Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reroute or Stay With Original Itin

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Reroute or Stay With Original Itin

Here's an interesting scenario. Tomorrow night I am headed home to ORD during what might be the main part of the storm ... so I was casually messing with the re-booking tool on .bomb and found that I can change to a different non-stop flight to ORD for free or re-route via IAD for a mere $10.60 more (just the fare difference).

Obviously from a mileage earning perspective and potential upgrade via IAD is better but what I am wondering since its most likely going to be irregular ops tomorrow at ORD would an IAD 767 or 777 be less likely to be scrapped than my E170? I have considered switching to an earlier flight from my departure point but the plane before is an even smaller RJ and I am at a station that only has service to ORD every 3 hours or so.

My main goal tomorrow is to get home ... early would be nice but home is most important.

In summary:

(1) I can connect and leave 2 hrs earlier with a scheduled arrival that is 1.5 hrs later then my current itinerary, (2) I can stick it out on my E170 or (3) I can change to an earlier non-stop flight on a CRJ.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 6, 2010, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1P, LH FTL, BA
I'd probably switch to mainline, since it is more likely to fly in IRROPS.

Then I'd monitor tomorrow whether one of the direct flights is actually flying, and, if yes, try to get changed onto it - particularly if the earlier direct flight leaves around the same time as the flight to IAD...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.