FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Elite Qualification -- when does it sweep? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/104051-elite-qualification-when-does-sweep.html)

crazycrab955 Feb 3, 2003 11:36 am

Elite Qualification -- when does it sweep?

I know this was discussed at some length a few weeks back, but it is now February and the talked-about monthly sweeps should have happened over the weekend and theoretically bumped up those of us who took advantage of Elite Qualification and attained 1P (or requalified) with flights in January.

Anyone have any insight as to when this status change will actually occur? I'm not seeing a change on UAL.com. Might the sweep occur at another time for this?

Thanks!

kluau88 Feb 3, 2003 11:38 am

The system just swept last night for my friend. He qualified for 2P with the extension.

Edited to add: The qualifying flights which pushed him over the top were during the 1st week of January.

[This message has been edited by kluau88 (edited 02-03-2003).]

crazycrab955 Feb 3, 2003 11:44 am

Actually, posting this must've sent some telepathic message to MP operations! I just checked the site again and it looks like the change was processed and I now show as a 1P. I called MP just now as well and they said the result of the sweep is just now propagating through the computer systems.

She also gave a bit of advice for those of us with existing itineraries who wish to have the new status reflected: Wait about 72 hours after your new status is shown in MP before calling reservations to remove and replace your MP# on the reservation. It can take up to 72 hours for the change to be reflected across all of the systems. Good to know.

ualisthebst Feb 3, 2003 12:44 pm

crazycrab955-
Thanks for the post, I just checked my account on ual.com and it must have been updated in the past few hours or so because this morning I was just a 'general member' and this afternoon I a premier. This is my first time making elite status with any airline, let's hope UA stays around so we can enjoy the benefits.
Congratulations.
-Ualisthebst

John26 Feb 3, 2003 3:49 pm

Some of you qualified in early January for this promotion but didn't get the status upgrade until now. Assuming you flew between then and now, I'm curious - did anyone receive an elite mileage bonus (25% or 100%, as the case may be) for flights that took place after your "promotion qualifying" flight?

Q Banker Feb 5, 2003 1:50 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by John26:
Some of you qualified in early January for this promotion but didn't get the status upgrade until now. Assuming you flew between then and now, I'm curious - did anyone receive an elite mileage bonus (25% or 100%, as the case may be) for flights that took place after your "promotion qualifying" flight? </font>
The status will be retroactive to the date of the qualifying flight. All subsequent flights will get the 2P or 1P bonus. It might take a week or so for the extra miles to show up in your account.

John26 Feb 5, 2003 2:03 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Q Banker:
The status will be retroactive to the date of the qualifying flight. All subsequent flights will get the 2P or 1P bonus. It might take a week or so for the extra miles to show up in your account.</font>
Thanks for posting this helpful info! I'll qualify after arriving in SIN and wasn't sure if I'd get 25% on the flights home or the 100%.

BTW, 99% of the time I call Mileage Plus, you folks are really wonderful to speak with. Please let your colleagues know - you deserve to hear it!