Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What lounge at LHR for *A Gold

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2002, 5:49 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kremmen:
Are any of the Star lounges at LHR available to incoming passengers at all? It's possible I may have to wait for an hour or two for a bus next time I'm there.</font>
No. Lounges (due to UK law) are only available for departing / transiting passengers. There is an Arrivals lounge landside for paid (not upgraded) C + F passengers. There used to be a pay to enter arrivals lounge but this has closed. There is a shower in the public toilets in the T1 check-in hall (just next to the Virgin Megastore) which costs a couple of GBP.
Old Nov 17, 2002, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kremmen:
Unless you have a local London ISP or a (usually extremely expensive) international roaming agreement with your ISP, that would seem to be utterly useless.</font>
I use sprint, and they have local and toll free numbers in many countries. I have used this dial up service from the SQ lounge in Heathrow.

Old Nov 17, 2002, 9:12 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MillionMiles:
nothing beats SQ's net access with your own laptop. It's all a matter of bringing your own ethernet cord and bingo at 10BT speed.</font>
CX beats it on HKG and ICN: Wireless LAN. Use your own Wi-Fi card or borrow one (just the card or a whole laptop).
Old Nov 17, 2002, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Are any of the Star lounges at LHR available to incoming passengers at all? It's possible I may have to wait for an hour or two for a bus next time I'm there.</font>
Actually, it does take some finagling, but it is possible, if you are flying UA in particular, to gain access to the RCC. As Wingnut indicates, UK law does have certain prohibitations that make it difficult, but there is a workaround! Check out my thread The Great LHR Lounge Runaround...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.