FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Got my SWUs. Does it mean I am UGS again for 2010? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/1037867-got-my-swus-does-mean-i-am-ugs-again-2010-a.html)

eratosthaenes Jan 10, 2010 7:24 am

Got my SWUs. Does it mean I am UGS again for 2010?

I was global svcs in 2009 but only flew 30k of the UGS automatic requalifying miles and 75k eqm's in 2009. But my dot bomb page still says global Services, and I just noticed 6 SWUs added to my account in recent days.

Is it possible I requalified and they haven't invited me yet? Is there hope?

(btw, my home airport is ORD)

RobotDoctor Jan 10, 2010 8:24 am

Your account will say you are GS until the end of January at the very least. If you were GS in 2009 and did not make it in 2010, UA could have granted you a soft bump to 1K, regardless of how many miles you flown. This happened to me in 2007 when I flew around 8K BIS/EQMs after being GS 1K in 2006. At the very least, call the GS call center. They can confirm your 2010 status.

RoadWeary Jan 10, 2010 8:58 am

Got my swus also, but also only flew around 75K. I am thankful, as it looks like my travel will go back up in 2010... Hope its not a mistake and the SWU's disappear...

CCIE_Flyer Jan 10, 2010 11:17 am

It will be interesting to see if United looks the other way this year for its GS members. In a normal year, they'd drop you like a hot rock after logging only 30k miles. But as RobotDoc said, they will soft land you to 1K for a year regardless. When I was downgraded from GS, I think I only flew around 5K miles but still maintained 1K the following year...

mikel51 Jan 10, 2010 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by eratosthaenes (Post 13150968)
I was global svcs in 2009 but only flew 30k of the UGS automatic requalifying miles and 75k eqm's in 2009. But my dot bomb page still says global Services, and I just noticed 6 SWUs added to my account in recent days.

Do GS get 10 SWUs? If so, this would indicate a soft landing to 1K.

PTahCha Jan 10, 2010 7:40 pm

Umm no. Unless they're also MM or flown over 200K EQM.

RobotDoctor Jan 10, 2010 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by mikel51 (Post 13154343)
Do GS get 10 SWUs? If so, this would indicate a soft landing to 1K.

The three years I was GS I received the same number of SWUs I would have as a 1K (which I also was).

eratosthaenes Jan 14, 2010 11:23 am

update: no joy -- kicked out of GS but thankful for a soft landing to 1k

Originally Posted by eratosthaenes (Post 13150968)

I got a letter the other day informing me that my golden days of UGS are over (for now) but that I was granted a soft landing to 1k despite flying 75k eqms. Beats a poke in the eye. And, UA was gracious enough to extend the expiration of one of my 2 swus were to expire at the end of Jan along with my UGS halo. not bad overall.