Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Might want to pass on that F meal out of DEN...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Might want to pass on that F meal out of DEN...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2010, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by goalie
flew ex-den yesterday in f (not naming the flight as the f/a involved may join f/t and post as well ).

[...]
me: I swapped to the shrimp salad at the last minute
Knowing what you knew, why didn't you ask for a snack box instead.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver
I have always thought that airline meal is one of the cleanest meals that I can have outside home, but it may not be true.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
I don't know anything about law but if food saftey is in their contract (if not, it should be) UA should sue imho. This is a liability waiting to happen, if I was UA I wouldn't take this news laying down, hopefully this gets resolved quickly.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
For you computer-types:

This is definitely a bug not a feature.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
Originally Posted by AlanInDC
For you computer-types:

This is definitely a bug not a feature.
That one gets the groaner award.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 1:45 am

Programs: RVT 1K
I really do hope some people lost their jobs over this...and I hope many realize this kind of thing would mostly only happen in America, not in Germany or Japan.....nobody cares here, it is why our airlines and service industries are the way they are....
Old Jan 11, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RS250Racer
I really do hope some people lost their jobs over this...and I hope many realize this kind of thing would mostly only happen in America, not in Germany or Japan.....nobody cares here, it is why our airlines and service industries are the way they are....
did you read the article?
a) two people did in fact lose their jobs, the GM and the executive chef
b) LSG is owned by LH (german company)
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:10 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by mre5765
Originally Posted by goalie
flew ex-den yesterday in f (not naming the flight as the f/a involved may join f/t and post as well ).

[...]
me: I swapped to the shrimp salad at the last minute
Knowing what you knew, why didn't you ask for a snack box instead.
bald moment as i completely forgot until it happened-major penalty accepted on my part
Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RS250Racer
Did China get added to America so they could have their baby food scandal?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
I normally only fly F on my way home (inbound to DEN) and not on my way out to work. Yesterday was an exception. In spite of having skipped breakfast and not having time for lunch in DEN, I passed on the F meal. Just couldn't bring myself to do it. So besides the mixed nuts, my first meal was at around 21:00 EST yesterday. Bummer.

And considering that DEN is probably no different than any of the rest (except that they got caught), I guess I need to start thinking about what to bring onboard if I'm hungry.

I was thinking about this. If I were a celebrity chef and I caught wind of this, I would immediately drop my affiliation with [fill-in-the-blank airline] and probably even sue. Is UA still affiliated with ol' what's-her-name? If so, I wonder if she's caught wind of this...
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I normally only fly F on my way home (inbound to DEN) and not on my way out to work. Yesterday was an exception. In spite of having skipped breakfast and not having time for lunch in DEN, I passed on the F meal. Just couldn't bring myself to do it. So besides the mixed nuts, my first meal was at around 21:00 EST yesterday. Bummer.

And considering that DEN is probably no different than any of the rest (except that they got caught), I guess I need to start thinking about what to bring onboard if I'm hungry.

I was thinking about this. If I were a celebrity chef and I caught wind of this, I would immediately drop my affiliation with [fill-in-the-blank airline] and probably even sue. Is UA still affiliated with ol' what's-her-name? If so, I wonder if she's caught wind of this...
Its Charlie Trotter, and if he hasn't left UA for the horrid crap that he lets them use his name on I'd say he likes money more than reputation.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1P, F9 Ascent, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ryan182
Its Charlie Trotter, and if he hasn't left UA for the horrid crap that he lets them use his name on I'd say he likes money more than reputation.
Agreed. I'll eat the snack box before the Trotter meals. And I do mean the box, not the contents. The Trotter food is easily the worst I've had on a plane.

As for DEN, chances are now that they've been exposed they've gone from worst to first for safety. Usually happens. When Jack in the Box had the E-Coli scare in the 80s (90's?), they revamped opps and became the safest fast food option.

Last edited by mlasser; Jan 18, 2010 at 4:48 pm
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
Originally Posted by ryan182
Based on the UA food, if I ever came across a Charlie Trotter restaurant, I would avoid it.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I normally only fly F on my way home (inbound to DEN) and not on my way out to work. Yesterday was an exception. In spite of having skipped breakfast and not having time for lunch in DEN, I passed on the F meal. Just couldn't bring myself to do it.
You could have asked for a snack box.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K
Survey

Just received an email asking me to take a survey on my recent F meal ex-DEN. Coincidence? =)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.