Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Santa Leaves Another Present - C+ and E+ on All 777s!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2003, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Tuesday May 6, 11:18 am ET
"We also continue to enhance the comfort of our fleet as we reconfigure our United Business class seats to a 55-inch pitch on our Boeing 777s," added Doug Hacker, Executive Vice President - Strategy. "We will complete the installation of Economy Plus in the rest of our Boeing 777s, to provide customers with more legroom during their trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific flights."</font>
[Edited to add date of quote]

[This message has been edited by SEA_Tigger (edited 05-06-2003).]
Old May 6, 2003, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this a recent quote?
Old May 6, 2003, 9:34 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SEA_Tigger:
"We also continue to enhance the comfort of our fleet as we reconfigure our United Business class seats to a 55-inch pitch on our Boeing 777s," added Doug Hacker, Executive Vice President - Strategy. "We will complete the installation of Economy Plus in the rest of our Boeing 777s, to provide customers with more legroom during their trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific flights."</font>

Since when? I'll believe it when I fly it until then exit row Transpac!
Old May 6, 2003, 9:34 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by transpac:
Is this a recent quote?</font>
Yes.. see this:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030506/cgtu047_1.html

It's in the same referenced press release as the Online Easy Check-in by end of June one in another thread.

------------------
When once you have experienced being a 1K, you will forever fly the friendly skies with your eyes set on 100% mileage bonus and SWUs, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return, every year!
Old May 6, 2003, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK thanks, it's just hard to tell how relevant it is when there's no date associated with a quote.

More seatmaps to keep track of...

CHICAGO, May 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- United Airlines (OTC Bulletin Board: UALAQ - News) today announced it will invest in exciting customer enhancements and new technology that will allow the airline to move forward with products benefiting its customers and further enhancing their airport and inflight experience.

Seat Pitch Increase in United Business Class and complete installation of Economy Plus on United's Boeing 777 Fleet:

United will increase United Business seat pitch to 55 inches from 49 inches and increase its seat recline from 12 inches to 14. The carrier also will complete the installation of United Economy Plus seating on its Boeing 777 fleet. Both projects will be complete by early 2004.

The new seat configurations on United's Boeing 777 fleet will be as follows:

777B "XI": 12 First/49 Business/83 Economy Plus/114 Economy = 258

777B "XP": 10 First/45 Business/84 Economy Plus/114 Economy = 253

[This message has been edited by transpac (edited 05-06-2003).]
Old May 6, 2003, 9:52 am
Suspended

Location: Chicago, IL - UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Well, this is great news, but I'll be honest - I spend most of my days with my rear planted in a 737 ex-Sh*ttle plane. How about we fix the E- on those too while we're at it. :-)

[This message has been edited by hayesa (edited 05-06-2003).]
Old May 6, 2003, 10:09 am

Hmm.. right now UA has 3 Worldwide 777 configs on their website - with this new configuration, looks like they're consolidating into two, is that right?

------------------
When once you have experienced being a 1K, you will forever fly the friendly skies with your eyes set on 100% mileage bonus and SWUs, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return, every year!
Old May 6, 2003, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, WN A-List, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
It looks like the XP - Pacific configured 777's with the lower lobe crew rest is going to lose 4 C seats.

After flying on one of them, I was wondering how they would space out rows 8 and 9 to increase the pitch....answer is they can't!

I imagine that row 9 A,B,H,J are the seats that are going bye-bye.

The closet that's positioned behind the center of row 9 will probably be removed and closets added behind row 8 to compensate.

Just my ideas.
Old May 6, 2003, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It's about time...why did the E+ reconfiguration take so long?

I was always surprised that on long-haul routes like LHR-LAX or SFO, as well as transpacs, you couldn't get E+. Seems to me that those are exactly the routes where you want it.

Anyone know why?
Old May 6, 2003, 10:55 am
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
Can Santa also leave $2 billion or so for United to get out of bankruptcy?

------------------
Thank you for choosing Continental Airlines, a proud member of the SkyTeam Alliance.
Old May 6, 2003, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by avek00:

</font>
Well that certainly contributes to the thread?
Old May 6, 2003, 11:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by avek00:

</font>

Maybe he can. Is that where Continental got the cash two times over?
Old May 6, 2003, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond

</font>
Perhaps he could bring you a personality as well?
Old May 6, 2003, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

</font>

Wow - so you get your inside UA info from the Elves and the Reindeers?
Old May 6, 2003, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Umm.. my interest in this thread is the indication that all 777s would get E+ & C+.

While I'll believe it when I see it - it's been awhile and we don't yet have completion dates - I presume that if they're going forward it's because they believe it offers a competitive advantage/generates net revenue.

If anyone has more information on the likelihood of the change or estimated completion times, I'd be very interested!!

FWIW, and for me personally, I'm not interested in Santa, Reindeer, Elves, of Cash Infusion Fairies unless they are directly working on the modifications to the 777s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.