Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO Seat Disaster

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mander
Missed opportunity. At 6'3" I do and even in E- on UA. When you got to go you got to go. Disaster
Not a disaster, just bad judgment by the OP. I won't buy a ticket before checking to see what seating is left, at least not on any flight more than 2 hours or to an airport that is notorious for ground holds (like EWR). I recently flew ORD-IAH-SFO on CO because UA only had E- middles available on ORD-SFO. If it is as important to the OP as it is to me, the OP would do the same.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
This 1K flew CO today in a middle... it did suck but it wasn't a disaster. Lesson learned: next time I'll fly UA
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G
"Disaster" = obvious exaggeration. Lo siento. Thanks for the advice!
Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:16 am

Programs: UA, AA, CO
Originally Posted by cl.lurker
Disaster??

Really??
I thought perhaps the seat flew out a window midair.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Best Advice is to wait until the summer when the new upgrades and access to better seating comes out....
But I agree... it is not a disaster.. but makes you appreciate the elite status on United... but as many posters said, you can get a better seat closer to the flight.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:05 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
So, check co.com at 24 hours, 3 hour, then 1 hour prior to departure to see if any elites have been moved up to F.
Only if you haven't ckecked in already at the 3 hour and one hour window, as you cannot change your seat within 24 hours of flying, certainly not on CO.

You can ask at the airport though.

EmailKid
Old Feb 13, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by emailkid
Only if you haven't ckecked in already at the 3 hour and one hour window, as you cannot change your seat within 24 hours of flying, certainly not on CO.

You can ask at the airport though.

EmailKid
Why only if you haven't checked in? Check in, go back to the checkin screen later, change your seat, and get a new BP. In fact, I did it just last week using pda.continental.com and had my new BP emailed to me without ever pulling out a computer or leaving the gate ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.