Anybody NOT doing the Great Offer...

Old Jun 24, 03, 8:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Chicago, IL - UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Anybody NOT doing the Great Offer...

I already made 1K-P (OnTrack) and will have 1K in the bag in another month or so.

I submitted my form to get the luggage tags.

What else is in it for me? Besides the warm fuzzy of seeing additional EQM's in my mileage summary.

[This message has been edited by hayesa (edited 06-25-2003).]
Old Jun 24, 03, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well...you have the possibility of earning another 20,000 (2,000 x 10) redeemable miles (good towards normal mileage redemptions) if you can fly 10 more segments in the qualifying time period, than you did in the first quarter of this year.

But if you're like me and because of extremely loyal and heavy activity in the first quarter, you don't stand a chance of matching in the qualifying period...you're pretty much left out in the cold with a pair of cheesy luggage tags and that's all folk's.
Old Jun 24, 03, 10:16 pm

I'm in the same boat as PremEx. Flew way too many segments in Q1.
Old Jun 24, 03, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Same deal for me.

Greg
Old Jun 24, 03, 10:27 pm

Location: UA 1K 3MM, UA 1P/1K since mid '80s; CO Bronze/Silver since mid 80's, Austin, Texas
I haven't signed up yet. Most likely I will by the cutoff date to get a few "insurance" status miles that I probably won't need. I'm trying to gather up some statements from AA, NW or DL. I rarely fly anything but UA and CO. United marketing has already done its job with me I guess.

My first quarter is always my biggest. I had planned for some time to fly lightly this summer. A few thousand more UA miles was not enough to get me to change plans.

[This message has been edited by WayMaker (edited 06-24-2003).]
Old Jun 24, 03, 11:36 pm

Me. I flew 37 Q1 segments, and I already requalified for 1K, so this offer is not useful to me.

------------------
When once you have experienced being a 1K, you will forever fly the friendly skies with your eyes set on 100% mileage bonus and SWUs, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return, every year!
Old Jun 24, 03, 11:37 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
No one outside the US is eligible.
Old Jun 25, 03, 12:44 am

Does anybody know what the number of segments is that gets you to 1K? I'm thinking that it's 60, based on inferences of posts from other threads, but am not sure. If there truly is a number of segs for 1K, I'd appreciate somebody enlightening me.

Regards

------------------
AAExecPlat; Lifetime AAirpass; 3MillMiles; UApremier-PassPlus
Old Jun 25, 03, 12:53 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FullFare:
Does anybody know what the number of segments is that gets you to 1K? I'm thinking that it's 60, based on inferences of posts from other threads, but am not sure. If there truly is a number of segs for 1K, I'd appreciate somebody enlightening me.

Regards

</font>
It's 100 segments to get 1K, 60 segments for Premier Executive and 30 segments for Premier.

------------------
When once you have experienced being a 1K, you will forever fly the friendly skies with your eyes set on 100% mileage bonus and SWUs, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return, every year!
Old Jun 25, 03, 6:45 am

I'm not doing the flying part. I registered for the luggage tags and I am still debating the faxing of competitor statements(I think I will send in an HP and CO statement with very little activity).
I will be ****ed if I try and find a V fare mileage run to rack up segments;I don't have the time. I am better off just buying a cheap fare to South America or Asia if I want miles and status.
I am also at 65k for the year on UA and I am really debating if 1K will be worth it next year since I am unsure as to what the benefits will be like. I currently have flown 60k on CX and I really enjoy flying them. I think that much of my Asian travel for the rest of this year may be on them since they are more convenient to fly(time wise) than UA and *A carriers.

Instead of the great offer and fly3 with all of the stipulations and unclear rules UA should just offer 2x promos and be done with it. Everyone understands 2x and 3x miles. These other promotions are just a pain in the .... Especially when you have to read FT to understand them because UA reps have no clue.
Old Jun 25, 03, 7:59 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I signed up but I, too, refuse to hunt V segments. I probably will send in a couple of other FF statements, but I will have very little competitor activity in the applicable time frame.
Old Jun 25, 03, 8:09 am
J-H

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA EXP
I've got 12 segments in the first quarter. Since most of my flying is international, I thought I'd just collect the luggage tag and 9k EQMs.

But...I just discovered some rock bottom v-fares that yield 6 segments each...Collecting 20k EQMs on the offer is certainly better than sitting 14hrs on a flight to Asia in E-
Old Jun 25, 03, 8:28 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Collecting 20k EQMs on the offer is certainly better than sitting 14hrs on a flight to Asia in E- </font>
Well if you gotta fly to Asia then you might as well anyway or make it a mini-vacation. I just can't bear the thought of doing a local MR for segments in the USA.

I fly out of LAX so the hassle of getting back and forth to the airport, flying in and out of different hubs, eating crap food on the plane, eating crappy and expensive food in the airports is just a bit much for me.
Some people may enjoy it but I don't.

I would rather plan a 3 day trip to Asia or S America and visit friends or see something new.

Different strokes for different folks.
Old Jun 25, 03, 8:47 am

I don't have any activity on any other frequent-flier programs, so no statements to fax.
Old Jun 25, 03, 8:52 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
My 9k EQMs haven't posted, probably because I am not elite. With no 9k incentive, I'm certainly not going to try for the 2k/segment incentive.

Looks like USAir is the leading contender for my non-AA/QF biz come July.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: