Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Let's Eat! 2010 Domestic First and Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's Eat! 2010 Domestic First and Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:35 pm

Date: 4/17/2010
Flight/Route: UA74/HNL-SFO

Aircraft/Tail/Seat: 747-400/N116UA/2K
Departure Time/Duration: 12:38pm / 4:25
Meal: Lunch

Pre-departure beverage choice of water or orange juice.

After takeoff, choice of beverage with warm nuts.

Lunch choices were Thai Curry Beef or Macadamia Chicken Breast. (had the Chicken). Both choices served with a side-salad, white or parker house roll, and black forest cake.

Indiviudally wrapped Milano cookies left of snack table throughout flight.

Warm chocolate chip cookie prior to landing.

Excellent Crew!! Very Attentive. ^^

Date: 4/18/2010
Flight/Route: UA873/SFO-IAD

Aircraft/Tail/Seat: 777-200 (3-cabin)/N216UA/1J
Departure Time/Duration: 1:09pm / 4:55

Pre-departure beverage. OJ and Water presented, but FA offered to serve any beverage of choice. ^

Lunch choices were Sesame Teriyaki Chicken Salad or Hot Ham Sandwich

Had the salad. Served with Corn Bisque, Pita bread triangles with hummus, choice of white or parker house roll, and black forest cake for dessert (served separately).

Last edited by hawaii777; Apr 24, 2010 at 7:54 pm
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by hawaii777
UA74/HNL-SFO
Aircraft/Tail/Seat: 747-400/Unknown/2K
Date:
Flight/Route: UA873/SFO-IAD
747 and 3 cabin 777? What a nice way to fly from the islands
Old Apr 21, 2010, 5:31 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by rch4u
Please keep us posted on the response!
It looks like the flight was not properly catered. Here's the response:

Food should have been served in business class and I will file a complaint to Airport Operations with your email included...We look forward to serving better in the future.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by fsa_ea

Food should have been served in business class and I will file a complaint to Airport Operations with your email included...We look forward to serving better in the future.
No offer for compensation? to UA.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by warreng24
No offer for compensation? to UA.
I'm confused. It would appear fsa_ea has edited his/her post. The original post (without ellipsis) said:

Food should have been served in business class and I will file a
complaint to Airport Operations with your email included. In the
meantime as a way of saying sorry for the negative experience please
accept the attached travel voucher along with the terms and conditions
of use.

We look forward to serving better in the future.
So, was there a travel voucher, or wasn't there?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Flight/Route: UA745/DEN-PDX
Aircraft/Tail/Seat: 757-200/N538UA/4C
Departure Time/Duration: 6:53 p.m./2:55
Meal: Dinner

After takeoff, warm nuts and drinks were served. I enjoyed what will be my last domestic Glenlivet as they are "gone in two weeks," according to the rather brusque purser (the second flight attendant was nearly as curt).

Meal orders were taken from front to back; nobody in rows 4-6 received a choice, including the GS behind us who was not happy. "What would have been my choice if I'd received one?" he asked a bit petulantly, but he was right to call out the poor service.

The missing choice was a "southwest chicken salad," or the "tube pasta with vegetable marinara sauce."

I like hot food, and this was hot, and perfectly cooked. But what a cheap, lowball meal. Rigatoni with a slightly-spicy red sauce and some chopped vegetables (broccoli, onions, mushrooms), covered with melted Parmesean . On the side was a sourdough roll with butter. The Red Tree shiraz was OK as usual. Dessert was on the same tray, but I removed it for the photo.

It got bumpy so when I had some coffee with my yellow cake with white icing (looked like coconut cake but wasn't), it was served in a crew cup. While it was moist, it just screamed "cheap!"

The crew mostly disappeared after the meal service but did serve a "last call" round of drinks before landing, which was a few minutes early.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:31 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Flight/Route: UA572/PDX-DEN
Aircraft/Tail/Seat: 757-200/N536UA/3A
Departure Time/Duration: 2:50 p.m./2:35
Meal: Snack

After departure, cocktails were offered by the friendly crew. This was a nice change from the outbound flight a few days prior. I enjoyed some Red Tree shiraz again.

I pre-ordered LFMLs; this was much nicer than the disappointing dinner of the prior post (there was no linen on the trays, for some reason).

A sliced, chicken breast (very moist and juicy) was served atop a bed of orzo, corn and mushrooms, with some large tomato pieces on the side. This can be kind of bland so I asked for some lemon to squeeze on top, which helped the flavor a lot. A wheat roll (no butter) and a small fruit bowl (red grapes, canteloupe, pineapple) were also on the tray. I forgot to ask for a cookie, which was served with the fruit and cheese plates the "non-specials" were served.

The crew was attentive and drinks flowed freely for the whole flight, which arrived almost exactly on time.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:04 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
I'm confused. It would appear fsa_ea has edited his/her post. The original post (without ellipsis) said:

So, was there a travel voucher, or wasn't there?
How did you do that?

Yes, compensation was received.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Kurt
Flight/Route: UA745/DEN-PDX
Aircraft/Tail/Seat: 757-200/N538UA/4C
Departure Time/Duration: 6:53 p.m./2:55

After takeoff, warm nuts and drinks were served. I enjoyed what will be my last domestic Glenlivet as they are "gone in two weeks," according to the rather brusque purser (the second flight attendant was nearly as curt).

Meal orders were taken from front to back; nobody in rows 4-6 received a choice, including the GS behind us who was not happy. "What would have been my choice if I'd received one?" he asked a bit petulantly, but he was right to call out the poor service.

The missing choice was a "southwest chicken salad," or the "tube pasta with vegetable marinara sauce."

I like hot food, and this was hot, and perfectly cooked. But what a cheap, lowball meal. Rigatoni with a slightly-spicy red sauce and some chopped vegetables (broccoli, onions, mushrooms), covered with melted Parmesean . On the side was a sourdough roll with butter. The Red Tree shiraz was OK as usual. Dessert was on the same tray, but I removed it for the photo.

It got bumpy so when I had some coffee with my yellow cake with white icing (looked like coconut cake but wasn't), it was served in a crew cup. While it was moist, it just screamed "cheap!"

The crew mostly disappeared after the meal service but did serve a "last call" round of drinks before landing, which was a few minutes early.
I agree with you that United has been "cheap"! The pasta dish and cake have been around for six months now.... Where is the imagination? I usually pay for C/F on domestic flights ( as part of international itinerary), and I am not getting what I pay for.

For my next trip, I am going to select CO (UA codeshare) metals for the domestic legs to try out CO services, meals, and lounges.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Apr 21, 2010 at 9:10 am Reason: image
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Lunch on the 1:37pm ORD-SFO (hot sandwich--can't recall if it was chicken or turkey). Second choice was Southwest chicken salad. There were more requests for salads than what was available, so some guests that wanted salads as their first choice ended up with the sandwich.

Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:49 am

Date: 4/22/2010
Flight/Route: UA975/IAD-SFO

Aircraft/Tail/Seat: 777-200 (3-cabin)/Unknown/1J
Departure Time/Duration: 5:35pm / 5:15

Pre-departure beverage. OJ or Water.

Dinner choices were Chicken with Asian Style Sauce with Sticky Rice or Cheese Ravioli.

Had the chicken. Served with side salad; plate with slice of cheddar and swiss cheese, grapes, and walnuts; choice of white or wheat roll; and carrot cake for dessert (served separately).

Another great flight with excellent service by an IAD-based cabin crew. ^^^

Date: 4/23/2010
Flight/Route: UA75/SFO-HNL

Aircraft/Tail/Seat: 777 (2 cabin)/Unknown/1J
Departure Time/Duration: 2:14pm / 4:58

Pre-departure beverage choice of water, orange juice, or sparkling wine.

