Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 10, 10, 12:22 pm

Thanks masonp123, just the answer I wanted to hear! Also that they asked for gross income. I never know what they are looking for on these apps!

Like others I'm also looking for information about the success rate of those with existing MP Visas (which Mr. BB & I have each had since 1991) and the BA Visa (which we have each had since December 2009).
Old Apr 10, 10, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
lied about my income
It's never a good idea to admit to fraud in public. Especially since you gave so many details (like the exact time you called and the agent you spoke with), it would be easy for Chase to figure out who you are.
Old Apr 10, 10, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC*G
Still alive as of a few minutes ago. Took a while to get to a CSR on the MP line, but once I did and she transfered me to a credit rep it was smooth.

Agent knew exactly what the deal was. Miles after first purchase. Instant approval. They asked for gross income, but credit history is much more important (I'm a student with limited income, but great credit history).

Nice to have another 50k in the bank. Now if only I can make myself use them instead of paying for trips to get the EQM
Old Apr 10, 10, 12:46 pm

Thank you for the new instructions on the zip code mismatch. This worked for me and I received instant approval.

Oh, and for Bergy Bits, we have a United Visa already, and just used the other spouses name as the primary on this one.
Old Apr 10, 10, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Silver, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I called UA, and they said that I wasn't eligible since I already had an MP Visa. So I hung up and called back, and just asked about applying for a Visa. No problem, transferred me over.

They went thru the usual disclaimers - you may not be eligible if you have one, blah blah - I'm trusting you guys on this - and did the app. Verified it was for the 50k miles. Asked about approval time and said I was instantly approved!

Thanks a lot for the idea and work around guys.

Really hoping this works as I went thru the original chain with the same card Original->Gold->Platinum (conversions) so hopefully this will work. If not, I lost nothing.

Last edited by Superguy; Apr 10, 10 at 1:36 pm
Old Apr 10, 10, 1:50 pm

Programs: Primarily AA and oneworld alliance partners
My application result

Got the result by calling. My app was declined. I am pretty bummed out since I was planning to get a united card anyway and figured this would be great. In spite of 700+ credit, I was basically declined for 1 app every six months reason... I got my BA card in nov. I guess this resets my clock for chase again.

yymv, especially since there had been some exception, but good luck to those who are still waiting!
Old Apr 10, 10, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold/GE
wow, that was fast! My wife just got her card today. Nothing about the 50,000 miles though. I guess I'll have to convince she needs to spend the $250 this weekend and find out.
Old Apr 10, 10, 2:14 pm
BAK

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
I applied an hour ago, the offer is still there. I received the BA card in November and this time I got the 30 days response. I hate waiting so I called the backdoor number, and the representative told me they are doing some additional verification. Should get a response within 7-10 business days. So no instant decision there either. Fingers crossed.
Old Apr 10, 10, 2:16 pm

50,000 miles

I just called and was told they are no longer taking apps over the phone but that I can get a similar offer on line - I believe that is 30,000 miles for me and 15,000 miles for my husband referring me. However, no where can I find out how to put in his number to make sure he gets the additional miles. Can someone help me out?
Old Apr 10, 10, 2:29 pm
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Eurosport View Post
for those that didn't get instant approval,
call this number (no prompts) and have them look at your app. they'll approve on the spot/or deny on the spot.

Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)
I called this number -- again -- and was told that they could not approve my application because I already have a Chase Marriott Rewards VISA card with a very high credit limit. I offered to reduce the limit on my Marriott card by the limit I wanted on the United card. They said OK, and it's done. A bit strange considering my 20-year perfect credit history, but the current limit was really very high, so I understand. Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Bruce
Old Apr 10, 10, 2:49 pm
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by lilmama48 View Post
I just called and was told they are no longer taking apps over the phone but that I can get a similar offer on line - I believe that is 30,000 miles for me and 15,000 miles for my husband referring me. However, no where can I find out how to put in his number to make sure he gets the additional miles. Can someone help me out?
We got the same "no longer taking apps. over the phone" recording. They said you "needed paperwork pertaining to this offer".
Old Apr 10, 10, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Plat, HH Diamond
Well, this hit SD. That might be why United/Chase realized what was going on and are now trying to shut it down.
Old Apr 10, 10, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Does anybody feel that a better offer will soon come?
Old Apr 10, 10, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer View Post
Got the result by calling. My app was declined. I am pretty bummed out since I was planning to get a united card anyway and figured this would be great. In spite of 700+ credit, I was basically declined for 1 app every six months reason... I got my BA card in nov. I guess this resets my clock for chase again.

yymv, especially since there had been some exception, but good luck to those who are still waiting!
Sorry to hear about that - I was rooting for you
Old Apr 10, 10, 3:44 pm

Applied today at 10am PST (used wrong zip code to get to the customer service rep), but no instant approval for both of us. Called the -2006 number and both of us got the "2 weeks" notice.

We got the BA card in early December. I vaguely remember that when we applied for the BA card, "2 weeks" notice meant it was approved, and "7-10 days" meant they wanted additional verification.

Has anyone with BA card got denied for this card due to the BA card?

Search this Thread