Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United RCC Alcoholic Beverages

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2009, 12:14 am
Original Poster

United RCC Alcoholic Beverages

I was wondering what is the cost to purchase alcoholic beverages. What specialty drinks do they offer? What beers on tap and wines do they carry? Is there a website to see a list of what beverages are in the RCC. BTW Is there a plan to offer complimentary alcoholic beverages like CO does and US Airways with their complimentary House Wines and Beers?

Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2009, 12:59 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Most drinks cost 1 drink chit. The better ones, 2. I think a drink chit is about $6 or $7. Some clubs (INTL and HNL) offer free drinks, but not of the better sorts, AFAIK.

We'll have to see if they go to comp drinks at all clubs.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 1:12 am

Domestic RCCs don't comp any alcoholic beverages. International ones do.

I think RCCs are really not that good for beverages in general: in most cases you have to go to the bar for a limited selection of soda, unless you're lucky enough to find the one you want in the fridge! And indeed mixed drinks with more than 1 alcoholic ingredient often require 2 chits (or >$10)
Old Dec 19, 2009, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The requirement to hand over two drink tickets for "premium" beverages at UA's RCCs is the biggest cheapskate measure I've ever seen.

The front of the ticket clearly says, "Good for one alcoholic beverage." (It doesn't say, "Good for 1/2 of an alcoholic beverage.")

In other words, if one buys a premium Business Class fare, UA will give them ONE (1) decent drink before departure.

Contrast that to other carriers, especially international, where the lounges have free-flowing booze. And in many cases, that booze is better than what UA deems as "premium."
Old Dec 19, 2009, 7:21 am

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by UNITED959
In other words, if one buys a premium Business Class fare, UA will give them ONE (1) decent drink before departure.
This especially hurts during delays when there is time and a reason for more drinks.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by FreFly
This especially hurts during delays when there is time and a reason for more drinks.
I am hoping RCC will at least do the free beer/wine thing like US.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FreFly
I think flying on United is reason enough to want to drink...
Old Dec 19, 2009, 8:42 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
I notice that most RCC have no soft drinks available, unless you go to the bar and ask for one, do you pay for these?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 8:43 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, AA,
I think flying on United is reason enough to want to drink...
Agreed but...

I have given away all my free drink chits for years because the quality is poor and domestic RCCs are lame. On the other hand, I would be happy if UA could import the draft beer poring machines from Japan (at NRT UA, ANA lounges, etcetera).
Old Dec 19, 2009, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sfo
I notice that most RCC have no soft drinks available, unless you go to the bar and ask for one, do you pay for these?
Only at the larger stations, many RCCs have coolers with self-serve soft drinks, including LGA and DCA (neither of which are exactly small) and the new RCC at B-16 ORD has a soft-drink dispenser (with well-documented Coke Zero YEAH.)

Originally Posted by ord100
Agreed but...

I have given away all my free drink chits for years because the quality is poor and domestic RCCs are lame. On the other hand, I would be happy if UA could import the draft beer poring machines from Japan (at NRT UA, ANA lounges, etcetera).
At selected RCCs they are now offering some premier beverages, including real champers (Tattinger, I believe) for a premium price. I think it was $12 at ORD for a glass, and at LAX you could buy a split but I didn't check the price. I DID see lots of people taking advantage of the good stuff. There have been varied reports of some people who were able to buy a glass with 2 chits, and some who were turned away.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Contrast that to other carriers, especially international, where the lounges have free-flowing booze. And in many cases, that booze is better than what UA deems as "premium."
Do any other U.S. carriers offer premium booze for int'l pax in their clubs? I know DL turns it up a bit at their int'l SkyClubs.

CO offers premium booze, but even int'l biz pax have to pay for it. If you want free drinks, it's the cheap stuff.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:26 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by milepig
Only at the larger stations, many RCCs have coolers with self-serve soft drinks, including LGA and DCA (neither of which are exactly small) and the new RCC at B-16 ORD has a soft-drink dispenser (with well-documented Coke Zero YEAH.)

At selected RCCs they are now offering some premier beverages, including real champers (Tattinger, I believe) for a premium price. I think it was $12 at ORD for a glass, and at LAX you could buy a split but I didn't check the price. I DID see lots of people taking advantage of the good stuff. There have been varied reports of some people who were able to buy a glass with 2 chits, and some who were turned away.
Actually at the LAX RCC you get more than a split of Tattinger its a 1/2 bottle 375 ml ( a split is 187 ml ) great deal for 2 RCC chits in my opinion.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Actually at the LAX RCC you get more than a split of Tattinger its a 1/2 bottle 375 ml ( a split is 187 ml ) great deal for 2 RCC chits in my opinion.
They only charge you 2 chits for that? A GREAT deal!!
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: 1K, 1 Mil UAL, Diamond HILTON Plat Marroitt
RCC

I have been using Continentals Presidents Club's when possible. If your flying UAL through LAS, the club there is very nice. The well booze is free and the clubs are nicer. I hope UAL doesn't mess with the President's Club. If you fly through DEN and have a layover, take the tram over to the A gates and try the Presidents Club. It sure beats the RCC"s on the B concourse.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by milepig
sfo has the drink dispenser as well, but the cups are really small

one or two of the rccs at iad have the canned sodas, and san does too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.