Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Bags (Amenity Kits) in E+

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2010, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by HaeMaker
Since there is a theory going around that amenity kits are actually profitable for UA due to sponsorship. Why not expand them to Y?

Not going to happen, because UA want to differentiate E and E+, not just the legroom.

The idea mainly is aim for elite treatment.

There are airlines out there also have extra amenitites only for premium economy like NH and NZ.

Originally Posted by Mr. Mastodon Flyer
Now if they would just stick a pen in there (like Virgin does) so I could fill out my landing card without having to mooch a pen off a flight attendant!
When the old C kit is gone, hopefully new C kit would end up in E+ also, the new C kit do have a pen inside, but it is a cheap one though.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 10, 2010 at 9:20 am Reason: merge
Old Jan 10, 2010, 9:13 am

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
When the old C kit is gone, hopefully new C kit would end up in E+ also, the new C kit do have a pen inside, but it is a cheap one though.
The pen just needs to last long enough to enable one to sign the Hemispheres magazine. And the landing card.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 5:18 pm

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
everyone in E+ on my FRA-IAD flight on Jan9th got an amenity kit too. I was later op-up'ed to C and found the C kit almost the same - toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion/cream, sock, earplug, etc - etc C packet had a zipper.

lets see if the E+ kits stick around after a few more months to see if they are permanent or just UA burning off its old C kits. kudos in any case
Old Jan 10, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Liking the sound of this.

Often people don't have pens to sign immigration forms, and the flight attendants are forced to lend them. NH gives passengers pens when they ask (and they're thick and branded too).

I'm all for further differentiation of E+ and E-.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
New Kits in E+

I flew NRT-SEA on 1/25 and got the new Murad kits. Nothing on the way over though on 1/21 LAX-NRT.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Those in SQ hardly called a "kit", it is a pair of socks with toothbrush/paste in a clear ziplog bag.

If you talked about CX and QF then it is a different story, as the bag can defiantely reuse.
Nevertheless, SQ offers great amenity kits in both First and Suites. Actually, I find them to be better than those of CX and QF. See below:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...?v=2092204800&

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U.../amenities.jsp
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:31 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
^ to UA for adding kits into E+. I hope this stays.

I was shocked when I first came back to flying UA in 2006, to be told that they dont give out kits in Y since their competitors on the SYD-USA route do. Luckily I was op-upped to C and got the nice kits there.

I am surprised to hear how many of you travel without pens. I have at least 3 in my handbag right now....one from Sheraton on the Park, one from St Regis SIN and one generic from the office . I cant imagine travelling without a pen. I guess other FTers can come to me if they need one next time I am onboard .
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:40 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
^ to UA for adding kits into E+. I hope this stays.

I was shocked when I first came back to flying UA in 2006, to be told that they dont give out kits in Y since their competitors on the SYD-USA route do. Luckily I was op-upped to C and got the nice kits there.

I am surprised to hear how many of you travel without pens. I have at least 3 in my handbag right now....one from Sheraton on the Park, one from St Regis SIN and one generic from the office . I cant imagine travelling without a pen. I guess other FTers can come to me if they need one next time I am onboard .
agreed about traveling with pen. besides, how are you gonna sign the hemispheres magazine and collect autographs from celebrity sightings without one
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
I have at least 3 in my handbag right now....one from Sheraton on the Park, one from St Regis SIN and one generic from the office .
I know a good psychologist in SYD who might be able to help you with your kleptomania, should you be interested!!

Dave
Old Jan 30, 2010, 12:30 am

Programs: AA Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, too many cruise programs to list
Originally Posted by bseller
I know a good psychologist in SYD who might be able to help you with your kleptomania, should you be interested!!

Dave
Fortunately for me, the only one in that list technically stolen was the one from the office. The two hotel pens are promotional items. Or so I will claim when the 5+ (usually more) of various brands are found in my carry-on.

And yes, I do frequently loan them out on international flights for the silly flyers who forget they have to do customs/immigration forms.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fly747first
Nevertheless, SQ offers great amenity kits in both First and Suites. Actually, I find them to be better than those of CX and QF. See below:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...?v=2092204800&

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U.../amenities.jsp
I know, I was redemming F awards on SQ until they had changed to 77W and 380, no more F on SQ til whenever.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:11 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by goalie
agreed about traveling with pen. besides, how are you gonna sign the hemispheres magazine and collect autographs from celebrity sightings without one
Absolutely ^. Cant get spotted if no signing and cant sign if no pen, so the kits need PENS .

P.S Its not kleptomania if the HOTELS give you the pens at check out and the work one is required for all the meetings I go to .

Hopefully we might see UA Pens in amenity kits at some point (keeping this on topic ). The AA kit my friend gave me, has a pen in it. Not sure if it was an F kit or a C kit, will have to ask him.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:37 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I REALLY like the F ammenity kit.... very nice zipper bag. Great for all my chargers. The old C (now E+) ammenity kit is also nice, allowing me to put clothese in it. The new C ammenity kit is a bit worse than the old one, and the bag is small IMO.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 9:56 am

Location: ORD based - All opinions expressed on this forum are my own and in no way represent the views of United Airlines or its affiliates.
Programs: Hilton Gold
We were told by Onboard Mgmt. that the amenity kits in E+ were just there until the supply of the old ones ran out. It is a nice touch but causes quite a few problems as E- people tend to take them off the E+ seats on their way to the back. We usually are not boarded any extras and then those E+ people who didn't get one end up upset.
As for that whole traveling without a pen thing....
I just don't understand it! Who doesn't bring a pen when traveling internationally where they know there will be forms to be filled out? I used to give out my personal pen all the time until one day when walking up the aisle I saw the guy I lent it to picking his nose with it. Gross! He actually tried to return it later in flight but I said no thanks. He seemed confused by this
Old Feb 7, 2010, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iflyua2
We were told by Onboard Mgmt. that the amenity kits in E+ were just there until the supply of the old ones ran out. It is a nice touch but causes quite a few problems as E- people tend to take them off the E+ seats on their way to the back. We usually are not boarded any extras and then those E+ people who didn't get one end up upset.
Well that are certainly ways to hide those without people on the way to E- would see those and take it. Like for my flight last week SEA-NRT, I didn't even notice those til I pick up my pillow and blanket in the seat.

Also if you hide in the seat back pocket, I don't think those would notice it either, or better yet, one of the FA would hand out those after everyone seated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.