Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Red Carpet Club Lounge Access When Travelling To/From Canada [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Red Carpet Club Lounge Access When Travelling To/From Canada [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:38 pm

Thanks for the responses! When does United send out the physical cards? As soon as you reach an EQM level, or at the beginning of each year? If it's at the beginning of the year, I may not get mine in time to access the lounge at YQB... but it's good to know that I'll probably get access to the United Club lounges.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
as mentioned earlier USA-Canada travel does qualify for *G RCC access for all stations even for UA/CO elites

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...da-merged.html

Originally Posted by joen52
Thanks for the responses! When does United send out the physical cards? As soon as you reach an EQM level, or at the beginning of each year? ...
at this point they will likely be holding sending out cards until the annual mass mailing occurs

Originally Posted by joen52
....If it's at the beginning of the year, I may not get mine in time to access the lounge at YQB... but it's good to know that I'll probably get access to the United Club lounges.
@YQB, try just using your BP at the MLL
Old Nov 24, 2011, 1:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM/*A Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, WN A-List, Hertz Platinum, IHG Platinum
Sorry for misinformation there. Like I said, to my knowledge...

In response to someone's comment on how a GS/2MM doesn't know this...in 40 years at my job and +25 flying with UA, I've never had to fly to Canada. I remembered reading on FlyerTalk that *G from US carrier could not use Maple Lounges or International lounges on these flights as UA didn't consider them international flights -- specifically ex-USA.

Again, my apologies.

Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving!
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: DL Plat / UA Gold 1MM.
BakerMan, unfortunately there is not a Maple Leaf Lounge in at YQB per the AC website. However, according to the YQB website you should be able to use the Priority Pass lounge if you show your United 1K/GS card.

Also note that at most Canadian airports you clear US customs in Canada, but various web sites indicate that this isn't the case at YQB.

Last edited by WillFlyer; Nov 24, 2011 at 10:00 am Reason: Fixed OP's status
Old Nov 24, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
I have never managed to get into the MLLs without a UA*G card. I wouldn't get my hopes up to get in. If you get UDUd on the flight to UA F then you will get into the MLLs.

I can also confirm that there is no US immigration pre-clearance at YQB. You will clear immigration/customs when you enter the US.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
as mentioned earlier USA-Canada travel does qualify for *G RCC access for all stations even for UA/CO elites
Anyone confirmed recently if this is still true?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:50 pm

Yes and yes
Originally Posted by DLConvert
Anyone confirmed recently if this is still true?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
No issue with Air Canada MLL's with RCC or *G/UA Gold/Premier/1K cards recently either. Also UA flights to/from Canada are now marketed as Biz/Economy (not Domestic First/Economy and NOT BizFirst)
Old Apr 28, 2012, 3:20 am

Departing Canada

I've read through this thread and noticed some conflicting information.. hope someone could help! I have two family members flying YYZ-ORD-LAX, all same day, in UA First. No MP or *A status. Could they access the MLL at YYZ, and / or the RCC at ORD?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Originally Posted by savekenny
I've read through this thread and noticed some conflicting information.. hope someone could help! I have two family members flying YYZ-ORD-LAX, all same day, in UA First. No MP or *A status. Could they access the MLL at YYZ, and / or the RCC at ORD?
AC = Yes
UA = No

United does not offer lounge access to first and bus if it is not a 'transoceanic' flight. AC does.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:54 am

UA does give United Club access to transborder (international though not across the pond) premium class passengers (regardless of elite status) traveling on UA-operated flights. The transborder segment has to be premium class. My girl friend (without *A elite status) has had no problem using United Clubs when traveling in United Business class between US and Canada for the past a few months.

Originally Posted by Derek
AC = Yes
UA = No

United does not offer lounge access to first and bus if it is not a 'transoceanic' flight. AC does.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 6:27 am

So it seems they should get access to MLL for the YYZ-ORD leg. How about the ORD-LAX leg at the RCC? It's a domestic leg, but they just came from an "international" segment?
Old May 11, 2012, 4:07 pm

According to *A rules, passengers traveling in premium cabin without *G status are only granted access to lounge at the "departure" city of international flight. Therefore they are not eligible for complimentary access to the United Club at ORD.
Originally Posted by savekenny
So it seems they should get access to MLL for the YYZ-ORD leg. How about the ORD-LAX leg at the RCC? It's a domestic leg, but they just came from an "international" segment?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
YQB

So trying to figure out if there is a lounge we can use in YQB. We are United Club members flying first class on United YQB-ORD-SFO?

Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2012, 3:07 pm

You'll be able to access the club in ORD and SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.