Lunch choices were Mahi Mahi or Macadamia Chicken Breast. (had the Chicken). Both choices served with a side-salad, white or multi grain roll, and black forest cake.

Great and attentive service from SFO-based cabin crew. ^^

Last edited by hawaii777; Apr 24, 2010 at 7:52 pm Reason: Include 2nd leg SFO/HNL
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Route: DEN-sfo
Aircraft: 777-200 (Domestic Configuration)
Departure Time: 6:44 p.m.

PDB of OJ or Water offered prior to take-off

After takeoff, warm nuts and drinks were served.

Choices were a "southwest chicken salad," or the "tube pasta with vegetable marinara sauce."

I'll just echo (for exact agreement's sake) Kurt's comments about this meal:

"I like hot food, and this was hot, and perfectly cooked. But what a cheap, lowball meal. Rigatoni with a slightly-spicy red sauce and some chopped vegetables (broccoli, onions, mushrooms), covered with melted Parmesean . On the side was a sourdough roll with butter."

Also had the "costco sheet cake" for dessert. Tasty but dry and agree that it just screams cheap.

Date: 4/22/2010
Route: SFO-DEN
Aircraft/Load Factor: 757/100% in F and Y
Departure Time/Duration: 12:58PM

NO PDB.

Lunch choices were Sesame Teriyaki Chicken Salad or Hot Ham Sandwich

Had the salad. It was tasty, and served with 2 Balsamic Vinagrette Dressing tubs. Warm roll and butter served on the tray, along with a warm chocolate chip cookie. Drink re-fills offered throughout the flight.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
any one fly UA 907 ORD-SFO (1730 dep) in F or C lately? I'm flying in C next weekend (5/1) and if my UDU does not clear, I'm dreading the choice of "asian" chicken or "asian" chicken ...
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
4/21 UA408 DEN-LGA A319 First Class Dinner
Pre-departure drink: water/OJ

After takeoff: Preferred drink with warm nuts

Two choices for dinner
Pasta or Hot Chicken

Both chocies come with
1. a warm bread
2. a small green salad
3. a small plate of grapes, carrots and celery with ranch dressing
4. a small cake

4/24 UA405 LGA-DEN B757 First Class Lunch
Pre-departure drink: water/OJ

After takeoff: preferred drink with cold nuts

Two choices for Lunch:
1. Chef salad with hot vegetable soup, warm bread, and cheese plate

2. Hot chicken sandwich with hot vegetable soup and cheese plate

Chocolate cookie for dessert

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 25, 2010 at 3:31 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM
25 April 2010

Flight: UA869 (BOS-SFO)
Aircraft: 757-200
Departure Time: 0811 (6h 36m duration)
Meal: Breakfast (First Class)

Pre-Departure: The usual water or OJ offered in a plastic cup. Beverages of choice were eventually honors immediately after take-off. A person sitting near me asked for a MGD, but the FA initially said no, but would check with the Purser. Literally after wheels up, the Purser came back with an apology (she was busy) and the MGD. ^

After-Departure:
  • Beverage of choice in a glass
  • Hot towel service

Choice of:
  • Cheese Omelet
  • Fruit and Yogurt Plate

Both meals served with:
  • Butter (on the tray)
  • Choice of a croissant or banana-nut muffin
  • Strawberry jam offered

Omelet was stuffed with cheddar cheese. It was served with a side of breakfast potatoes (with red and green peppers). There was also a bit of sauce (hollandaise?).

There was also a small bowl of fruit (black grapes, a slice of honeydew and slide of pineapple).

Prior to Arrival (~90 min prior to landing):
  • Beverage of choice
  • Snack basket (whole bananas, Kettle Chips, Biscoff, Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Squares)

Note that it looks like we now have a pre-arrival snack basket on the Transcon flights. The snack basket was first reported by United737522 in this thread. Big ^ to UA for the new snack basket!

Channel 9: Off

Last edited by warreng24; Apr 26, 2010 at 9:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.