Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by gabebalazs
I've called the phone number and the 4 vioce options were reservations, upgrades, enroll in Milage Plus, and manage my account.

Logically, I chose "Enroll", but it's not transferring me to a rep, it seems to be a voice machine controlled enrollement process (asking name, address etc.)

Am I supposed to be talking to a live rep? I don't want to just sign up for a new card with no 50K bonus miles. Or is that really the process, via a voice machine?
See post #57 of this thread for specific details on which options to choose when calling.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA PremX, Motel 6 Anodized Aluminum
Originally Posted by Circuits
I applied for and was approved for the deal just a bit ago.

Call the MP customer service line (1-800-421-4655) and choose the "apply for a UA Mileage Plus credit card" option from the voice menu. You'll be transferred to Chase, and the Chase rep will know about the 50k bonus deal.
Thanks for the info!

I did not see this offer via email or after logging in to Mileage Plus, but the phone tree did, in fact, work.... approved on the spot.

YMMV, but my history is one MP Visa credit card 'churn' every 12-18 months for the past 5 years. I have not had a MP Visa card for at least 6 months until now.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by airshadow
See post #57 of this thread for specific details on which options to choose when calling.
Thanks, I did see that post before, the problem was I wasn't a United MP member.

So I went online to United and enrolled to MP. Then I knew what to do.
I signed up for the card but I did not receive an instant approval. But at my milage account at United MP it does say MP Signature Visa Card. Does that mean I got approved or it doesn't mean anyhting?

It's a good deal. However, I was kind of disappointed to see that - at least according to the award calendar online - there is no way for me to find any kind of award flight to Budapest (BUD) from DTW.

I know Lufthansa flies from DTW to FRA and from FRA to BUD. Since LH is Star Alliance, does that mean that I should be able to find award flights once I have the necessary UMP miles?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold,, AA, AS, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nydad
I don't have the answer to this question, but nonetheless welcome to FT.

I can't believe you waited six years to write the very first post.
Thanks for the welcome. I'm on so many on line forums that I had forgotten about FT until searching my junk mail for a missing message. Apparently that's where all of the FT e-mails have been going for six years! My bad as this is such a great forum.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I just called and signed up. Even though I already have a Visa Platinum card, I was offered this new card, the 50,000 bonus miles, and a free annual membership for the first year only -- even 1Ks will pay $60 thereafter.

(She said that I get the 50,000 bonus .... I asked twice ... and then asked her name if the info is wrong. I will report back!)
Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by gabebalazs
It's a good deal. However, I was kind of disappointed to see that - at least according to the award calendar online - there is no way for me to find any kind of award flight to Budapest (BUD) from DTW.

I know Lufthansa flies from DTW to FRA and from FRA to BUD. Since LH is Star Alliance, does that mean that I should be able to find award flights once I have the necessary UMP miles?
While going off-topic for this thread... united.com doesn't show partner awards, which is why you can't see the FRA to BUD segments. You'll have to make the reservation over the phone and the phone agents will be happy to search availability for you. Do note that there's an unavoidable $25 fee for ticketing over the phone though
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:02 pm

Which is the number to apply via the automated system? I keep getting a rep. I would rather not talk to someone.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: Qantas
Originally Posted by mileshound
Which is the number to apply via the automated system? I keep getting a rep. I would rather not talk to someone.
I checked a few times for this, but was told each time that I had to speak to someone. It does take a while, so leave at least 40 minutes for the application.

Originally Posted by maulah
Pardon my ignorance but is this offer for the people with status or just any one on the street. If indeed for anyone than what is the number to call as the web site has just the regular application without any contact number?

This offer is for ANYONE who rings up UA and asks for it.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 13, 2010 at 3:26 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Pinkmoose
I checked a few times for this, but was told each time that I had to speak to someone. It does take a while, so leave at least 40 minutes for the application.
FWIW, I was done in 18 minutes, including time it took to get through the IVR and a few minutes waiting for an agent.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by Pinkmoose
I talked to a nice girl named Sue in India. As I hung up my phone, I noticed that I was on the call for a total of 11 min 32 secs, including the time it too her to verify with a manager that I would get my points even though I already have a card.

The longest part of the process was when she had to read all the T&Cs of the program and all the various intest rates and penalties. I simply put the phone on speaker and played on the computer.

At one point, she read a T&C which said "If you already have a card, you may not be eligible to receive the bonus miles." That's when I had her ask her manager ... and the manager said they have that in the T&C, but the miles will be credited.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:46 pm

Does anyone know what CREDIT BUREAU they pull from?

I've got a bunch of recent pulls from Experian, so I'm hoping it's Equifax or TransUnion.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by kevinsac
I talked to a nice girl named Sue in India. As I hung up my phone, I noticed that I was on the call for a total of 11 min 32 secs, including the time it too her to verify with a manager that I would get my points even though I already have a card.
Which flavor of card do you currently have? I know at one time, Chase would give bonus miles for each flavor of card - but only once per flavor.

Wondering if this is still the case.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by deant
Which flavor of card do you currently have? I know at one time, Chase would give bonus miles for each flavor of card - but only once per flavor.

Wondering if this is still the case.
Signed up multiple times for United Mileage plus card. Once was denied, I think because applying too soon. Last time I was approved about a month ago and already received my bonus miles even though that wasn't my first sign up for that specific card.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:04 pm
Original Member

Possibly targeted

The United Airlines website page now says "Please note: This is offer is available to select members who are original recipients of a specific direct mail or email invitation. ". But everyone so far has reported that the reps say they will receive the miles, though nobody has said that they actually received the miles. (Too early to tell.) YMWV.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by rioneo77
Does anyone know what CREDIT BUREAU they pull from?

I've got a bunch of recent pulls from Experian, so I'm hoping it's Equifax or TransUnion.
It's Equifax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.