Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 9, 10, 7:01 pm

Programs: Qantas
That was fast!

Originally Posted by unavaca View Post
FWIW, I was done in 18 minutes, including time it took to get through the IVR and a few minutes waiting for an agent.
Seriously!
18 min!

My wife was on the phone for over 30 minutes yesterday just to get the card.
It was still worth it for 100, 000 points between us.
Old Apr 9, 10, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, 1MM, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by pgary View Post
The United Airlines website page now says "Please note: This is offer is available to select members who are original recipients of a specific direct mail or email invitation. ". But everyone so far has reported that the reps say they will receive the miles, though nobody has said that they actually received the miles. (Too early to tell.) YMWV.
The page may not be correct. I listened to the T&C's over the phone.... Was assured spending/charging as little as a $1.00 would activate me receiving 50,000 bonus miles.

In the link you posted, it mentions a spend of $250.00.
Old Apr 9, 10, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Plat, HH Diamond
So whose statement closes first?
Old Apr 9, 10, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
It's Equifax.
It depends where you live; both of my MP Chase cards were TransUnion (Pennsylvania)...
Old Apr 9, 10, 7:42 pm

It seems like the deal is over.... it's back to 30,000 miles
Old Apr 9, 10, 8:41 pm

While going off-topic for this thread... united.com doesn't show partner awards, which is why you can't see the FRA to BUD segments. You'll have to make the reservation over the phone and the phone agents will be happy to search availability for you. Do note that there's an unavoidable $25 fee for ticketing over the phone though
yeah, thank you, that's what I figured. Similar to Delta's system (I was a NW frequent flyer but I'm not very happy with Delta's award system, to say the least...)
Well, when the time comes I'll call them. I just signed up for this 50K bonus miles card.
Old Apr 9, 10, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by dukewake View Post
It seems like the deal is over.... it's back to 30,000 miles
You mean the phone rep. told you this? Or you got this from UA website?
Old Apr 9, 10, 9:15 pm

Programs: A3 Blue, SPG
Seems like it's gone.

I called Mileage Plus, and followed the prompts for applying. When I reached that part of the phone tree, I got a prerecorded message about no longer taking applicants for this offer.

It was a hell of a deal.
Old Apr 9, 10, 9:19 pm

I was just approved

I got the BA card in December (i.e. <6 months ago). I applied for this two days ago and now it shows up when I log in to Chase so I guess it was approved.

I got the same credit limit as for the BA card. Quite low, but I also have a short credit history in the US.
Old Apr 9, 10, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Silver, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by AA764 View Post
I called Mileage Plus, and followed the prompts for applying. When I reached that part of the phone tree, I got a prerecorded message about no longer taking applicants for this offer.

It was a hell of a deal.
Is 30k still available?
Old Apr 9, 10, 9:54 pm

Quick question:
Even though I did not get instant approval ("you'll get an answer within 2 weeks"...), when I sign into my United MP, on the "Redeem Miles" page I now see "MP Signature Visa Card" under my name.
Does that mean I got approved?

Last edited by gabebalazs; Apr 9, 10 at 10:05 pm
Old Apr 9, 10, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Now I can see new UA card in my Chase online account. But, when I call 1-800 number, the application is still pending.
Old Apr 9, 10, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Silver, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
When I called, it said they were no longer taking PHONE apps for it, but implied that there was a website where it could still be applied for.

Anyone know the link?
Old Apr 9, 10, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by nydad View Post
Now I can see new UA card in my Chase online account. But, when I call 1-800 number, the application is still pending.
I called the number, which said I was approved...but I don't see the account online yet.
Old Apr 10, 10, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Talking I got it! 50k to come!

Thank you Dream7 for telling me about this offer. I had not been using United AT ALL and now I shall!

I called a number found on here which connected me to the Visa Card app center and they told me about a 30k deal with 15k for a referral. I asked about the 50k deal and they said to call UA.

I called 1-800-United-1 (864-8331) and endured that same annoying voice guy every company seems to use (he's on Bank of America as well and I hate his voice cuz he sounds smug to me) but I only had to select the voiceprompts for Mileage Plus and then Manage My Account to get through.

then I was asked for my MP number and zip code. It said my zip was wrong so it put me through to CS. CS asked it and then I logged into my account and wow--I forgot I had done this!

Long ago I was so sick of receiving those annoying credit card apps in the mail that in order to stop it I had changed my address TO United! hahahaha

This is my address in my acct!

UA Customer Relations P.O. BOX 66100 - WHQPW
chicago , IL 60666-0100

Anyway, I asked the CSR, Jessica (I love that name btw) if this application was going to yield 50k miles and no annual fee for the first year and she said yes.

i went through the app process with her over the phone, lied about my income cuz I am changing jobs, and was told that if I were approved, a Sig card would be sent in 2 weeks by regular mail or if they determined I qualified differently, it would be a Platinum card. If denied, a letter would come saying so in that same amount of time. I did not know if that would give me the same miles though. One of her questions was what I would be using this card for and I told her normal every day stuff and bills. She said their goal is that we use it for everything and receive the 1-1 miles on all purchases.

She said if I got my card, the 50k miles would post 6-8 weeks after my first purchase of any amount and then she ran through a slew of other terms and conditions whereas I just left her on speaker for a while. she provided a phone number to call after 2 days to check on things if I need to, 888-338-2586 and she was going to give me a confirmation number for my app in case I wanted to check on it but then... just like that, she said, 'No need sir, you have just been APPROVED!"

The card cometh in like 2 weeks.

Thank you Miss Vito, No more questions. Thank you very, very much. You've been a lovely, lovely witness
-Vincent Gambini

Search this Thread