Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outstanding employee refuses compliment!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Outstanding employee refuses compliment!

Last night I received very professional, quick service from an agent at the MP desk. Finishing up I asked for her name and where I could send a compliment. She says:" Oh no, I am just doing my job and try to keep United flying!" I am truly impressed by her humble nature. I did get her first name and am now debating:
Should I send in a GTEM or not?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5 Star
Send it!
Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Send a letter to WHQ, and copy every executive. There are still a few employees at UA who need to be cloned and spread throughout their system. ^ ^ ^ to this employee.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Definitely send. There are few enough good people anywhere (nevermind United) that they need whatever positive support we can give.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:48 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
another vote for "send it" but make sure you include a reference to the fact that she "refused" the compliment as she "was just doing her job"
Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I agree with everyone else, send in the compliment. Further, I agree with the method suggested by flyinbob. Send the compliment to WHQ and start with Glenn Tilton and work your way down until the custodians are emailed. Ok, maybe a half dozen to dozen executives would work but send the compliment.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Last night I received very professional, quick service from an agent at the MP desk. Finishing up I asked for her name and where I could send a compliment. She says:" Oh no, I am just doing my job and try to keep United flying!" I am truly impressed by her humble nature. I did get her first name and am now debating:
Should I send in a GTEM or not?
I think you should for sure.

PS. Your opening sentences brought out a double entendre s...... in me! I'll get my coat.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Definitely send in the positive comment. You can send it on UA's website, or through the elite email address. If the employee touched a record or your account, reference that data point and they can look up the employee who provided the excellent service.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:31 pm

I'd send it.

On a flight last year, I was sitting next to a woman from United's HQ who seemed to be pretty high up in HR. We were chatting and I asked how they handle compliments about good employees. She went through the process, unfortunately I forgot the exact steps, but I the employee knows he/she was recognized and I am trying to remember if they get a copy of the letter or not.

But I'm sure it'd make their day to know that you took the time to send it in.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
send send send!
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Last night I received very professional, quick service from an agent at the MP desk. Finishing up I asked for her name and where I could send a compliment. She says:" Oh no, I am just doing my job and try to keep United flying!"
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I think you should for sure.

PS. Your opening sentences brought out a double entendre s...... in me! I'll get my coat.
And over the phone yet .
Yes, of course send it!
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by goalie
another vote for "send it" but make sure you include a reference to the fact that she "refused" the compliment as she "was just doing her job"
+1 for sending it.

-1 for telling UA she refused the compliment. There are folks in UA management (as there are in any company) that would berate her.

Focus on the facts and keep it all positive.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold, UA 1P , Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Defenitely send it!
Old Jan 8, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.94MM, Marriott Titanium
Please send it, people are much less likely to report exceptionally good service than somewhat poor service.

I sent a compliment regarding a pilot to the elite email and got a very nice reply saying "I will make sure his manager is aware of his efforts. Thank you so much for recognizing his service to you." ^
Old Jan 8, 2010, 5:08 pm
Company Representative - United Airlines

Programs: United Public Relations
Yes, send it!

Title says it all. Yes, she deserves a big ^^^ for her work and attitude. And yes, we can always use more like her!

Feel free to send a letter of compliment, but please do also send a private message with her name to United PR. Will probably need your MP number and details of the transaction to narrow down who she was.

We do occasionally drop the ball -- and then have to spend a good amount of time dealing with the aftermath -- so we certainly want to recognize great service. Thanks, and have a good weekend.

United PR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.