Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

ua947 iad-lax 2/24/10: 777x3 with 8 out 10 lavs inop due to no water

ua947 iad-lax 2/24/10: 777x3 with 8 out 10 lavs inop due to no water

Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Goalie,

Did you get tail numbers? Curious whether it's the same one.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1k Million Miler
Goalie,
I'm on 946 on Sat. Please tell me you not on it too. You're bad luck
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:23 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by MKE-MR
Goalie,

Did you get tail numbers? Curious whether it's the same one.
no (my bad) but i would like to know how one can find out as i'm drafting a letter to ua and if it is the same a/c, then it is totally unacceptable

Originally Posted by n9536j
Goalie,
I'm on 946 on Sat. Please tell me you not on it too. You're bad luck
nope, done flying for a little bit so you're safe (least i hope so )
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
So, all the marketing stories from United managers in Hemisphere about the re-committment to maintenance, along with clean, functional aircraft is not true? Shocking.

Sarcasm aside, I'm glad the UA crew members do what they can to make customers more comfortable when the Company let's us down.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Goalie -

Tail number on 2/24 was N768UA.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by kenhawk
So, all the marketing stories from United managers in Hemisphere about the re-committment to maintenance, along with clean, functional aircraft is not true? Shocking.

Sarcasm aside, I'm glad the UA crew members do what they can to make customers more comfortable when the Company let's us down.
about yesterday's crew....rocked as did the one from last week ^ and the purser has a letter from me singing the praises of the entire crew. all the f/a names were included in the letter as was a "dig" that not only should passengers (i.e. the paying customer) have to be put in a situation like i was but employees should not have to work under conditions like that as well)

Originally Posted by OskiBear
Goalie -

Tail number on 2/24 was N768UA.
thank you ^ and how does one find this information out as i really want to know about 947 on 3/3 as if it is the same bird, my letter "aint' gonna be nice" (and for those that know me, save for the tsa , i'm all in favor of the honey vs vinegar approach when complaining so feel free to imagine what my letter will say.....)
Old Mar 4, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
The only way I know is when I am able to catch it before I board or after I land
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
How come I never luck out when I fly on UA947?

Originally Posted by n9536j
One meal choice (i.e no meal choice) has been the standard on this flight for at least 6 months.
Not in F. Two choices remain.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 7:13 pm

Programs: United 1KMM; Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
sounds awfully like the last round trip i took UA875 UA888 UA820 all had Mechnical failures/delays. Round trip to asia 4 legs, all except 1 did not have a mechanical problem

sounds like UA planes are falling apart
Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
How come I never luck out when I fly on UA947? ......
oh, something tells me you don't want this kind of luck but if you're a gamblin' man, you could roll the dice this coming wednesday and see if 947 scores a hat trick by going 3/3 on 3 straight wednesdays.......
Old Mar 5, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL NWA UA
I was at LAX last nite; UA44 to IAD was delayed b/c of broken compressor, no water (they announced it). They delayed boarding UA684 because they were considering swapping planes and using the 684 bird for the IAD flight.

UA.com lists flt 44 left LAX at 1:24am (vs 10:45pm scheduled)...wonder if they brought another 767 down from SFO or something....otherwise I wonder if this was all the same plane from previous posts.

Lastly, geez these UA 767's look old inside! Still the old inseat phones, small overhead bins....
Old Mar 6, 2010, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FL2009
I was at LAX last nite; UA44 to IAD was delayed b/c of broken compressor, no water (they announced it). They delayed boarding UA684 because they were considering swapping planes and using the 684 bird for the IAD flight.

UA.com lists flt 44 left LAX at 1:24am (vs 10:45pm scheduled)...wonder if they brought another 767 down from SFO or something....otherwise I wonder if this was all the same plane from previous posts.

Lastly, geez these UA 767's look old inside! Still the old inseat phones, small overhead bins....
emphasis mine: my aircraft in both situations was a 777x7 (aka 3 cabin 777) so your 67 was (unfortunately) a different sick bird
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:31 pm

Programs: Nothing much anymore.
Originally Posted by goalie
oh, something tells me you don't want this kind of luck but if you're a gamblin' man, you could roll the dice this coming wednesday and see if 947 scores a hat trick by going 3/3 on 3 straight wednesdays.......
Hat trick accomplished. There was no hot water (so no coffee, tea, etc.) available on tonight's flight. Apology certificates were handed out before departure.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benny248
Hat trick accomplished. There was no hot water (so no coffee, tea, etc.) available on tonight's flight. Apology certificates were handed out before departure.
947 strikes again <sheesh> was it just hot water and did it affect all galleys or just some? how about inop lavs as well and did you by any chance get the tail number?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same flight last week in C-class: They ran out of Red Wine, right after dinner service, as I had just a single glass. Asked for some from Y, was told it was all gone too. Not the end of the world, but still somewhat surprised.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.