The flights I'm trying to book are:

March 15
OKC-IAH-PNS
(CO 2155/2434)

March 17
GPT-IAH-OKC
(CO 2467/1704)

Total cost on continental.com: $427.30.

I know I can accrue MP miles on this flight, but I also have the Mileage Plus Chase credit card and it gives me extra miles for booking on united.com. I can find the individual segments on united.com but I can't book this trip with the segments I want. How can I do this without paying $3000 worth of individual segments?
Old Feb 28, 2010, 1:00 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by jerry_pham
The flights I'm trying to book are:

March 15
OKC-IAH-PNS
(CO 2155/2434)

March 17
GPT-IAH-OKC
(CO 2467/1704)

Total cost on continental.com: $427.30.

I know I can accrue MP miles on this flight, but I also have the Mileage Plus Chase credit card and it gives me extra miles for booking on united.com. I can find the individual segments on united.com but I can't book this trip with the segments I want. How can I do this without paying $3000 worth of individual segments?
What happened when you tried multicity? Did it give the usual error it gives me... technical error, please call? From what others have said, if you can see the segments & select them, but it fails to book them, you can call web support and book it over the phone and get your ua.com EQMs for using your credit card.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 1:10 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
For the most part, you will only be able to book codeshare flights (UA marketed/CO operated) and not native CO flight numbers on united.com. As such there is no guarantee the price will be the same as co.com.
United.com is not a "general" booking site.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 1:17 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
For the most part, you will only be able to book codeshare flights (UA marketed/CO operated) and not native CO flight numbers on united.com. As such there is no guarantee the price will be the same as co.com.
United.com is not a "general" booking site.
What's frustrating is that it will let you see and select those flights, but not actually book them (or tell you what price they'd be). If they're not going to let you book a non-codeshare non-UA flight, why show them?
Old Feb 28, 2010, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP
Thanks for all your expertise. I'm starting to think that the OKC-IAH segment isn't showing up on ua.com because it has been oversold as I cannot select seats on co.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.