Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Waitlisting multiple flights (different days) for same CR1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2010, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)

I tried to figure out the answer to this question by searching existing threads, but failed. Here's the situation:

Right now I have two unused CR1s. I have three upcoming flights (all on different days) on which I might use them. So far I have requested upgrades on flight #2 and on flight #3. The upgrade on flight #2 (p.s., yay!) has cleared. The upgrade on flight #3 is still waitlisted. I have not requested an upgrade on flight #1.

On .bomb, my upgrade balance page shows 0 CR1s available.

Two questions:

Can I, despite this displayed balance of 0, nonetheless waitlist to use a CR1 on flight #1? I figure this might be possible, and that whichever clears first would be the one I'd get.

If the upgrade for flight #3 clears, can I cancel the upgrade, say 120 hours before departure? (the reason I might do this is that I owe someone a CR1 down the road, and this might be the one I'll keep on hand for him).
Old Jan 27, 2010, 4:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by endrond
Can I, despite this displayed balance of 0, nonetheless waitlist to use a CR1 on flight #1? I figure this might be possible, and that whichever clears first would be the one I'd get. ...
No
Originally Posted by endrond
If the upgrade for flight #3 clears, can I cancel the upgrade, say 120 hours before departure? (the reason I might do this is that I owe someone a CR1 down the road, and this might be the one I'll keep on hand for him).
You can cancel a cleared upgrade in advance only if the same fare class is still available or day of flight an economy seat is available
Old Jan 27, 2010, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
Thanks for the answers -- I appreciate it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.