Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How about My Itineraries starts working?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2002, 10:29 am
Original Poster

How about My Itineraries starts working?

I have a simple request for UA, in the midst of all this grand speculation about UA in bankruptcy.

I would like for the My Itineraries function to start working, so I can show up for my flights.

Does anyone know if this is a "planned outage," or what's going on? Usually I get little if any response to questions about the website, so I thought maybe people here would know.

Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold, SPG Gold
It was working yesterday throughout the day when I looked.
I just checked and it is working for me now (a little slow but still working).
I am in the west coast if that matters.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 10:50 am

My Itineraries has been performing relatively well for me over the past week ("All United Itineraries", as I don't have any united.com itins at the moment). An itinerary I purchased yesterday afternoon wasn't showing up two hours later, but this morning it's there and all seems to be well. (Also US west coast if it matters)
Old Dec 11, 2002, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
US West Coast here too, but I can't get onto that link this morning, and yesterday it was showing "empty." even though I have an upcoming international itinerary with a waitlist I'm waiting to clear ...

John
Old Dec 11, 2002, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Mine shows empty, but reservations can pull up my records. I thought the web was supposed to save them costs? Now I have to waste agent time just to verify itineraries, check for changes, make sure my seats haven't disappeared, etc. And I feel bad wasting their time.

[This message has been edited by gleff (edited 12-11-2002).]
Old Dec 11, 2002, 11:21 am
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
Not working for me, either.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Active itineraries

You currently do not have any itineraries to view</font>
Old Dec 11, 2002, 12:20 pm

Wow, my itin disappeared in the past hour or so. Mine looks just like EPS's now.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

I have six booked itins. I can see it seems a random subset of them on any given day, sometimes four or five, sometimes none, usually about two or three.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 2:33 pm

Programs: WWMFD
Weird. Both of My Itineraries (all +.com) have been working fine last night & all day today (including just now).
Old Dec 11, 2002, 3:03 pm

I've received every conceivable reply from "No active Itineraries" to itineraries that I've never booked and to places I've never heard of. Upgrades appear and then disappear; seat assignments are confirmed in First but are actually Business Class; purchased tickets display an airfare that looks like yen but has the U.S. "$" before it. I know that UA has recently layed off thousands of employees, but it's tragic they were all from the UAL.com Department.

Now for some REAL laughs, try making a purchase through United's new Skymall. After spending three+ hours and almost $4500 dollars, NOTHING went through, and was lost to an empty screen for me to sign-in. I was so flustered that I called the credit card company to inquire whether an authorization had been requested - NOPE! I had FINALLY reached the last page after entering every item, billing address, shipping address, personal message, and when I clicked "SUBMIT" it all went down the toilet.

Sorry for my rant. I'm just SO frustrated that as a Million Miler 1K I can not find a "saver" award seat or SWU upgrade for any of my planned flights throughout January, despite inventory discloses them all to be F9,A9,C9,D9; calls to the International 1K Desk are kept on hold for &gt;5 minutes, and I can't check-in using any sort of upgrade for any flight without certs being surrended for my SWU, HK49 AND 500 mile account...then I need to spend an hour to explain why I think there's an error to Mileage Plus for ALL those certs being confiscated for a direct flight to NRT!
Old Dec 11, 2002, 5:06 pm
TUFBEAR

"My Active Itineraries" has been "Inactive" and screwed-up for months. Sometimes it "Do"-and sometimes it "Don't"---"How Do It Know"???

Old Dec 11, 2002, 8:33 pm

Programs: WN:No status in 2015; UA:1K long gone (1995-2003).
Earlier today I had none; then two; then a different two; now three. It's broken!
Old Dec 13, 2002, 1:55 am
Original Poster

It started working tonight.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 11:52 pm

Programs: No status anywhere :(
My "All United Itineraries" have been coming and going.

Two questions regaring "All" vs. "united.com" itineraries:

Why can't I request and upgrade?

Why can't I click and automagically download my flight information into my computer's calendar program?
Old Dec 14, 2002, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jwright:
Why can't I click and automagically download my flight information into my computer's calendar program?</font>
I've made that suggestion to Yahoo Calendar as a very compelling feature enhancement for admittedly a small percentage of the population. It's particular interesting since if they grab the flight data from the airlines, they can automatically update the "appointment" for rescheduled flights. Unfortunately, unless they're given special access to your itinerary, they cannot account for the times when you're rescheduled from one set of flights to a different set.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.