Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United Express - UA 7752 - who operates this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

I had a bad experience on this flight, ORD-YYZ, and wondered if anyone knows which regional airline operates this one and who I write to?

Seated in First, with 1 pilot and 3 FA's all deadheading, and all they did was complain about their bonuses with the working flight attendant, who said "The company is going to get from me what they pay for - nothing" right in front of me. Not impressed.

Thanks
V.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:12 pm

Your itinerary on united.com should show who the flight was operated by.

According to flightware.com, 7752 was last used four weeks ago, so not sure that's right. (Though going by that four weeks ago flight, generally UAX E-170's are Shuttle America)
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by Vaab
I had a bad experience on this flight, ORD-YYZ, and wondered if anyone knows which regional airline operates this one and who I write to?

Seated in First, with 1 pilot and 3 FA's all deadheading, and all they did was complain about their bonuses with the working flight attendant, who said "The company is going to get from me what they pay for - nothing" right in front of me. Not impressed.

Thanks
V.
Wikipedia gives flight number ranges for express carriers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Express

Can't vouch for the accuracy.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
According to the PDF timetable, flight 7752 should be operated by ExpressJet.

Originally Posted by MLRoach
Wikipedia gives flight number ranges for express carriers:
Can't vouch for the accuracy.
It's waaaaay out of date.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:35 pm
Used to be PWMRamper

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Looks about right actually.

And if you were on an E170 its Shuttle America, no doubt. They're the only ones that fly the 170 for United.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:36 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
If the aircraft was an E-170 and indeed had a 77XX flight number, then it was operated by Shuttle America.

If it was a CR7 it was likely GoJet. I believe those are the only airlines operating the ORD-YYZ route (for now).
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Actually, I was on 7752 on New Years day. It's definitely operated by Shuttle America.

Not sure about those deadheading, but if you're complaint is about the working FA, you'd probably want to lodge the complaint with Shuttle America. The FA working that flight is hired by, paid by, trained by and given benefits through the operating carrier, not UA. UA just contracts out the service to Shuttle America.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:37 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Do you know what company the people in F worked for as well? UA and it's express partners 9as well as other airlines) will deadhead crews on other airlines as well vs cncl a flight that has no crew.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:04 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Marriott Silver, many others
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Actually, I was on 7752 on New Years day. It's definitely operated by Shuttle America.

Not sure about those deadheading, but if you're complaint is about the working FA, you'd probably want to lodge the complaint with Shuttle America. The FA working that flight is hired by, paid by, trained by and given benefits through the operating carrier, not UA. UA just contracts out the service to Shuttle America.
I'd still lodge the complaint with UA, as well. As far as I'm concerned, as a customer, the company I contract with (UA) is 100% for the performance of their subcontractors. This is the way it works in any other line of business; the airlines shouldn't be any different.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Complain to both, this should not be acceptable
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by emcampbe

That is not what I would do. United sold you the flight, the plane you flew on had United painted on the side, so that is where I would lodge my complaint.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
That is not what I would do. United sold you the flight, the plane you flew on had United painted on the side, so that is where I would lodge my complaint.
I was told by 1K Voice that they forward complaints made about UA Express to the appropriate carrier. So you are correct good sir.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
According to the PDF timetable, flight 7752 should be operated by ExpressJet.

It's waaaaay out of date.
I believe the adjustment to flight range numbers on the UA pdf timetable notes the ExpressJet range 7775-7804.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Complain to both, this should not be acceptable
+1

Frontline employees airing out their beef with management in front of customers is ridiculous
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Wrote to both Republic and United, and received apology letters from both. United included a voucher for future travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.