Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Secure Flight data incomplete Add "under view my itineraries"

Secure Flight data incomplete Add "under view my itineraries"

Old Mar 12, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1P DL GM HH PP
I have been dealing with the unable to save Secure Flight data for the past three months on a flight I am taking with my son in April.

I have tried different browsers, enter-log out-log in, clear cookies/cache, middle name/middle initial on first name line and it still doesn't work. I will call 72 hours out to try and fix, try during OLCI, and at the airport if necessary.

I chalk it up to another "not ready for primetime" web feature brought to you by the Friendly Skies IT folks.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by cvn74n2
I have been dealing with the unable to save Secure Flight data for the past three months on a flight I am taking with my son in April.

I have tried different browsers, enter-log out-log in, clear cookies/cache, middle name/middle initial on first name line and it still doesn't work. I will call 72 hours out to try and fix, try during OLCI, and at the airport if necessary.

I chalk it up to another "not ready for primetime" web feature brought to you by the Friendly Skies IT folks.
I've flown a number of flights without entering the secure flight info. If you are unable to enter it, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, National Exec
I have found if you haven't entered it online Mr. Chicken will just ask you for it when you check-in at the airport.

Does anyone know when .bomb is going to be updated so we only have to enter the information once? United claimed that was going to happen Feb. 2010 but I haven't heard anything about it.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:42 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LexVegas
...Does anyone know when .bomb is going to be updated so we only have to enter the information once? United claimed that was going to happen Feb. 2010 but I haven't heard anything about it.
UA presently is posting
In an effort to simplify the process, we are working toward adding the ability to save this information for use in future reservations. Customers will have the ability to save Secure Flight data to their united.com customer profiles beginning in late March of 2010.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: UA MP 1K 2MM
Problems with Secure Flight data entry?

In the past few weeks I have been attempting to enter the required data for the TSA Secure Flight program on UA.com. I was under the impression that by now, UA was to have a function in which one might enter the data and it would be saved. It appears that that function is very hit or miss.

Furthermore, on entering data for existing itineraries, I get a message :

We are unable to save your Secure Flight information. Please try again later

Also, most of my itineraries have a green check indicating that Secure Flight data are entered, but when checking, I find either birthdate or gender or even full name are missing. I even went back today to check on a flight that I had entered the data for (and which had accepted the information) and bits were missing.

Has anyone found a way to get this function to work predictably? I am wasting a lot of time trying to get these data entered once and for all.

Ain't technology great?

Flyer 420
in Seattle
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:46 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
with the latest round on united's website enhancements, there now is a section under one's mp profile where you can set up and store your secure flight data. i've stored it for me and goalie-parents (and is has stayed saved) but haven't had the chance to test it yet by booking a flight

Last edited by goalie; Mar 22, 2010 at 10:26 am Reason: thread merged and revised post to remove extraneous info
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by goalie
...there now is a section under one's mp profile where you can set up and store your secure flight data....
Nice. I completed mine.

Bruce
Old Mar 29, 2010, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
...there now is a section under one's mp profile where you can set up and store your secure flight data....
On United I cannot set up TSA data (birth date, gender) for a companion. Although you can enter the name . . .

Plus at first the "Secure Flight data" field in the itinerary for this companion was shown as complete -- even though it had blanks for the birth date. After changing that, the system would not save the information. But it succeeded in removing the name from the name field !!! So the "Secure Flight data" is now shown as incomplete. Two email to various offices at United have elicited no replies.

Color me utterly not confident in this system.

Last edited by rmoore007ri; Mar 29, 2010 at 1:35 pm Reason: had wrong quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Worked fine for me. All upcoming itineraries have the green check mark, and all data is there.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I'm not having any problems, either, although I believe that the TSA's demands are ridiculous and do nothing to "keep us safe."

Bruce
Old Apr 1, 2010, 8:02 am

Programs: Free Agent
TSA Secure Flight Question: Missing Data?

So, I'll be headed out tomorrow and I was double checking to make sure that my flights hadn't changed, and I noticed that it said my secure flight info was incomplete along with a note about the 72 hour rule.

What happens if you forget to fill the information in? I would have filled it in, but I booked this late last year and thought everything was set. Am I in for trouble when I get to the airport?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 8:04 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Here's an existing thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ineraries.html

and a recent post in it, which states:

Originally Posted by LexVegas
I have found if you haven't entered it online Mr. Chicken will just ask you for it when you check-in at the airport.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:01 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Any updates on this, almost a year on from the last post?

I just encountered this problem and search brought me to this thread. I imagine many non-FTers will call the airline rather than find reassurance here, so this must be costing UA more than it would to sort the IT out.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by IMH

Any updates on this, almost a year on from the last post?

I just encountered this problem and search brought me to this thread. I imagine many non-FTers will call the airline rather than find reassurance here, so this must be costing UA more than it would to sort the IT out.
-
-

The problem is back, at least it is for me today.

The secure flight information data disappears and the United.com system will not accept the data after I entered it many times.

My profile within United.com contains all the requested information but it will not transfer to the international reservation I have for tomorrow.

My international flight tomorrow is a similar itinerary I have taken many times in the past.

Just last month I traveled to the same country and the information had been saved from prior flights. Now, as I wrote, the problem is back.

After trying too many times and using various browsers (IE, Opera, Mozilla) I called United 1K and asked for assistance. I was transferred to ICC and spoke with a supposed technical support person. That person knows less about United's web system than I do.

Bottom line? I will try (waste more time) a few more times tonight to get the information to stay in my reservation. If no luck, when I go to the airport tomorrow I can have it entered there.

Considering all the many other problems with United.com, one has to wonder if the merged company will use the web system presently used by United or will the system used by Continental replace the present United system.
-
Old Mar 22, 2011, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I flew an international itinerary leaving last week, returning yesterday. Every time I checked it on-line, united.com said that my Secure Flight data were incomplete. I'd complete it and save it. The check box would go to green. Next time checked the itinerary, the same problem was back. Interestingly, I checked again this morning, even though I've flown all the flights, and it's back to incomplete. I completed it and saved it yet again!

Bruce

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.