Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Using United miles to upgrade on Continental Micronesia (a Star Alliance partner)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using United miles to upgrade on Continental Micronesia (a Star Alliance partner)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus

Looking on planning a trip to Palau, Micronesia at the end of the year. I am a United Plus member with about 50k miles to work with. I know that Continental is part of the Star Alliance but does that mean I can use my miles to upgrade to business or first class on Continental or Continental Micronesia? When Continental just joined Star Alliance you could only acrew miles on their flights, not use miles to upgrade but I've read some of the websites for Continental and now it says otherwise but does not specify if that's the case for Continental Micronesia.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ewaiea
Looking on planning a trip to Palau, Micronesia at the end of the year.....
It should work. However, you should consider if it is worth $1600+ for a B fare HNL-ROR-HNL, which is the lowest upgradeable fare. There is no guarantee that you can get the upgrade even if you paid for the higher B fare.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
For CO you can do an *A upgrade with UA MP miles -- but requires Y/B fares

as far as Continental Micronesia, believe it is consider a part of CO in the same way United Express is a part of UA.
It is stated here that
A Continental Flight is any on-line air travel on Continental, Continental Micronesia, Inc., or certain flights marketed as Continental Express or Continental Connection (currently, ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., Chautauqua Airlines, Inc., Colgan Air, Inc. and Champlain Enterprises, Inc., d/b/a CommutAir) regularly scheduled service.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: Virgin Aus Platinum; UA 1K; Sofitel Platinum (A-Club); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold / Premium Club
Merged Mileage Plus/Onepass CO Micronesia Awards

Does anyone know what will be happening to the reward redemption levels on CO Mike under the merged United Airlines? If I go to redeem MP miles today -- the system wants to charge me 70K for CNS-GUM where on CO.Com Onepass the charge is only 35K (CO Mike Only). It also looks like there are great 35K economy rewards between Asia and CNS on CO Micronesia as well (including a GUM stopover). Really hoping they stick with the CO chart on this one -- so hopefully we will see cheaper redemption rates by end of year. I know no one has a crystal ball -- but wondering what others think.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: Virgin Aus Platinum; UA 1K; Sofitel Platinum (A-Club); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold / Premium Club
And for Oceania flights -- will UA MP allow for UDU??
Old Jul 16, 2010, 9:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GlobalSTL
Does anyone know what will be happening to the reward redemption levels on CO Mike under the merged United Airlines? ....
Originally Posted by GlobalSTL
And for Oceania flights -- will UA MP allow for UDU??
candidates for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...er-thread.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.