Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

February 2010 East Coast Snowstorms and Impact to UA's Operations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

February 2010 East Coast Snowstorms and Impact to UA's Operations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Alas, rescheduled travel must be completed within seven days of the original travel date. I was ready to boot to March. And, we're expecting a second snowstorm mid-week (9 Feb).

Aye, stuck on stupid, United is.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by chrisw
I have a flight on Friday on UA metal / CO flight number. Does this travel waiver apply to me? Can UA rebook me if I call? My flight has (obviously) not yet been cancelled.

(IIRC, usually with a code share before departure you'd need to call the marketing carrier -- in this case CO.)
UA sold you the ticket (hence the UA flight number).

As long as the flight transits one of the areas listed in the Travel Waiver, you should be re-accommodated no problem.

Just call UA reservations QUICK before the telephone lines get swamped.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by warreng24
UA sold you the ticket (hence the UA flight number).

As long as the flight transits one of the areas listed in the Travel Waiver, you should be re-accommodated no problem.

Just call UA reservations QUICK before the telephone lines get swamped.
I have a CO flight number.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 3:06 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Originally Posted by goalie
do i roll the dice?

same day turn and burn sfo-jfk-sfo on ua6/863 with all u/g's confirmed

ua6 7:16am->3:33pm
ua863: 5:15pm->9:02pm (same a/c as ua6)

i'm gonna be checking my itins multiple times daily between now and saturday morning but where it is simply a m/r what would you do?
Go, and hope for something to get rebooked into full Y.
two problems.....
  1. re-route where? or are you going along the lines that i make ti to jfk and then get re-routed? (tho if i do make it to jfk, could prove for a lucrative bump opportunity )
  2. what eng8ge says below as that's not a lot of time to do a re-book and find u/g space available

Originally Posted by eng8ge
Alas, rescheduled travel must be completed within seven days of the original travel date. I was ready to boot to March. And, we're expecting a second snowstorm mid-week (9 Feb).

Aye, stuck on stupid, United is.
feh
Old Feb 3, 2010, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
two problems.....
  1. re-route where? or are you going along the lines that i make ti to jfk and then get re-routed? (tho if i do make it to jfk, could prove for a lucrative bump opportunity )
  2. what eng8ge says below as that's not a lot of time to do a re-book and find u/g space available

feh
I am on UA15 JFK-SFO coming from IAD with only a 40 min connection on Saturday. I want to keep my PS C seat. Any creative ideas flying from MCO? Would UA pay for my hotel in JFK if I left the night before? (I am 99% a delay, misconnect or cxl will otherwise result...)
Old Feb 3, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
This storm is NOT supposed to be ANYTHING major for NYC at all. Maybe warning level snow, which is 3-4 inches. ACY and south will get hit, but NY should be ok with just some delays...I know UA put us in the waiver, but if you read the forcasts right now its expected to go south of us.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I have a flight on Friday on UA metal / CO flight number. Does this travel waiver apply to me? Can UA rebook me if I call? My flight has (obviously) not yet been cancelled.

(IIRC, usually with a code share before departure you'd need to call the marketing carrier -- in this case CO.)

I have the same situation. 1K desk said that CO would have to rebook. As a 30min ago, CO has not issured a travel waiver hence no rebooking, yet.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
I have a CO flight number.
Oops my bad. I read it wrong. Thought it said UA codeshare / CO metal.

Call up UA and ask. Worst case is that they say no.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 4:25 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Go, and hope for something to get rebooked into full Y.
You should add "that gets upgraded to C or F". Sitting in Y on a ps flight (well, any flight) sucks.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 4:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Just called and got rebooked on the earlier flight IAD-CLE. Was priced at $740, I paid 94 for the efare and got it changed for free. Love it!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
I had LGA-DEN-LAX flight on Sunday and really wanted a direct to get home earlier so with the waiver, they were able to put me on a direct so now I can use a CR-1 to upgrade plus apparently the fare is cheaper than the one I paid so I get a voucher back!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: United Airlines
Better not mess up my plans

Called to see if they would let me switch from LGA > DEN to HPN > ORD > DEN and it was veto'd...I really want to get home!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by United737522
I am on UA15 JFK-SFO coming from IAD with only a 40 min connection on Saturday. I want to keep my PS C seat. Any creative ideas flying from MCO? Would UA pay for my hotel in JFK if I left the night before? (I am 99% a delay, misconnect or cxl will otherwise result...)
I'm on UA 15 on Saturday as well in C. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
You should add "that gets upgraded to C or F". Sitting in Y on a ps flight (well, any flight) sucks.
I should have, but as someone very scared about EQM earning possibilities this year, I would sit in PS Y if it meant I was getting 50% CoS bonus.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: SSSS Preferred, UA 1K
I'm booked on an IAD r/t, out on Feb 4, back on Feb 9. My wife and kids are on an award IAD r/t, out on Feb 6, returning with me on Feb 9.

If the weather looks too bad, or if UA cancels their flight, we'll just abandon their trip and have the award miles credited back to my account. If that happens, I'd like to return on Feb 7.

Since my trip straddles the Feb 3-7 window, with my return being outside of it, could I still make a change to the return? Logically UA wouldn't want you booking into the window, but my read of the waiver says that if I request the change while I'm already en route, I just need to fly within the 7 days (which leaving early would be).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.