Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 7:18 am

I don't know if it's gone yet. I was able to use the same prompts and didn't get any pre-recorded message that the offer is no longer available.

Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten a decision (via the number nor on my chase account page). I guess it's just a waiting game for me now (just as it was for the BA card). I called and the rep read the status note on my application, which was "insufficient time since application received". When I asked for clarification to see if it's still pending (and to see if it was leaning one way or another), he didn't give it a direct answer other than that I had applied recently and I'll hear back within 7-30 days. So I guess there's nothing to do but wait now.

Hmmm, if only I'm one of those lucky folks that gets instant approval? My credit's good, but I never seemed to get them.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 7:41 am

its still alive.
My dad called the 800 chase app number and even though they claim that there is only 30k miles, he told them the url of the united website, and they relented and did him the 50k miles. They know about it but one have to push deeper...
Old Apr 10, 2010, 7:44 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Dead

I just got hung up on MP. I used the instructions in post 57 and I got the this offer is no longer available message and then it hung up on me.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
It was alive at 8:06 EST time today for me!

I think if you get someone telling you it's dead you should call back.

To clarify:

I called United, went to MileagePlus, Chose Manage Account, got connected to a CSR and they told me yes, it is still alive and then put me through to the dept that takes apps. This was today, Saturday, 10 April, 2010.

I got instant approval but my scores are well above 750 on all 3 agencies.

Interestingly, the last card I tried to apply for was another AA Citi MC but I got denied. The letter that came said my credit was too extended or over used. I found that strange. But when I called they said the real reason was because I already had a Citi MC and they were done issuing my new ones. Even if I canceled that one they would not give me another. Citi was now done with churning (a couple of months ago is when this all went down)

I have no probs with my credit. I have also not had any United or Chase Visa for like 8-9 years but the last one I did have earned me miles in my UA Acct.

Anyway, as for this 50k gig, the deal is still good. Keep trying!

MM
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:05 am

applied this morning and got through

I got the hang up from the automatic system last night too. I followed instruction on post #184 and got a live rep to take my application. (made sure to put in the wrong zip code! otherwise you'll only get the hang up). good luck.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by gabebalazs
Quick question:
Even though I did not get instant approval ("you'll get an answer within 2 weeks"...), when I sign into my United MP, on the "Redeem Miles" page I now see "MP Signature Visa Card" under my name.
Does that mean I got approved?

I applied this credit card but my husband did not. We both can see "MP Signature Visa Card under our names. My application status is same as you.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:25 am

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Thanks OP, got approved a few mins ago, card will arrive in 2 weeks!
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
yes it seems as though having the wrong MP number or zip code will prompt the system to get an agent on the phone to reconfirm with you.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
MP Chase Visa this morning at 11:20 am CST. Called MP, simply asked for agent and asked for credit card offers. She transferred me to Credit Card 'department'. They confirmed 50k mile offer good on first purchase. Even tho I'd had a MP card 3 years previously. Still good!

In case it matters to anyone: variable APR prime +9.9; annual fee $60 which will be waived the first year, due 21 days after closing. Foreign transaction fee is 3%, late fee of $15/$29/$39 depending on late balance. Returned check fee $39.

Took 12 mins to complete app, then another few minutes for agent to read terms & conditions.

Last edited by masonp123; Apr 10, 2010 at 10:54 am
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:26 am

Question Income questions?

Up until recently, every card application I completed asked for household income. I'm self-employed while Mr. Bergy Bits has the steady job. Recently we each applied on line for an NCL credit card from BoA and for the first time the application asked for household income but broken down by who earned what as well as what was interest income. This resulted in automatic on line approval for him & a phone contact for me during which I was asked a ton more questions including family net worth & other information I really didn't care to answer (and I really wasn't prepared to answer so I kept scribbling notes to myself). This was after the recent credit card rule changes but as it was also our first BoA experience, I didn't know if this additional scrutiny was a BoA thing, or something that all applicants were going to have to do each & every time now.

Can those of you who applied by phone provide any information about what type of questions were asked in regard to income? I really didn't like being blindsided, but I'm very psyched about this offer & want to take advantage of it, while being prepared in advance for questions. Thanks very much!
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
Sensing a trend here.

Looks like immediate approval on the phone will NOT happen if you have the BA card.

Has any BA cardholder gotten immediate approval for this offer?
What's the BA offer?
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by honmani2
What's the BA offer?
British Airways and Chase were doing a 100,000 signup bonus.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:38 am

I just followed the instructions of post #184, credit card agent asked if I was applying for the 50,000 miles Visa, then he took my application and I was instantly approved. Overall, it took about 15 minutes.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
Originally Posted by Bergy Bits
Can those of you who applied by phone provide any information about what type of questions were asked in regard to income? I really didn't like being blindsided, but I'm very psyched about this offer & want to take advantage of it, while being prepared in advance for questions. Thanks very much!
Only question I was asked is "what is households total gross annual income". Agent explained alimony, child support, etc does not need to be included. That was it for me.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 12:19 pm

for those that didn't get instant approval,
call this number (no prompts) and have them look at your app. they'll approve on the spot/or deny on the spot.

Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.