American Airlines Sucks...Go UA Go!

Old Mar 4, 03, 9:58 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kokonutz:
The polite response is pity, not scorn. But I suppose it IS easier to be reactionary then thoughtful. Alas.
</font>
It would have taken the thoughts of the ages to discern anything other than ranting AA-bashing in that original post.

BUT, if it's pity you're after why on Earth didn't you say so? Here, take two, they're small...

Old Mar 5, 03, 1:32 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ClueByFour:
All Airlines Suck. Some just suck less than others.
</font>
You made my night. Well, that and koko's pejorative comment about my least favorite airport...

But I do have to say that AA sent me a nice gold card yesterday, even apologizing to me that I didn't make Platinum even though I haven't flown them for something like 7 years... I did have a little AA warm fuzzy tho.
Old Mar 5, 03, 7:08 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Not gonna happen, my friend. AA has two delightful poster children, UA and US, to help them wring concessions out of their unions.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
Wait until AA is in Chapter 11 (pretty soon is my guess) and also makes all your 8 x VIPOWs useless, and THEN watch the alleged happy tone of the posts over there change pal.

</font>
Old Mar 5, 03, 7:17 am
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cawhite60156:
I feel exactly the same about STL...not to mention I've not only been gate-raped there twice, but both times was pulled from a sitting position for it before they even started boarding the plane!</font>
You must be very beautiful. Sunday night I was in Ft. Lauderdale Airport, waiting for my Delta Connection flight to Orlando. The TSA gate-rapers (two thug-like young men and an obese older woman) looked out at the assembled multitudes and -- lo and behold -- "selected" for search TWO young, thin, attractive women (girls, almost). I commented to the guy sitting next to me how grotesque that was, and he agreed. No men were slected to my knowledge (but I boarded before they were done, so I can't be sure).

Our tax dollars at waste.

Bruce
Old Mar 5, 03, 8:13 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">It would have taken the thoughts of the ages to discern anything other than ranting AA-bashing in that original post.</font>
1) STL is an old, cramped, dark and dirty airport. The only thing this has to do with AA is that AA has chosen to maintain a hub there.

2) AA's fleet includes some very old, dirty decrepit mainline jets (including Fokkers, MDs and A300s) that:
a) lack underseat storage and/or
b) lack power supply and/or
c) lack audio entertainment

3) I do not wish to be forced to switch to AA so hope UA survives.

Thank you for the compliment! Who needs a clue when one has the thoughts of the ages!

And thank you also for your pity. Clearly many think AA is the lesser of two evils. I certainly hope that those who feel that way never have to contemplate the potential bleakness of being forced by corporate officer mismanagment to fly UA.
Old Mar 5, 03, 8:57 am

I have never had the great overall experience at AA that I get at UA, but then again I have never had a bad experience at AA. That is a lot more than I can say for CO, DL, and NW. How funny these slum airlines are in an alliance now. To me AA is a pretty good alternative to UA for many routes. The problem is going deeper into Asia. If the dreadful day ever comes for UA, I hope AA gets their NRT rights because I dread the thought of more crappy NWA narrowbodies and surly service, or DL or CO and their own slum.

And about teh old Super 80... I do not think it is much worse than Shuttle planes, and certainly a lot better than a RJ. I do think that LGA to DFW is way too far to be using these things, but I do not think it would be that bad for shorter flights from a hub as opposed to an ERJ or CRJ, or even some point to point non hub traffic. Also MRTC is great (not as nice as E+ if you prebook and keep your assignment) if you get bumped and end up in a middle seat in the back. Coach is just dreadful on DL.

Basically I see AA and UA as being about the same quality full service airline. To me DL and US are the next level down. SWA and JB are next down. Then CO, NW, Hooters, and the others. I have flown and continue to fly most of these so my experiences are based on more than just a random bad experience.
Old Mar 5, 03, 9:15 am

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
Not gonna happen, my friend. AA has two delightful poster children, UA and US, to help them wring concessions out of their unions. </font>
AA also has the 'AAdvantage' of competent management in charge of this 'wringing' - something UA hasn't had since Mr. Ferris left the property...

Old Mar 5, 03, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
You must be very beautiful. Sunday night I was in Ft. Lauderdale Airport, waiting for my Delta Connection flight to Orlando. The TSA gate-rapers (two thug-like young men and an obese older woman) looked out at the assembled multitudes and -- lo and behold -- "selected" for search TWO young, thin, attractive women (girls, almost). I commented to the guy sitting next to me how grotesque that was, and he agreed. No men were slected to my knowledge (but I boarded before they were done, so I can't be sure).

Our tax dollars at waste.

Bruce
</font>
Bwahahahahaha!!!! Bruce, you should've warned us with a note at the beginning of your post to not be consuming a beverage at time of reading! Now that I've had time to clean the water off my monitor....

I definitely would NOT use the word beautiful to describe myself, nor do I think anyone else would! Cori -- where are you...she can back me up on this!

Frankly I think I just fit that terrorist profile...5'6" woman with blue eyes & sorta blonde hair, usually in a business suit or else jeans/khakis & a sweater!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: