Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet another fabulous day at UA-IND

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2003, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Location: IND- Views expressed by me in this forum are solely my opinion and do not reflect the opinion or policies of UA.
Yet another fabulous day at UA-IND

And, I'm not being sarcastic.

I was able to work my entire shift at the Premier/FC check-in and enjoyed myself immensely. Several travelers were surprised that I offered confirmed upgrades to them and others were surprised that I could get them to the next stop in their itin or home hours earlier without their having asked.

I didn't give away a thing, either.

FT'ers know what their Premier status and membership can, will and should do for them. However, many members do not. (Thanks to my involvement with this board, I'm learning...)

One customer had over 30 500-mile certs in his acct and over 200,000 miles accrued. I simply asked him if he was saving them for a special occasion and, if not, why not treat himself from IND-ORD-SFO confirmed in FC? He didn't know he had that many banked.

Another customer was booked full-fare Y and never even asked if there were earlier flights although he arrived at the airport almost 4 hrs early for his scheduled flight. He was a new Premier and didn't even know that he had 4 500-mile certs in his E-acct. He was booked IND-ORD-DEN and I rebooked him (with his agreement) on the IND-DEN non-stop in FC (2 500-mile certs he didn't even know he had) and got him to his hotel many hours earlier than scheduled and hassle-free. Fresh and more relaxed for his 9am meeting the next morning.

I LOVE days like this at work!
Old Jun 17, 2003, 8:33 pm
Community Director Emerita

Will you come and work every flight I fly, Jana? I LOVE your attitude, your sense of joy, and the attention you give your passengers. Way to go, Jana!!
Old Jun 17, 2003, 8:34 pm

Great post, Jana.

I think the best CSRs are the ones who actually seem like they are genuinely interested in helping the passenger out and will go to great lengths to be proactive, anticipate reactions, and in general, just be more interested in their job. Too many, too often, just treat it as a way to pay their bills. However, I would not be at all surprised if a CSR's day is made better if their attitude about it all changed.

------------------
When once you have experienced being a 1K, you will forever fly the friendly skies with your eyes set on 100% mileage bonus and SWUs, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return, every year!
Old Jun 17, 2003, 10:25 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
****JANA FOR PRESIDENT****

------------------
"I just wanna wish you good luck, we're all counting on you"
-Dr. Rumack
Old Jun 18, 2003, 2:42 am

President? UA needs her more than the country. Jana for CEO!

goodo
Old Jun 18, 2003, 4:25 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by g_leyser:
****JANA FOR PRESIDENT****

</font>
Seconded! Jana, I wish you were working all of my flights!

------------------
Latitudes.

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilisation, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints.
Robert Louis Stevenson (1850–1894)
Old Jun 18, 2003, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Jana, you should send your note into the company newsletter. It would be wonderful if every agent had such an attitude.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 8:35 am

Can you move to Denver?
Old Jun 18, 2003, 8:53 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Great job, Jana! You are fantastic.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 8:54 am
Original Member

Old Jun 18, 2003, 9:25 am

Programs: Many
We need to clone Jana
Old Jun 18, 2003, 9:56 am

I keep flying through IND and looking at nametags so I can thank Jana for being such a wonderful help........haven't found her yet but sure have gotten some strange looks
Old Jun 18, 2003, 10:49 am

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by goodo:
President? UA needs her more than the country. Jana for CEO!

goodo
</font>
I respectfully disagree.

As perilous a position as UA might be in, the country is in much worse shape at the moment! When's the election?

Old Jun 18, 2003, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DIAFlyer:
Can you move to Denver?</font>
NOOOOOO!!!!! We won't let her go!!!! However, if you can figure out how to clone her.... (HI Jana -- sorry I missed you the last two weekends!)
Old Jun 18, 2003, 3:40 pm

Want to see pax glow? Tell someone holding a BUA ticket (or heaven forbid a YUA ticket) in relevant connecting markets that an "A" fare is available for not a penny more. These "upgrades" can be done without any certs (and could have been done in advance if the customer/agency/reservations had been paying attention.) There are a number of these markets out there, but reservations will happily book passengers in economy (at the same fare as FC) unless the passenger specifically asks for FC. Worse still, when pax ask to "upgrade" in such a situation they may get hit for certs unless they ask for an "A" fare by name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.