decision in 2 weeks in mail. Just called the 888 # back, and the rep told me I was approved already. I have another Chase (Continental card) which I signed up abt less than 1 year ago. Credit score at about 750. FYR.

Search this Thread