Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What should we call people who made 1K

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2003, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 100K:
Since most people are getting to 1K with the help of a company credit card, there is no accomplishment or tier of accomplishment that should be felt.</font>
I would say most 1Ks who qualified the "real way" are getting the help of a corporate credit card. Those who are taking advantage of the extension opportunity are probably paying with their own MP Visa. Just a hunch.
Old Apr 16, 2003, 11:42 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Naive...?
Old Apr 17, 2003, 12:30 am

Programs: The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the airlines I worked for.
Seems to me that those who used the Extension qualify for the Smart label. Two of my friends (leisure travel only) have 2P status and are now flying United very loyally because of this.
Old Apr 17, 2003, 12:45 am

Programs: UA Plat., 1.52 MM
Originally posted by leisuresmiles:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">even the D student from the Caribbean Medical school has the right to call him/herself Doctor. </font>
The Carribean medical school graduate has to pass the same licensure exams in the US as the Harvard medical school graduate in order to get a license. Its UA that sets the rules and defines the passing grade of 1K and its UA that awards amplified or LITE 1K benefits.

[This message has been edited by Intrepid (edited 04-17-2003).]
Old Apr 17, 2003, 1:26 am

Programs: BD / BA / AF
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by debua1k:
I know that this is probably somewhere else on the discussion boards, but could someone tell me exactly what a 1K Lite is? Is it someone who is comped? Someone who qualifies based on Mileage Runs? Someone who qualifies based on segments? or.....</font>
Maybe we should call them 1K Late?

[This message has been edited by MatthewClement (edited 04-17-2003).]
Old Apr 17, 2003, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

Old Apr 17, 2003, 5:31 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gordongecko:
Dude seriously, get a life. Why are everyone so upset about people getting 1K status the "easy way"? Those people are not doing anything wrong per se. This labeling thing is ridiculous. </font>
I was wondering whether I'd catch anyone on this... in fact I had only 67K miles during the calendar year and took a bunch of transtlantic trips to make 1K myself

I like "1K Late" the best so far.
Old Apr 17, 2003, 7:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:

</font>
. . . or, .8K + $25
Old Apr 17, 2003, 8:37 am
Suspended

Who cares. Yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda! The computer sees all 1K's as equal anyway. Kind of American isn't it.
Old Apr 17, 2003, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Not again! Well, my voice is in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum50/HTML/016445.html
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Actually I think this thread proves we all have too much time on our hands if we're trying to figure out what to call 1Kers (other than 1Kers)

------------------
Sharon

Or rather the computer sees all 1Ks as inferior to UGS anyway.

In fact it would be more fun to discuss what we should call 1Ks who were not invited to UGS.

1K Riff-raff?
1K cheapskates?
1K bottom-feeders?
1K parasites?

Old Apr 17, 2003, 9:34 am
Suspended

Sounds like a pissing contest to me. I hope you win so you can finally feel like a winner.

In fact it would be more fun to discuss what we should call 1Ks who were not invited to UGS.

1K Riff-raff?
1K cheapskates?
1K bottom-feeders?
1K parasites?

Old Apr 17, 2003, 9:46 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Brasilia:
Sounds like a pissing contest to me. I hope you win so you can finally feel like a winner.
</font>
Easy there fella, I am not a UGS to "win" anything. It was a sarcastic post.

"There is always a bigger fish ..."
Old Apr 17, 2003, 10:22 am

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
Since I re-qualified for 2003 1K in May 2002 I think the term 'Moron' would be appropriate.

I should have stopped at 50K, kept PE (which is basically what 1K now is with an extra maximum of 14 North American upgrades good on any fare) and sent the extra 75K+ flight miles to CO/NW (on which I seem to run upgrades on about 95% of my flights on as a lowly NW Gold).

I won't make this mistake again...UA got around 40K from me before the SWU changes were public...They'll get enough to keep PE this year...but not much more - 1K just isn't worth it when I can be sitting in F on CO/NW almost all the time.

Fool me once shame on you - fool me twice...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.